Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"grineer Hitscan Fire Cant Be Dodged"

Azawarau

That's what russles my jimmies...people keep dying and I wonder and wonder again why they keep dying every 10 seconds and inconvenience us.

Then I realize that they just stand around like some peasant and get shot in the head 24/7.

MOVE people MOVE. Run and Gun is a thing.....movement itself does not F*** with your statistical accuracy...so muster up some skill and learn how to shoot while running and sliding. (or even wallrun shooting)

Why do people keep bringing up 1 hour into survival?

The dude didnt say, "You will never get hit. " The dude showed that you can evade SOME of the bullets. He actually got hit a couple of times but since he evaded most he was able to continue.

Of course, one hour in there are too many enemies on top of the fact that a couple of hit will likely tear a shield down.

If your excuse everything with, " At super duper high level X thing deosnt work." Then NOTHING works.

And here is a news flash.... you are not supposed to beat survival or defense.

It is possible to "avoid" hitscan, but not in the same sense you can dodge a bullet with travel-time. 

Let's pull something from mid-game content and talk about the Hind. That 5-round burst rifle that deals 30 damage at base per bullet (for a total of 150 in one burst) and has a hitscan travel time.

It's a little bugger, 5 insta-hit bullets. You may be able to dodge it, but if the first projectile ever hits you, you basically lose the power to avoid the next 4. 'Cause hitscan. And the frustration of an encounter with this gun is definitely exacerbated when there's more than one of them pointed at you. Even while moving, it seems 3 out of every 5 bullets are guaranteed to find their mark (the last couple usually have enough inaccuracy from recoil to not hit the player). I stay away from Phobos, mostly, for the gangs of Hind-wielding-Elites and Eviscerators (holy mother of bleed proc).

In that sense, it's hard to avoid hitscan because it takes a small cushion of time away from the player as well as an element of choice: whether I avoid getting hit or not is mostly up to the AI, not me.

Going back to what I first said, a good example of what I mean by "dodge a bullet with travel time" would have to be the majority of Corpus weapons; their projectiles are big, bright, and they don't home in on you in an instant. It is well within the player's capability to avoid plasma weapon projectiles whether they're accurately aimed at your or not because you can move out of the way in the small window of time it takes for a projectile to reach you.

In that sense, I have the power to legitimately react to, and dodge, incoming projectiles because they are visible and I have time to respond. That also means that if a bullet hits me, it has less to do with the game mechanics and more with the player's reflexes.

So, it's RNG/AI or Player Power. I'd rather the latter than the former.

Im tired of arguing this point

A dodge is a dodge

Why do people keep bringing up 1 hour into survival?

The dude didnt say, "You will never get hit. " The dude showed that you can evade SOME of the bullets. He actually got hit a couple of times but since he evaded most he was able to continue.

Of course, one hour in there are too many enemies on top of the fact that a couple of hit will likely tear a shield down.

If your excuse everything with, " At super duper high level X thing deosnt work." Then NOTHING works.

And here is a news flash.... you are not supposed to beat survival or defense.

This exactly