To Mirage Hom Abusers:

Kthal

Don't.

I was just in a mission, Assasination on Phorid, waiting at extraction.

Mirage with Hall of Mirrors starts spamming Quanta alt-fire.

Computer crashes. Not game, computer. Screen goes black, 30 seconds later "Windows has had an unexpected shutdown..."

I am not using a low-end rig, and if it is possible for a player to do this, Hall of Mirrors either needs heavy fixing or complete removal, especially because it was functioning as intended, with no bug meaning multiple instances or 12x multishot on the clones.

Hardware and software-wise, there is no reason for the crash other than WF.

I am running Windows7, so W8 can't be at fault this time.

Edited by Kthal

I'd love it if the mirror clones were almost invisible/visible only to Mirage herself in the first place. 

Agree with OP though, sometimes Mirage is a tad bit too much to handle on my mid-high end hardware.. I don't want to know what it's like playing with one on an old PC. 

Don't.

Computer crashes. Not game, computer. Screen goes black, 30 seconds later "Windows has had an unexpected shutdown..."

I am not using a low-end rig, and if it is possible for a player to do this, Hall of Mirrors either needs heavy fixing or complete removal, especially because it was functioning as intended, with no bug meaning multiple instances or 12x multishot on the clones.

Sounds like it's your computer, wouldn't everyone's be crashing otherwise?

Sounds like it's your computer, wouldn't everyone's be crashing otherwise?

Actually, there's reports that have come in on the wiki and other forums mentioning this. People are trying to figure out what is causing these crashes specifically, but because data mining isn't allowed, we basically have to pray that [un]godly devs of DE decide to take notice and do something about it.

Additionally, from what I took from the reports, it's not a graphical glitch/problem, it's a logic problem. Something about having to process HoM's...Anything causes a problem in the engine that makes any CPU go 'i KAN NAWT DUU DIS, DIS IS INSANE!!!!1!!'.

In the Layman; It doesn't have to do with how beefy your rig is, it has to do with bad coding between the engine and HoM's coding. 

i have noticed that warframe spontaneously crashes my rig as well......... so i'm not the only one? sometimes it crashes just from ya know.... going melee happy with my zorens or bo prime. othertimes it crashes from having a mirage with HoM shooting me in the face with a  TB attica on purpose....... but this game has made my pc crash and BSoD several times....... it isn't even 2 years old yet.........

Don't.

And what would they do with hall of mirrors? Make it useless?

It doesn't distract enemies (removing aggro) noticeably, and it barely does any extra damage.

Also, are you on WIN 8.1?

You can't really stop meta players from doing meta things. I.e; HoM launcher spam.

I really like Mirage, although (Besides the Angstrum) I've never owned a proper launcher in my Warframe life.

Unless you count the Torid.

I don't.

It's a fart gun!

Edited by Reliant213

I think it was said by DEGlen that it is impossible for Warframe to crash to anything beyond desktop, even if he tried.

Yep:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/307064-there-is-a-serious-issue-with-the-listet-and-it-need-to-be-addressed-asap/?p=3479209

Obviously he is wrong as I (and multiple other people) have had their entire computer hang due to a Warframe bug. Turning off some newly introduced graphical features fixed it for me (downgrade AA to the old value most notably). Then there's the NVidia driver crashes occuring due to something WF does (which is liable to take down the entire PC as well).

These are all Warframe specific issues, as neither me, nor most of the other reporters could reproduce them with other, often much more demanding, games.

TL;DR DE Glen is wrong. New graphical features are buggy (and/or trigger bugs in the newest graphics drivers) and liable to take the entire system down if they misbehave.

Edited by marelooke

So that's why people get disconnected unexpectedly when i'm using mirage. 

LOL :O

By the way, i've used mirage with Phage and never crashed... 

EDIT: Yup tested with quanta, no crashes, only a bit lag and i have a weak pc >_<

Edited by Just4Games

Yeah, I should probably note that none of the crash/hang issues I've had were caused by Mirage (it happened when there was none present).

I haven't had Mirage specific trouble since they fixed some of the more pertinent performance issues that occurred when she was first released, as such I'm thinking that either Mirage is getting blamed for regular bugs in the game's engine or the people that have trouble with her are using a really underpowered PC (my nearly 5 year old desktop has little trouble running Warframe smoothly with most graphics options turned on)

Also, using an ability the way it was intended to be used is hardly "abusing".

I think it was said by DEGlen that it is impossible for Warframe to crash to anything beyond desktop, even if he tried.

Yep:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/307064-there-is-a-serious-issue-with-the-listet-and-it-need-to-be-addressed-asap/?p=3479209

And?...........Where's the punchline?

These are the guys that continually tell us one thing, then turn around and tell us another after we find out the first thing isn't true. To this day, they don't have their own S#&amp;&#036; in order in terms of bugs and major crashes; How would any of them know if their crappy code is causing whole computers to crash if they can't even understand their own code to begin with? He can say 'it won't crash your computer' all he wants and sit in his let's pretend box, it doesn't change facts; Warframe can bluescreen of death your computer. And they have a vested interest that people don't know about it, making it a very big conflict of interest. 

Obviously he is wrong as I (and multiple other people) have had their entire computer hang due to a Warframe bug. Turning off some newly introduced graphical features fixed it for me (downgrade AA to the old value most notably). Then there's the NVidia driver crashes occuring due to something WF does (which is liable to take down the entire PC as well).

These are all Warframe specific issues, as neither me, nor most of the other reporters could reproduce them with other, often much more demanding, games.

TL;DR DE Glen is wrong. New graphical features are buggy (and/or trigger bugs in the newest graphics drivers) and liable to take the entire system down if they misbehave.

Quick question, maybe you should answer it, maybe you shouldn't, can we get some PC specs here? What operating system, etc.

I have used Mirage with Quanta alt-fire in the past, none of the people I played with crashed.
I can see why would such a thing happen, but I would make sure that it's not something on the computer's end first.
Unfortunately, since I only use that combo every once in a while, I can't really tell you which is could be the problem.

When I say spamming in OP, I mean she spawned about 30 cubes (not including multishot), then detonated them in a single chain while I was host.

I think my graphics card is a Nvidia G760 (on a different computer atm) and had recently updated to version ??4 (the most recent), and I run the game with everything at maximum, except motion blur disabled.