Pc/ps4/xbox One Cross Play?

(PSN)Gamefreak_09

Question

12 answers to this question

sony and microsoft don't like to allow this kind of thing. 

it removes their ability to control their customers and impinges on the "silo" that is their respective systems.

they can give all kinds of crap reasons why they won't do it. but that's what it boils down to.

there is absolutely no technical reason why this can't happen, but i can guarantee that you won't see cross play between all three. ever.

they can blame it on the certification process and development cycle speed, and there may be some truth to that. but i can also say with absolute certainty that if they wanted cross play, it would happen. (so take that however you will)

sony and microsoft don't like to allow this kind of thing. 

it removes their ability to control their customers and impinges on the "silo" that is their respective systems.

they can give all kinds of crap reasons why they won't do it. but that's what it boils down to.

there is absolutely no technical reason why this can't happen, but i can guarantee that you won't see cross play between all three. ever.

they can blame it on the certification process and development cycle speed, and there may be some truth to that. but i can also say with absolute certainty that if they wanted cross play, it would happen. (so take that however you will)

This. Just, all of this. The only time I've ever seen cross play is if it's systems that belong to the same company, such as PS3/PS4/PSVita Cross play, but never anything amongst the lines of Xbox/Playstation cross plays.

So sorry to burst your bubble, but because of this cross play just won't happen for this reason

i am trying to play with my bro with xbox and my pc but i am guessing thats not happening is it..

nope. currently you can only play with others that are on the same system.

pc -> pc

ps4 -> ps4

xbox -> xbox

there is absolutely no crossover currently.

This. Just, all of this. The only time I've ever seen cross play is if it's systems that belong to the same company, such as PS3/PS4/PSVita Cross play, but never anything amongst the lines of Xbox/Playstation cross plays.

So sorry to burst your bubble, but because of this cross play just won't happen for this reason

Final fantasy XIV does cross-platform play.