Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth 2.0?

NikkyNakky

I have been playing the game for a year or 2 now (around update 8) and i noticed how stealth.... is not that good. you can kill 2 enemies out of a group of 3 and so long it is a stealth weapon that killed them the 3rd person will not care. Also stealth, i feel as though it is not a rewarding. For a game that is about space ninjas  So Here is what i think we could do to change this.

We make a update focus on stealth. It could have things like:

-Better stealth mechanic

-More exp for stealth kills 

-More rewards for doing a mission stealth

-more stealth hiding and stealth routes (like the prison mission on Ceres)

-Stealth Prime gear

Ash Prime

Prime cenos (for Good impact bow since we have puncture and slash)

Prime Kunai

Prime sparing weapon

prime Shade

-stealthy warframes have a better stealth boost and heavier tanky warframes have a harder time (not impossible just harder) you can add mods to make foot steps quieter

-The bigger the melee weapon the louder it is (hammer should not be a silent as a dagger.) with this you can add stealth mods for melee weapon.

-Explosives NEED to be noise where as the tile over hears it.(let alone not making any noise at all)

-More places on the map so that you can shoot from range.

-maybe a way to disable corpus tech like moas and ospreys 

-later levels being harder to stealth by them forming into groups of 2,3,4,5 with levels. This makes it harder in the later levels 

-If you miss a shot, the nearest someone will investigate it. 

- The enemies have a alert level were they will be looking for you and not instantly know where you are.

-The more the alarm goes off and on the more suspicious they will be.

But these are some ideas let me know if you have some more i am open to any ideas fellow tenno give.

You see, the problem with stealth in a game where all levels are randomly generated is that it's very random.

There are no enemy patrol routes; the mini-map doesn't track enemies unless you have the right mod, and besides the codex scanner we have no real recon abilities.

To solve this we can make stealth only happen in one tile, rather than spanning it across multiple ones.

Note: This are things we need for a "stealth" mechanic. We don't need these if stealth isn't going to get fleshed out.

We need an awareness system for enemies.
Instead of hearing gunfire and immediately know it's the Tenno skoom, they can do something like this.

hear gunfire / sound

Investigate

If find player = attack + yell

Yell alerts all enemies in a sphere around the enemy

If not find player = semi alert mode

If find dead body = Raise alarm.

ect. ect.

We also need more opportunities for stealth finishers (which should be 1 hit kills, regardless of what DE thinks)

Double stealth kill

Air stealth kill (+double)

Corner kill (all unalerted enemies should get a stealth kill chance if they don't see you, imagine invisibility and getting a stealth kill from the front)

Ledge kill (+double)

And finally we need a recon ability.

Biological X-ray maybe? Tenno don't have eyes, but they must see somehow.

Maybe volt sees electrons from circuitry.
Excalibur can see individual photons.
Banshee can "see" sounds. Maybe she can see grineer heartbeats.
Valkyr is part Corpus, what's to say they haven't installed night/x-ray vision?

Loki sees why kids love cinnamon toast crunch so much. Also what weapon you're using.

Rhino sees... eh, he sees some stuff.

But all of them see where the enemy is. One way or another.

Edited by Lukap99

don't you dare to make my ogris noisy, else is very good, its nice that u didn't talk about cover system, since the devs want us to move all the time and with all the thing you said it can happen

Im sorry but your ogris is going to need to be a little louder since if the dude next to me got blow up with a rocket i think i would hear it.

You... I like you...

MOAR !

Anyway, it has been one year and a half since I've become a space ninja too and I haven't stopped asking for more stealth, again & again & again. We have a megathread for it, we got hints of it with the rescue 2.0, we got spy missions...

>50% of the veteran players are waiting for it! Please D.E., please...

We also need more opportunities for stealth finishers (which should be 1 hit kills, regardless of what DE thinks)

Double stealth kill

Air stealth kill (+double)

Corner kill (all unalerted enemies should get a stealth kill chance if they don't see you, imagine invisibility and getting a stealth kill from the front)

Ledge kill (+double)

This isn't Assassins Creed. If you want all of that then go play AC

+1 to OP

If nothing else I just want a reason to use banshee's other skills....

DE Just make it so that if you alert a guard in any rescue mission you insta fail or you have like 15 seconds before they kill the hostage - put a few more decent rewards in the rescue mission "et voila", you have a new userbase emerging who don't like rushing/more tactical playstyle.

Yes loki's etc, but even they can't get it right 100% of the time and it would be a nice way to create diversity in the playerbase and the missions.

With "Space ninja's" being the marketing hype you'd have though stealth would've been a major consideration rather than just a numbers game for damage.

Or we could all just keep asking nicely and have our own game improved, I find AC too slow to be honest, but give me the opportunity to do a cool finisher from above in WF and i'd be happy - or anything more constructive than what Insidiatoii has to offer...

I'm 100% sure AC didn't invent this, and even if it was the case, stealth killing 2 guys is sooo useful that it would be a real "quality of life" improvement :

just imagine all the possibilities man!...

I'd agree, Stealth could use a very big overhaul.

Another element that doesn't make sense is how the camera can see you, but not raise an alert on it's own. In fact, if you distroy the camera, nobody comes to check that out. It should at least attract the attention of nearby troops. 

Likewise, any troop that sees a dead body should at least be minorly alerted. Dead bodies in the view of enemies should have just as big an impact as a gunshot. 

Hmm, that seems like a simply enough thing to ask for. I think I'll make my reply into it's own post.... 

The only worry that I have about stealth is getting through defense missions. Somehow I don't think that'd work too well. However, survival could be hella fun. Imagine running solo, waves of enemies searching for you as you silently creep amongst the shadows throughout the map.

Overall I agree, stealth should be better.

I'd agree, Stealth could use a very big overhaul.

Another element that doesn't make sense is how the camera can see you, but not raise an alert on it's own. In fact, if you distroy the camera, nobody comes to check that out. It should at least attract the attention of nearby troops. 

Likewise, any troop that sees a dead body should at least be minorly alerted. Dead bodies in the view of enemies should have just as big an impact as a gunshot. 

Hmm, that seems like a simply enough thing to ask for. I think I'll make my reply into it's own post.... 

Very interesting idea for cameras!

You know, dead bodies semi-alert state was a thing back then. Why did they remove that?!...

Or we could all just keep asking nicely and have our own game improved, I find AC too slow to be honest, but give me the opportunity to do a cool finisher from above in WF and i'd be happy - or anything more constructive than what Insidiatoii has to offer...

Wouldn't that be a jump attack?