Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huras Kubrow Vs. Shade

Acanthaceae

Question

I'm finding that my Huras will not attack when in stealth, but once I attack something, she will, and keep on attacking until there are either no more targets or she activates stealth again.

My Shade, however, does break stealth to attack targets.  I thought that the way around this was to equip the Revenge mod in the last slot, but it still happens.

Is there a way to get Shade to act like a Huras kubrow?

11 answers to this question

Don't equip Revenge. 

The only good precepts for Shade are Ghost, Guardian and Regen. 

When and if they will fix Ghost (allowing the player and the Sentinel to attack with silenced weapons during stealth, for example), you could use Revenge. Untill that day, just don't. 

My shade never breaks stealth to attack unless I get out of range (which takes the invisibility out), or if I attack myself. What I think I noticed is that Huras Kubrow's range for invis. seems much larger, meaning that you're less likely to break out of stealth. That might be the reason why.

Then again, I haven't used Shade and looked closely in a while. It might be a bug or a change I'm unaware of.

Edited by Casardis

Like Latronico said, don't use revenge, unless you really want a companion that can go on the offensive. Of course, if that's what you're looking for you're better off with the kubrow anyway. The point of revenge is to attack enemies who have attacked the master (you), so even if it's a stray bullet shade will still break invis and attack.

The huras is much better anyway. No line of sight needed for cloaking (like shade) only within a proximity. The kubrow will use invisibility more extensively than shade. And you can use powers while cloaked with the kubrow(pretty sure using a power with shade breaks invis).

The huras is much better anyway. No line of sight needed for cloaking (like shade) only within a proximity. The kubrow will use invisibility more extensively than shade. And you can use powers while cloaked with the kubrow(pretty sure using a power with shade breaks invis).

Using powers will not break invisibility

If you don't equip Revenge, will he:

1.  Not attack at all

2.  Attack everything

?

attack nothing his only use would be stealth (ghost) Taking away Revenge for the Shade is like taking away a Warriors Sword or Bow, nothing to attack with.

I have to say though I got the shade after I got my Huras Kubrow, glad i got the mastery points ... but Kubrow I believe is better then the Shade in every way, yes hes bigger and will probably get attacked more but the stealth actually lasting longer and being more effective is a nicer aspect for me + I play a Trinity so xD things hitting my Kubrow really isn't much of a issue when I can just heal him. 

Shade is more controllable in that sense is if you don't equip revenge, he gets no aggro at all, making it very durable.

Huras will still attack and being a bigger target means he will take more hits.

On the other hand, kubrows can have 3 - 4 times the shields and HP, can be revived if downed, and have a simple no-cost mechanism for healing during combat. Soooo...

I don't think I've ever had a mission where I outright lost my kubrow in the same way that sentinels get one-shotted by random AOE or death beams.

I have gotten my Huras to somehow attack while cloacked, a funny thing is that attacking while cloaked the Huras will draw aggro but receive no damage.

If Huras was already attacking while activating the cloak, he can continue to attack while cloaked. I'm sure this is a bug.