Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cache Hate?

Llyssa

None of the loot's of any interest to me, I just want to do the event and be done with it - running the same mission fifteen times in a row while my gear's nerfed isn't the most engaging use of my time playing the game. Then again, that's why I did the event on invite only with friends. In an ideal world, a four person group could have a Loki or something scouting for caches, since four people just aren't needed.

It's cause RNG. The chance of you spending 10 minutes to get something you don't want is higher than getting something you do want. Such as 50 Cryotic ( This is a dreadful amount. You need 2500 alone just to craft Glaxion), T1-2 Keys also appear in 3rd Cache, Fusion Core (You only get one for your efforts. You can get 5 easily from T4 Surv or Def), 1 Argon's Crystal (Definitely not worth all this effort for a single crystal.)

While the stuff only some people want : Forma Blueprint (Some people want this but many others are sitting on a whole bunch of these cause of 24 hour craft time), T3 Keys (Sure why not)

Stuff people want: T4 Keys, 50 Oxium

Yeah...Chance of get something worth it just isn't that worth it to spend the time on. 

Note: I'm only mentioning stuff on the 3rd cache. 

Edited by angelsplight

I, for one, like the caches (and exploring to find them) and think the rewards are awesome. I get plenty of Oxium, Forma and T4 keys that it has always seemed worth it, despite the RNG possibly failing me.

I was actually farming the easy Earth mission over and over (I already finished the event, and Phobos Endurance wasn't that fun. Earth is easier, same cache rewards) simply because it's like two birds with one stone:

I can level up some gear, look for caches, the enemies aren't even tough, usually get plenty of Oxium and T4 keys (instead of getting bored farming Interception over and over solely for those, y'telling me that's a good use of time?), and there's a good chance of getting Forma as well.

So I agree, why hate on caches?

I, for one, like the caches (and exploring to find them) and think the rewards are awesome. I get plenty of Oxium, Forma and T4 keys that it has always seemed worth it, despite the RNG possibly failing me.

I was actually farming the easy Earth mission over and over (I already finished the event, and Phobos Endurance wasn't that fun. Earth is easier, same cache rewards) simply because it's like two birds with one stone:

I can level up some gear, look for caches, the enemies aren't even tough, usually get plenty of Oxium and T4 keys (instead of getting bored farming Interception over and over solely for those, y'telling me that's a good use of time?), and there's a good chance of getting Forma as well.

So I agree, why hate on caches?

Because its entirely RNG. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get the really good stuff, but for most people they mainly get things like T1 Void Keys or Rare Fusion Cores. Its better than nothing, but if you're spending about 30 minutes running around a level and checking every nook and cranny you expect to get something better than a drop from an enemy or 5 waves in a defense/survival mission.

You guys know that you can hunt for the caches on Earth, right?  After  reachnig 15 exposure points just go to Earth and hunt caches easy mode. It makes much more sense than mindlessly grinding in endurance mode for…what?

Also, T4 keys are not worth? Seriusly? RNG? Come on, the RNG is very user-friendly in this event. You have a guaranteed Tower key in the second cache. I got T4 key in at least every second mission on average so the 50% chance is cool. Or do you seriously think its faster/easier to farm T4 keys in interception? I dont. Free T4 keys for me here. 

Also, those who say they dont need 50 cryotic or 50 oxium as a reward, do you think that DE does not plan on adding new stuff which will surely be oxium/cryotic heavy? Have fun farming them then.

Also, good thing about the vent is that if you are not interested in caches hunt – no problem, ignore it. I actually find this event very reasonable regarding grind-reward-fun ratio. I was also glad I could run it solo and not to depend on PUGs and rushers. I also got to know the tileset very well and learned a few parkour tricks. Thanks to the caches hunt. So GG, DE.

Lastly, this event  is also a great example how Void treasure rooms should be working. I dont understand why DE has been neglecting them and been wasting their potential while all it takes is simply upgrading their loot lists.