Selected Gender Warframes

Insidiatorii

This thread again. No, DE has said that they will never add the option for say Ember to be male and Frost be female. They said that they may explore the idea of a male and female warframe sharing a theme, but they will not add the option to switch what a gender a warframe is. 

This thread again. No, DE has said that they will never add the option for say Ember to be male and Frost be female. They said that they may explore the idea of a male and female warframe sharing a theme, but they will not add the option to switch what a gender a warframe is. 

That!

I don't care for this feature, but I am always confused by what a warframe is. Is a warframe an armor donned by something that changes gender based on which one is equipped?

It's just we craft warframe parts and it's calleda "Frame". An external thing. My roomies like watching me play and the first thing they asked me was "What's a warframe?".

I explained it is a combat suit with different abilities. But clearly it's not just a suit. Are we building an entire organism when we build a warframe? Does this mean I have an army of warframes now as I've bought plat to keep each one (with the exception of unprimed versions after I acquire the primes).

How many times must people explain that this would take time away from.... *Inhales*

Concept artists, modellers, animators, programers, designers, and then only be taking up money meant for more important things?

Seriously, this idea has been said no to since closed Beta...

I don't care for this feature, but I am always confused by what a warframe is. Is a warframe an armor donned by something that changes gender based on which one is equipped?

It's just we craft warframe parts and it's calleda "Frame". An external thing. My roomies like watching me play and the first thing they asked me was "What's a warframe?".

I explained it is a combat suit with different abilities. But clearly it's not just a suit. Are we building an entire organism when we build a warframe? Does this mean I have an army of warframes now as I've bought plat to keep each one (with the exception of unprimed versions after I acquire the primes).

Nobody knows. It's a subject of much debate here on the forums. There are essentially two schools of thought: each warframe has its own tenno in it, or your tenno can hop from warframe to warframe. Both are equally likely.

In my opinion, the first one is the correct one. I think that building and switching frames is a gameplay mechanic like respawning bosses, and that I'm controlling a different tenno depending on which frame I'm using.

As for what the warframes physically are, they're combat suits made from Technocyte. At least, that's what the Protosuit was in Dark Sector, which is (probably) canon.

Whoa why the mass rage?
I think theres nothing wrong bringing this up no matter how many times DE would have dropped a tombstone on it

I like the Idea of choosing my frames gender too maybe with a small change to male/female name counterparts
also you could take this to the next level and give them different stats but yes yes I know thats a completely new hassle to tackle with

now even though DE has said they are not gonna give you the option to gender swap
this is still a frequently asked feature and I dont think theres nothing wrong with that

who knows there just might be a time when DE has more resources and time to give this Idea a second look

Whoa why the mass rage?

I think theres nothing wrong bringing this up no matter how many times DE would have dropped a tombstone on it

Yes there is, this gets brought up at least once per week. It gets seriously tedious after a while (and I've been hanging out here for nearly a year). This should just go into a FAQ (if it isn't already) and these threads should just get pruned by mods.

What I write, not all are probably like it, but this is my idea. 

Teno which the game is played are not the first generation, more like the last generation. 

Teno could possess ability that  they are not trapped in a one  shell (Frame), that  can be compared to the transfer of the soul, or AI, where the look of Frame is determined by the creator or archetype.

The only way I would endorse gender-swapping would be if you had a Janus warframe that allowed you to swap between warframes. One male with massively powerful build, to make Rhino like a weakling, with high armor, health and shields, but slow as a snail, and one female, fast, with improved stamina and enhanced wall-running abilities. Or the other way round.

Otherwise, keep the genders as they are. It has been lored that the Tenno are the energy inside the warframes, so you can put your phobias at rest.

Edited by Eudamon