Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Vs Sobek Vs Tigris

hijinks_the_turtle

Question

Which one is best in terms of fun (subjective but I want ur opinions), usefulness, and style.  I've already have Drakgoon and Phage, though I'd say these shotties also look pretty rad to have in my collection.  Though, I have limited space and would like to reserve that for my Lex Prime that I'm building, Buzlok, Lanka, and Sybaris/Quanta (which ever one I decide to build next... <~<)

11 answers to this question

I personally liked the Sobek the most out of all three. In a previous thread, this person summed it up fairly well:

I'd have to side with the one person to suggest Sobek. After I used the Sobek, only the Boar Prime could contest with it over my choices of top shotguns (and I've tried all aside from Strun Wraith and Tigris). Having 32 freaking ammo per magazine (with max ammo stock), great fire rate and low spread makes it very efficient in fighting crowds (coz it still DOES have a spread) and mid-range sniping. Max Ammo Stock paired with max Tactical Pump, Blaze, Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, and Elementals has made Sobek a very very fulfilling weapon. Also, it's an automatic shotgun. The ability to switch between burst-fire and full-auto is a big plus for me.

The Sobek has a decent base damage, grounded in Impact, which is lower than the Hek, sure, but the ability to auto-fire makes it a very versatile and user-friendly weapon. The reload isn't fun, but the large magazine kinda makes up for it, especially if you deal enough damage to end an encounter without having to reload, which is surprisingly common even in high-level Corpus missions. The base damage also holds its own against Grineer and Infested, and the spread makes it great at taking out crowds, especially with Seeking Force if you have that one. Overall, I had a great experience with the Sobek tackling the solar map and early void missions. It was especially useful when rushing, since it had a large enough magazine that I could usually go without reloading when running Deception/Capture/Sabotage alerts with PUGs.

As for the Hek, I found it to have a slightly higher damage per shot, sure, but it wasn't able to go fully automatic, and even if it were, the 4-shell magazine was restrictive to say the least. Misses were very heavily punished, and the tight spread made this even more pronounced when trying to deal with crowds without the Vicious Spread mod. The lowered reload speed doesn't actually feel like it helps more than the Sobek, either. 2.2 seconds is still 2.2 seconds after 4 shells, which wasn't a plus in my experience. One thing it was awesome at, though, was taking out heavies. It was the perfect weapon to use on Bombards, Gunners and Ancients, and the status chance + elemental dual stat mods made it great for one-shotting those slow-moving heavier mobs well into the farther reaches of the solar map (without a potato!). However, I would still recommend the Sobek over the Hek simply for its ease of use and comparable damage output.

Haven't tried out the Tigris yet.

I personally Love the Hek formaed the sucker 5 times. Puts out a lot of dmg, tight spread and very quick reload as far as shotties go however it only has 4 in the mag but i never found that to be an issue, Also it just SOUNDS great. The main reason I love it is cause it just sound so powerful. I also like the Sobek too. Large drum but very long reload. It doesn't feel as satisfying as the hek too me though.

Hate to burst your bubble but the Tigris is a rifle and not a shotti i know right WTF

But it is a really good weapon with just a few flaws it has Highe damge/Status it has pinpoint accuracy even with heavy cal what lets it down is it is really bad for running and gunning due to semi auto nature and only having a 5round clip also it takes like 5forma(6with maxed sera and heavy cal) for it to shine.

Ahem also i have just realised im talking about the sybaris and not tigris.... letting this Post remain as testement to not posting at 6am before you have woken up sorry XD

Edited by (PS4)Azurewraith1

The Tigris was only good back when it was rapid fire for Specters. The Hek is cool looking, but until DE gives me the one the G3 use, I refuse to touch it. The Sobek is fun and feels pretty good, but it takes forever to reload with my builds. I don't have the Boar Prime yet since I can't be arsed to get it so I don't know about CaptainJohnson's comparison (and I'm not about to build my reg. Boar).

Hate to burst your bubble but the Tigris is a rifle and not a shotti i know right WTF

-snip-

No, it's a shotgun. It uses the shotgun mods, too, so I'm not sure what you're thinking of. You might be mistaking it for another weapon, or... I dunno. It's strange because it seems like you've put a lot of thought into it?

Tigris is nice looking but awful to use, there are rifles, or even sniper rifles that fulfil the same basic function, but better. Double Barrel shotguns are not special ops weapons for a reason.

Sobek looks nice and is fun, but doesn't have staying power once you get higher level enemies. Boar Prime is a better version, if you can get it.

Hek was good in the day, but hasn't really kept up. And it's always looked like 4 super soakers hot glued together, with a random CO2 Cartridge sticking out one side for effect. It's like DE made a weapon that already looks like cheap cosplay of another weapon they saw somewhere. 

+1 for Sobek.

Screw the reload. I actually use the corrupted mag mod on it AND the regular mag mod, ends up with a 44 round drum on it. You only even carry 120 shells at a time LOL. I basically never have to reload. I go through a fight or two, then reload while I'm running down a hallway or waiting for a next wave.

It's stats won't carry it too far, especially dropping two mods for mag size, but it's fun to stomp around the star chart's non-endless mission with. Was my go-to anti-Corpus gun for a while.