Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bow] Noticed Critical Chances Seems Like Halved On Uncharged Attacks?

Aekzo

Edit: It's acutally not a bug but an actual stat - critical chances (%) are halved when firing an uncharged bow. Thanks for info's! I'm playing since a month only so I didn't have enough experience and thought it was a bug introduced in the last hotfixes - but was just a coincidence of fact. :-)

Since the last bunch of hotfixes I seem to critical hit much less often with uncharged Dread attacks (25% of the time, and I still red-crit' 25% of the time normally, so i guess normal critical attacks are halved without taking red-crit's into account), had no trouble before. Noticed the issue more or less since Operation Hotfix Gate Crash.

78rFpJq.png

Doing non-crit'd attack of 1791 here

Setup: http://i.imgur.com/wI9n0Y1.png 125%

Still do red-crit's: http://i.imgur.com/18mFggi.png 69k

Or do I'm missing something? Pretty annoying as it's lowering my damages by quite a bit - DPS wise too as I have to charge all my attacks from now on.

Edited by Aekzo

Clearly a bug if its true that you dont always crit on uncharged shots with 125% crit chance. Either a weapon damage bug or a UI bug which should in some way show the differences between normal / charged shots ( e.g. which damage is shown in the bow ui - normal attacks or charged attacks ? ).

Edited by AdFinitum

you do know that charged attacks do more dps?

also where is your split chamber?

and take that hammer shot out for a bane mod or the new slash mod

Yes,

I'm ranking it up at the moment, got it yesterday (I play since a month or so),

I'm 9/15 yet, I take my time with a friend to do the event and also search for all 3 caches each time.

I'll say this is intended.

Can you explain?

i find it weird that you are using an uncharged bow...

Sometimes damages are more than enough so it clear enemies faster, I'm charging them most of the time but uncharged fast shots can be useful in some cases.

Damage is lower when not charged, you shouldn't be firing a bow when it isn't charged anyway.

I know but as stated above, uncharged fast firing can be useful in some cases.

I honestly don't know what you're saying, uncharged shot has halved crit chance since bow reworks. Even with 125% crit chance, you'll only have 62,5% chance.

That might explain it, maybe because before I was always firing charged shots so I didn't notice the non-crit'd attacks. In other words I would be a coincidence I started to do fast uncharged attacks at the same time as the updates. In which update they got reworked - so I can check the changelogs?

Clearly a bug if its true that you dont always crit on uncharged shots with 125% crit chance. Either a weapon damage bug or a UI bug which should in some way show the differences between normal / charged shots ( e.g. which damage is shown in the bow ui - normal attacks or charged attacks ? ).

It's not UI bug as low level targets don't get killed (normally do 20k+ on normal crit's).

Edited by Aekzo

Its intended bows deal damage depending on charge with min being 25% of total damage. Also using a fast fire bow is a bad idea as you're spending more ammo than needed. On full charge arrows gain innate punch-through along with Max damage. A great bow build is

Serration, split-chamber, vital sense, point strike, element 1+2, and depending on want. Hammer shot and a second element or speed trigger and fast hands.

Its intended bows deal damage depending on charge with min being 25% of total damage. Also using a fast fire bow is a bad idea as you're spending more ammo than needed. On full charge arrows gain innate punch-through along with Max damage. A great bow build is

Serration, split-chamber, vital sense, point strike, element 1+2, and depending on want. Hammer shot and a second element or speed trigger and fast hands.

Fast Hands isn't really worth it ever while Speed Trigger should be in every build.

I would suggest using: Serration, Splitchamber, Vital sense, Point strike, Hammershot, Speedtriger and 2 elemental mods (the 90% ones)

that 777 posts

and as i said in my post, hammer shot should be replaced with a bane mod or the new slash mod

hammer shot gives around a 27% increase in dmg while the other 2 mods give 30%+

Since the last bunch of hotfixes I seems to critical hit much less often with uncharged Dread attacks (25% of the time, and I still red-crit' 25% of the time normally, so i guess normal critical attacks are halved without taking red-crit's into account),

Tried my Dread and it seems to be functioning normally.

Shooting your bow without pulling back the arrow all the way gives you half damage and half crit chance.  The rated stats you see in the armory are only for full draw.

Can you explain?

Its intended bows deal damage depending on charge with min being 25% of total damage. Also using a fast fire bow is a bad idea as you're spending more ammo than needed. On full charge arrows gain innate punch-through along with Max damage

Someone else already did.

And for all those people suggesting a build. What's the point of a Split Chamber when you're already dealing +27k yellow crits? Another elemental would be better or, as suggested, the new Slash mod, yes it will not affect the elementals but buff the (already high) base slash damage of Dread.

Someone else already did.

And for all those people suggesting a build. What's the point of a Split Chamber when you're already dealing +27k yellow crits? Another elemental would be better or, as suggested, the new Slash mod, yes it will not affect the elementals but buff the (already high) base slash damage of Dread.

I myself use it due to being in high enough tower runs that first arrow won't kill anything and having a free second shot that deals a final blow always helps.   It pretty much is double your damage for free(sorta).  For the fast hands remark earlier it actually increases the speed you get the arrow, allowing you to get it quite fast along with a almost instant charge speed.   You'll be fire arrows fast than a soma can empty its magazine.

So critical chances are indeed halved with unchared arrows, asked in region chat multiple times but had no answer, thanks guys! :)

And yes charged attacks are better and I use them in most cases but sometimes uncharged arrows can do the job thus do it much quicker.

Going to check for the Hammershot replacement. Just got Fanged Fusillade.

slide and shoot quickly should give you the same numbers on hits as you would get from a regular charged shot if youre  close enough, too far and quick shooting the arrow and it may or not even hit the target.

that setup you have is a weak one for the dread even with one forma. take out speed trigger and use a shred, remove cryo rounds and use split chamber.

Edited by ranks21

sometimes uncharged arrows can do the job thus do it much quicker.

Indeed.  Sometimes people lose sight of the fact that a bow's base damage is just high in general.  A half-draw non-crit shot is STILL several hundred if not more than a thousand damage, and can one-shot your way through the solar system.  A fun build for archers is to drop Speed Trigger, use Shred to add some punchthrough without having to full draw, and replace your Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Hammer Shot with elementals.  You wind up with a weapon that can do in the realm of 2000 damage with a single click, and about 4000 damage for a full daw which is obviously sufficient for anything less than marathon defense/survival sessions.  I call using my bow this way "speed archery".

Indeed.  Sometimes people lose sight of the fact that a bow's base damage is just high in general.  A half-draw non-crit shot is STILL several hundred if not more than a thousand damage, and can one-shot your way through the solar system.  A fun build for archers is to drop Speed Trigger, use Shred to add some punchthrough without having to full draw, and replace your Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Hammer Shot with elementals.  You wind up with a weapon that can do in the realm of 2000 damage with a single click, and about 4000 damage for a full daw which is obviously sufficient for anything less than marathon defense/survival sessions.  I call using my bow this way "speed archery".

Honestly, this is pretty well what I do. Even and uncharged Dread shot into a pack of low-medium level small Infested is more than enough to kill one of them, and if you have some punchthrough you can deal with a few. Especially when you have close to 1k damage per shot (and multishot). It's easier to snap off a few fast shots and kill a half dozen small guys who haven't decided to conveniently line up for you then to charge and kill the two or three guys who lined up nicely for you.

Besides, I use the same build on my Paris Prime and use both the Dread and Paris in Void runs. I care more for max damage then I do for status. With a few Corrosive Projections, armour is low enough that you can still get pretty solid 1 shots later in the game.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dread/t_30_22220330_132-1-5-133-6-5-134-4-5-137-0-10-138-7-5-140-3-5-141-5-5-159-2-5_137-7-132-8-159-5-140-5-134-11-141-6-133-6-138-11/en/2-0-26

Edit:

I honestly don't know what you're saying, uncharged shot has halved crit chance since bow reworks. Even with 125% crit chance, you'll only have 62,5% chance.

I also wouldn't have minded if the UI made this more apparent. I knew damage was halved, but I wasn't aware that crit chance was too.

Edited by Vaarsuvius