Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Has To Stop Now

Gullim92

Question

Multiple people reviving the same downed player.

All the time when I play online, every single player in the team rushes to the downed player to revive him

I can understand this when the enemies have been dealt with, as having multiple people speeds up the reviving process (or at least I sincerely HOPE it does)

But doing this when enemies are still around is just ASKING to die! If a teammate gets downed and you see me running towards him and start reviving him in the middle of a firefight, then cover me and kill some enemies to give me time, or kill these five chargers clawing away at my kneecaps! Don't get us both downed by letting the enemies hit us!

And this isn't just a new player thing, some rank 13 or 17 players are doing this as well, its ridiculous..

So please, next time you see a player reviving a downed teammate, provide cover fire, don't stroll over to them and start reviving as well...

I can understand this when the enemies have been dealt with, as having multiple people speeds up the reviving process (or at least I sincerely HOPE it does)

Two people reviving is 2x speed, three is 3x. Four is 4x, but you'll only see that in glitched squad sizes and when reviving specters/kubrows.

If enemies can kill you before you can revive fully, you shouldn't start reviving him. The downed person should also be firing.

Edited by Elvang

the downed player has nothing better to do while being revived to provide cover fire as best they can. also, while they wait for a revive, they should try to move to a safe spot, and as has been said, multiple players reviving the same player provides a rez speed boost. there is no reason not to try to help rez a player.

+1 for OP.

I don't revive people anymore because no one gets this. There was a time when I played tanked up Loki and Ash on Apollodorus to level weapons and help lowbies by rezzing while invisible... didn't work... not only would other higher ranked players still try to 'help' but they would draw Napalm fire and get us all killed. I'm a fast typer and I'll even SAY IN CHAT: "Don't revive me, I have revives. Cover the pod!" and people will still let the pod die to all run over and rez me.

I just always assume I'm going to be the one who has to cover. If someone goes down on defense or mobile defense I make a beeline for the objective and dump my power on CC if I have any. If someone goes down on survival I look straight at them and start shooting things near them to cover the rez people.

The funny thing is I occasionally get a pat on the back for it from people who say everyone ELSE is crazy for helping them rez...

Edited by VKhaun

ITT: A bunch of people who only skimmed the OP and missed the point entirely. 

Very little is as irritating as seeing one downed player lead to one-two more downed teammates. It's like self-preservation doesn't exist in their heads. The only time sacrificing your life to revive someone else is actually worth it, is when you know they can output more damage and are more likely to stay alive than you... but if that was the case, they most likely wouldn't be down in the first place.

OP is 100% correct. There is an epidemic of hallway heroes absolutely ruining missions. They go down, everyone rushes away to revive him, and invariably mission fail. I do not revive players who choose to play this way.

Reviving someone when it leads to jeopardizing a mission, especially a player who refuses to play smart, is not being "nice". It's affirming his poor playing and wasting everyone's time when the mission fails.

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal

No, it's people who read and disagree.

Comprehension doesn't equal agreement.

OP basically said 'hey guys, instead of rushing to help someone revive a downed player and potentially getting yourself downed too, maybe you should shoot the enemies while that ONE person does the reviving'. I don't see how you can disagree with that.

And some people are obviously completely missing what OP said otherwise this quote wouldn't exist 

"Hey you! don't revive him! Why? cuz' I don't want you to!"
Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Situational awareness.

Engage according to operational parameters.

For example: If the pod is going to be destroyed while two people are already reviving my third teammate, should I go to speed up the revive for the +1 to the "1000 revives" achievement? is it worth failing the mission just to be part of the crew that helped revive someone? Probably not.

If you're running with a new player with less experience in WF and he gets downed within your reach and there are no time-sensitive issues, should you go back for him instead of continuing to rush the mission? Probably.

If you are part of the "I don't press 4 and im hip" crowd.

This is the time to press 4.

what?

I was under the impression the saying goes: "I part of the hip crowd, I pwnd enemies with #4!". I get annoyed while running low lvl missions with randoms because they think they are soooooo cool by just nuking the whole lvl 12 crowd of enemies. Some of us are trying to lvl up weapons, no need to stomp everything if the mission is going smoothly. Same thing with Novas, yes, I get they can do a lot, but damn, it just a nice and easy defense/MD/ Survival, no need to do such things.

---------anyway, on topic----

I get what OP is saying, I just don't agree to the point of it "being an issue". It does happen every now and then. From what I've noticed, in low lvl missions. Usually the objective gets dmg, but it survives. I usually do it if I consider the objective safe, and since I'm the objective camper, I usually have a good feel of when it's safe or not. However, there are times when I've gone to some defenses to gain some fast xp. In those cases my weapons that i'm lvling will not suffice to kill fast enough, so I prioritize crowd control and reviving those that have the weapons to do something about it. Overall, I see much, much more of those #4 fans running around causing overkill than I've been let down by a team that choose to revive at the wrong time.

What I hate is when I'm killing an enemy and someone decides I need help and kills them for me. If there are numerou

s baddies then yes by all means kill some but don't be a kill stealer.

well if they get the kill then you get more exp lol

exp works like that

so just let them kill the enemies for u

what?

I was under the impression the saying goes: "I part of the hip crowd, I pwnd enemies with #4!". I get annoyed while running low lvl missions with randoms because they think they are soooooo cool by just nuking the whole lvl 12 crowd of enemies. Some of us are trying to lvl up weapons, no need to stomp everything if the mission is going smoothly. Same thing with Novas, yes, I get they can do a lot, but damn, it just a nice and easy defense/MD/ Survival, no need to do such things.

if you want to level stuff up then go to odd or dark sectors

if you want to level stuff up then go to odd or dark sectors

Yes, but I can't take new weapons to those places. First I have to get to about 12-16 lvls to get some decent mods so that my weapons can do something. Yes, I can go to those high lvl places with a squad. However, if randoms, there is always at least one guy that spams his powers. Taking all the xp towards my frame. Share xp helps, but being able to get a kill with the weapons and sharing the weapon xp makes things go a lot faster.

So basically, the first 12+ lvls can be such a pain. I've yet to find an effective method other than affinity boosters. (I've been mastery grinding for a while now, so most weapons I have left to do are the crap ones. =[  )

I'm more in the 'I only use 1,2,3,4 when I need it crowd.'.

Most 4 skills tend to be nukes.

Nuking gives you and the revivers breathing room for most low level content.

In high level just use your CC and then ress the fellow.

Nothing to difficult just to push your magic I win button.

If you CC stuff, you got nearly all the time in the world to finish a ress.

Edited by fatpig84

I understand what OP means, but the way he worded it makes his first post look slightly aggressive, and that tends to make people disagree what what you say. In essence, i believe he meant to say "don't have the whole team go down reviving someone when you are surrounded by enemies, one guy isn't worth failing the mission for" or something

Then again, OP did mention online, which i assume means public games, and we all know public games don't always go well... most pubs are newbies who need guidance, or just plain don't care about that particular match, especially because they don't feel they owe you anything since they don't know you.

Your advice is nice, but it is likely to fall on deaf ears since the players who do this are usually not the same people who take gameplay suggestions kindly

Edited by Somedude1000

I only go down these days when 1. I'm playing badly and not paying attention, 2. I go out of my way to rez someone in the middle of a bunch of mobs, or 3. I fire my Angstrum on Earth when it's dark out and one of the rockets hits a root.

I understand what the OP is saying. It's not worded too clearly, but what he means is "help the rezzers with gunfire/a disable ability." Whenever I play Banshee with a full group, for example, I just Sound Quake near the downed teammate. It makes everyone's job easier.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Yes, but I can't take new weapons to those places. First I have to get to about 12-16 lvls to get some decent mods so that my weapons can do something. Yes, I can go to those high lvl places with a squad. However, if randoms, there is always at least one guy that spams his powers. Taking all the xp towards my frame. Share xp helps, but being able to get a kill with the weapons and sharing the weapon xp makes things go a lot faster.

So basically, the first 12+ lvls can be such a pain. I've yet to find an effective method other than affinity boosters. (I've been mastery grinding for a while now, so most weapons I have left to do are the crap ones. =[  )

pretty sure there was a patch a while back that changed share xp and affinity orbs to both split even among all things you have equipped rather than a person killing with a certain weapon type giving majority of experience to that weapon type

On topic:

I understand what OP is saying and if you understand what they mean properly it is somewhat good advice, however if the enemies aren't at the point where they wreck people and the downed player has a somewhat decent, for the level your playing at, secondary the downed player can present all the necessary covering fire whilst being revived at a rate faster than normal, which may be more beneficial if there is no sensitive situation such as a cryopod being swarmed or the like.

OP basically said 'hey guys, instead of rushing to help someone revive a downed player and potentially getting yourself downed too, maybe you should shoot the enemies while that ONE person does the reviving'. I don't see how you can disagree with that.

And some people are obviously completely missing what OP said otherwise this quote wouldn't exist 

People aren't disagreeing with that, they're disagreeing with the "Multiple people should never revive one person" idea, and the "I'm never reviving anybody ever again" that the agreeing people are responding with.

People aren't disagreeing with that, they're disagreeing with the "Multiple people should never revive one person" idea, and the "I'm never reviving anybody ever again" that the agreeing people are responding with.

If there are still enemies shooting at you multiple people shouldn't revive the one downed player. It is safer to just let one player revive while the rest of you focus on suppressing the enemy. And at the time of my first post in this thread no body had even said 'I'm never reviving anybody ever again'. The closest post to that was VKhaun's, and that isn't even what they said. So clearly those people were not disagreeing with that last line and if they're disagreeing with the first line, they clearly didn't understand the context that that comment was made in OR they're part of the problem that VKhaun and OP are talking about. 

If people read what OP said, this quote wouldn't exist. Nor would it have been upvoted.

"Hey you! don't revive him! Why? cuz' I don't want you to!"

I'm with you on this. I've had 2 instances of this happening.

I did a pug T4 MD and the host went down and the pod was about to die so I choose the mission over rezzing him and the other 2 players raged on me. It was like 8:15pm so I knew the guy had revives to come back. The host had no problem with me doing so.

The other was on xini. A guy goes down and no one was moving to heal them. I waited for his counter to get to 6-7secs thinking "ok they'll protect the pod while I get this guy" as soon as I jump down to heal EVERYONE else jumps down and they then go down. I got the first guy up and left the other 2 to die.

What I do know is rezz someone once their counter gets to 6-7secs and if someone else starts healing I stop and defend.