Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Realised Something About Wf's Economy.

ROXXXY

@OP

You've posted a large number of threads, all of which are pretty much irrelevant to anyone who knows anything about the game, even the tiniest bit.

This game is not P2W, no one forced you to delete anything.

Learn to earn platinum or actually pay for a game you find fun instead of just leeching on it and then crying on forums.

Fun-fact: I can earn 100 - 200 platinum in a single day by trading via my mega-mart. Put in the effort, you'll reap the reward.

When I got this game I thought is was p2w, then I realised I could get every resource with spying and I was like hell yea. The I ran out of freaking inventory slots , and it said PAY 12 PLATINUM , and I was like O_o . This game made me delete my potato'd lex :( . Who agrees this game is P2W when it comes to inventory slots.

A F2P game doesnt have to give you everything at once. Farm mods you can sell for plat. There is no need to give you everything for free

Try playing some Korean MMORPG brought to North America before saying that word.

fix'd. The Korean MMORPG economies are worse in North America than it is in Korea. $100 just for one endgame weapon because the in game currency became THAT devalued in North America

Guys,I have to say that there are some things that seem plain unnecessary. Like why would I want to pay to change my name? and for over 10$, No less? I can do the same thing just as easily for free in many other games. And changing my clan emblem and/or name also shouldn't be so expensive.

What is up with this forum and KMMOs?

The only ones that are heavily like that are the generic classic style MMOs that are only played by people who can be entertained by pressing 1-8 in cycle on a target or group of targets that hits him/her till something dies

There are many many better KMMOs out there, some of the best in the world, that are far from this

If it had both i'd be happy.

The model as it is now and an option to sub with a few perks.

Problem with perks would be what would be fair to have that doesn't make people think that it's going to be needed to get a good footing in the game.   A good example of bad perks would be VVIP in Vindictus, it gives you 100%xp extra drops, free revives, and extra daily raids.  So peeps who have to wait a day to get that rare item are left behind by those who can do the raids twice a day for a better chance at getting the rewards.   With Warframe the only perks I see being viable and fair without putting them too ahead would be half the time on extractors, a shorter mastery wait time and maybe a 10% increase in drops and credits.  anything else might be a bit too P2W.

At the moment Warframe is one of the few "true" free to play games out there.

Most other f2p titles rely so heavily on microtransactions that you are more or less forced to spend money and there are countless things in the games which are impossible to obtain without microtransactions. 

Warframe is a lot better in that aspect, it even made the "premium" stuff easily accessible for every free player which you barely ever see in any f2p game out here. Here you can get any prime variant of weapons or warframes by selling some prime parts you end up earning in the Orokin void and then using the plat received that way to get the weapon/mod you want.

The only things till now that strictly require microtransactions are:

1) Excalibur Prime (well, you can't get that one now at all)

2) Wyrm Prime accessoires 

The only other "true" free to play game I know is Hawken which has similarly low emphasis on microtransactions

Guys,I have to say that there are some things that seem plain unnecessary. Like why would I want to pay to change my name? and for over 10$, No less? I can do the same thing just as easily for free in many other games. And changing my clan emblem and/or name also shouldn't be so expensive.

Yeah, that's the thing that I don't quite understand either; I mean about changing name. Maybe it intend to prevent too many changing name at any once time or too many times... for convenient and instead of contact the support to get name change for free...? because it links to everything from the game to forum and real account with money involve?... idk. I don't see many online games like wf allow you to change real account easily. Another layer of in-game fictitious name is another story.  

Try playing some Korean MMORPG before saying that word.

LOL. You really go there!! 

What is up with this forum and KMMOs?

The only ones that are heavily like that are the generic classic style MMOs that are only played by people who can be entertained by pressing 1-8 in cycle on a target or group of targets that hits him/her till something dies

There are many many better KMMOs out there, some of the best in the world, that are far from this

Maybe it's bias, but I have yet played a good K game. It seems that many games from asia have contents that to the majority of us in the west would see them as going beyond the normal or acceptable models of f2p and p2p. Some of their game f2p models, to me, appear to be convoluted at best. Maybe it just those companies have been profiting well with their models in the development countries and now try to grab more players in the west. Actually, some of us may have already been "a whale" to some of their games, too.

When I got this game I thought is was p2w, then I realised I could get every resource with spying and I was like hell yea. The I ran out of freaking inventory slots , and it said PAY 12 PLATINUM , and I was like O_o . This game made me delete my potato'd lex :( . Who agrees this game is P2W when it comes to inventory slots.

read up on stuff before you post,you can trade for plat besides DE deserves some credit for making a great game.

$5 can buy you plenty of inventory slots to last you a good long while. Or you can just start trading. 

People who expect to get everything for free are part of what's wrong with todays F2P industry. In Warframe, you get to play for free, you can access every non-exclusive weapon and warframe for free, and you can get slots for free by getting into the trading scene, or by using your starter plat to stock up on them, like I did. 

A healthy F2P game allows people to have fun without paying money, but if DE just gave away EVERYTHING for free, they would be broke. Surely, you must understand this. Businesses live off of money. It is their blood. And just like blood, it has to circulate in order to keep the body alive. In this case, the body is the entire F2P industry. If one body part(a particular company within this industry) is deprived of circulation, it dies. So what do you think would happen if DE just gave everything away for free?

People who expect to get everything for free with minimal effort are the equivallent of a cancer within the body. And P2W games are the equivallent of a carcinogen. The total numbers of both parties has been increasing, with more F2P games becoming P2W and more people fleeing from these games with a negative attitude after being exposed to those business practices. These people start flinging blame around, even towards companies that don't deserve it. DE's practicies are not perfect, if they were we wouldn't have a stasis recovery delay on kubrows. But I can say for certain that Warframe is NOT P2W. Everyone who says it is is either uneducated in the ways of the F2P business model or is simply negative towards all F2P games. 

In addition, I don't think you quite understand what the term "pay to win" really means. It means that a game(or the company behind it) clearly plays favorites with its customers, giving significant benefits only to the customers who shill out lots of money. Thus giving paying players a clear unfair advantage. But there's just a couple problems with calling Warframe P2W. 

1) It's 95% co-op. Having strong and capable teammates is a good thing in most situations.

2) You can't buy your way to victory in Warframe. Sure, you can buy a booster, but you still have to play the game to level up. You might have enough plat to buy a Dragon Nikana, but you still have to work up to mastery rank 8 before it becomes available to you. 

I don't think you are the sort to be negative towards all F2P games, so I wrote this post to try to help you understand. Hopefully my message has not been misinterpreted. 

Wow, I need to start putting this kind of energy into my classes. 

Edited by Plasmaface

You put a potato on a normal lex?

This seems more like a troll thread now. Just saying.

More likely so. OP stated Lex Prime in his post which maybe an indication he knows wf enough and is not one of those too ignorant a player. Still fun to discuss around the topic and maybe tapping OP around a bit. LOL

Edited by ndantony