Proposed Changes To Various Drops

SatouJin

Apologies in advance if alot of this seems like a rant but this has become an increasingly frustrating subject matter for me as months pass by with no real improvement on age old problems.

First: remove common stage drops from Boss drop tables. no more 10 runs on Ruk or Alad V resulting in the same amount of salvage or alloy plate or nano spores that you can get from their grunt mobs or containers. the samples (fieldron, detonite, mutagen) should probably still remain but make the orokin cell, neural sensor, or neurodes the only other thing it needs to compete with.

Second: like has constantly been discussed and constantly ignored - get frame ability mods out of the drop tables. if the 'very good reason' it isn't being done is that players can just purchase rare ability mods from the market and use them for transmutation, then just make those cost a ton of credits or even some platinum. either way, move them to the market already. I don't need to be able to say i have 3000 Pull mods. that's not a good thing, and there are probably people that have even more.

Third: this might be a little iffy. remove mods from defense, survival, and interception drop tables. some of them that are otherwise unobtainable (natural talent) would need to be placed elsewhere and depending on where, might not help the situation. but this would help keep the rewards more leaning toward keys or fusion cores (yes i think those should stay since they're at least more useful than provoked or reflection mods and i actually am fond of the 5 pack rare cores.)

Fourth: and i'm not even sure i want to get into this since it's a massive problem all it's own. the void drop tables. now glossing over the much sought after token system since it seems DE is never going to be convinced to give it even a passing interest, the addition of T4 was fine until they decided to move a bunch of older prime parts into it. seriously, things like fang prime handles and dakra prime parts were doing just fine diluting their own void tables without having to greedily encroach on the brand new ones. personally for me the worst one is the Paris Prime. it has 5 parts (4 and the BP) and they made each one obtainable in 2 different places? that's 10 diffent table it's helping torture people in. now the thought that 'oh well we don't want it to only be obtainable in one place cause if you can't seem to get the key for it, you'll never have it' might be understandable but given the amount of prime gear available now this has quickly gotten out of hand. the saddest thing for me was when the answer became 'we'll just make them tradable!' right so now the original problem of farming them is solved. great.

But i'll go ahead and stop there. i think some of these things might be useful and worth at least considering.

I agree with removing power mods from drop tables. And the useless void mods. Along with the old prime parts.

Yes 

No (Ton of glaive mods are from there)

BIG NO.

Old prime parts ?

What about people who have yet to play warframe ?

If old Prime parts are to be axed, I demand the Boltor Prime parts be the first to go.

Edited by fatpig84

Yes 

No (Ton of glaive mods are from there)

BIG NO.

Old prime parts ?

What about people who have yet to play warframe ?

If old Prime parts are to be axed, I demand the Boltor Prime parts be the first to go.

not axed. they remain in their original table. what i mean is when T4 came out, they duplicated many parts and placed them in the new void so it was immediately flooded. the problem i had with it was the rather than adding a new prime part to the new void when it came out, they just made many parts that were already available in T1-3, available in T4 also rendering the new table pointless as far as thinning out drops goes. i can already see the same thing happening when or if they release a T5.

Agree with everything, also Void keys should be removed from Void mission reward table for all time. Or give us something similar to transmutation for Void keys so I have some way to get rid of AND get some use out of several hundreds of T1 and T2 keys just sitting there. I'm pretty sure the new Nyx Prime will move around the drops in the Void but there is absolutely no chance that I could run all 300 T2 defense and survivals. 

Agree with everything, also Void keys should be removed from Void mission reward table for all time. Or give us something similar to transmutation for Void keys so I have some way to get rid of AND get some use out of several hundreds of T1 and T2 keys just sitting there. I'm pretty sure the new Nyx Prime will move around the drops in the Void but there is absolutely no chance that I could run all 300 T2 defense and survivals. 

that's a pretty good point too. why are void keys dropped in the void anyway? if they're consumed upon entering with it, then does this mean that someone went in carrying a bunch of extra ones or something? considering how valuable the enemy finds them, would they really risk losing the extra ones upon a failed expedition? seriously though, nearly every T1 capture i've ever run just gives a T2 capture key.

absolutely all for some way to exchange lower tier keys for higher ones.

Edited by SatouJin