Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Shield Flux Some Kind Of A Joke?

yarash2110

Honestly it feels like a DE inside joke to me, it's as funny as mods get,

Please don't change it, i love it

If you don't know shield flux is a mod that makes it so that when your stamina runs out it keeps your stamins up by depleting your shields... Yup

Edited by yarash2110

By depleting your shields, not replenishing.

... Unless you're telling me there's a bug right now.

no just my mistake, thanks

They experiment with various mods occasionally. And yes, I think 'Handspring' was a good idea once too. Not worth a mod slot mind you, but a good idea.

Once.

i actually used handspring on infested for quite a while, this mod is just completly useless for everything other then melee only challenges or something

Parry build against enemies with crazy high damage and normal-low health.

Remember Avalanche Offensive, it worked pretty well there although I did not have the resources to properly max everything - and I did not have Shield Flux.

It would have been a great addition, as the Detrons one-shot me with full shield just fine.

Parry build against enemies with crazy high damage and normal-low health.

Remember Avalanche Offensive, it worked pretty well there although I did not have the resources to properly max everything - and I did not have Shield Flux.

It would have been a great addition, as the Detrons one-shot me with full shield just fine.

i still think a normal stamina adding mod wiuld e better for that, but if you get oneshotted it doesn't really matter

...I still don't get it.

Did they change the mod?

C'mon OP, don't leave me hanging.

no they didn't, why?

Oh i edited the replenish/deplete, i'm not an english native speaker

There's a handful of mods which are of the "are you kidding me?" quality. Mods that make you slide longer, mods that decrease stamina cost when wallrunning, mods that make you longer to hack consoles, etc.

DE explains these mods as, "options to use based on what you find difficult in the game. If you find yourself running out of stamina a lot, use the stamina mods. Every mod can be used to boost some kind of playstyle or fix problems with playstyle."
Does that mean anyone's ever going to use Maglev? No.

That said, I have used Shield Flux before, a long time ago, as part of a melee channel build with high health and Rage to take advantage of shields being down. It does have a niche.

Guest Tehnoobshow

There's a handful of mods which are of the "are you kidding me?" quality. Mods that make you slide longer, mods that decrease stamina cost when wallrunning, mods that make you longer to hack consoles, etc.

DE explains these mods as, "options to use based on what you find difficult in the game. If you find yourself running out of stamina a lot, use the stamina mods. Every mod can be used to boost some kind of playstyle or fix problems with playstyle."

Does that mean anyone's ever going to use Maglev? No.

That said, I have used Shield Flux before, a long time ago, as part of a melee channel build with high health and Rage to take advantage of shields being down. It does have a niche.

Maglev makes you copter farther, so it's actually at least on par with Rush.