Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New / Unexperienced Players Being Cheated On Trades

AdFinitum

I'm sorry, but the REAL problem with trade presently is players trying to buy something for nothing, then telling you to go kill yourself when you give them a fair price. Trade is in shambles right now. Not worth the time.

"Bo Prime Handle for 30p? I'll give you 5. No? Go **** yourself. "

This is where our current trade is at.

Recently I sold someone a Rage mod. I asked him what he was willing to pay for it and he told me 15p. I said no and offered it to him for 8p. After our trade it turned out that someone tried to sell it to him for 40p.

This reallly made me feel vicarious embarrassment.

40 Platinum for a Rage mod is insane and I think if new players get abused like that not knowing the game's economy and eventually loosing all their starter plat to a rip-off trader does Warframe no good.

Trading in games can be fun and a nice way to make some in game money. As long it is beneficial to both sides it is just fine. But the non existance of any kind of information on the rough value of things in Warframe turns trading into a shark pool especially for new players.

- First of all I dont like it that reckless people make money in the dark corners of Warframe with their perfidious manners

- Second I dont like new / unexperienced players being disappointed by Warframe due to it

I really wish DE introduced any means of limiting unfair trading.

had one recently, now he got noted warning and possiblly mightve been ban no clue 

for whoever get tricked/cheated in trade, take screenshot of the trade and the chat with the person, then go and send that to support

If I remember correctly, you can't use the starter plat to trade. 

But, there is plenty of info out there about what to pay for stuff.  Yes it may suck that people try to rip people off, but at the same time it is not hard at all to find out what a reasonable price is, it takes all of a few seconds to look it up, or ask clan members etc.  The site http://wftrading.net/ works great it is usually up to date, and like I said, open your mouth and ask people you know. 

And this is wrong, there is not justification for an Auction House in this game whatsoever.  An Auction house would be nothing but disastrous, destroying the value of the vast majority of items that are tradeable and making it nearly impossible for anyone to earn plat. 

WFTrading.net is garbage.

One time before the event they randomly decided to list Crimson Dervish and Gleaming Talon as only worth 15 plat. People saw that and I bought 4 for 15 plat. Literally 2 days later I sold each for 50p or more. 

Even now they list Burston P Barrel at a minimum price of 10p to 25p, and Bronco Prime Receiver at 7p to 17p, when in reality they are barely worth half those prices.

The best way to learn prices is to just observe trade chat. 

EDIT:

The silly thing is I offered to buy the stances for 15p with a note that they were WFTrading prices and people came to me instead of me seeking out people.

Edited by Arabaxus

One time before the event they randomly decided to list Crimson Dervish and Gleaming Talon as only worth 15 plat. People saw that and I bought 4 for 15 plat. Literally 2 days later I sold each for 50p or more. 

Even now they list Burston P Barrel at a minimum price of 10p to 25p, and Bronco Prime Receiver at 7p to 17p, when in reality they are barely worth half those prices.

Yep. True. You should always watch trade chat to know what's a good deal or not. Though, WFTrading is good for starting players imo, just when it's accurate.

The general rule of smart trading is to shop around. Do you take the first offer you see for insurance? Do you pay the sticker price for something in a pawn shop? Do you give a dealer the price they want on a car? I doubt it. The thing is you need to shop around or you're asking to get ripped off. Yeah some people will take advantage of new players but its not like life experience in deals doesnt transfer over to the trade market in game.

Shop around. Try to haggle with people. Consider trades instead of straight plat trades. Try to find common ground with buyers. These are the things new players and even older players need to be doing instead of just coming here and complaining about the trade market while calling traders (like me) cheats.

Lets also give some credit where credit is due. There are a lot of traders, myself included, that hold ourselves to a higher standard. We're friendly, knowlegable, have low/competitive price ranges, open to trades/haggling, and keep big inventories with a lot of variety. It seems to often that these people looking for an item just takes the first thing they get rather then trying to find traders like me who will give them great deals. Perhaps the most insulting part is a lot of the community members treat us like cheats for all the work we try to put in toward working with you.

I did have a trade where the item I bought with plat, a boltor prime receiver, later didn't show in my inventory. I was very careful because, as we all should know, trust no one. Not sure what happened and wondered if there was a way to pull the item out after the trade was done...also, everyone should be careful of similar named items being "mistakenly" offered in trade for the item you're looking to trade for. I did have someone try to trade me a Rhino blueprint when the deal was a Rhino Prime BP. He said he screwed up after I caught him and then he sold me the Rhino Prime...just be slow and careful in your trades.

I'm sorry, but the REAL problem with trade presently is players trying to buy something for nothing, then telling you to go kill yourself when you give them a fair price. Trade is in shambles right now. Not worth the time.

"Bo Prime Handle for 30p? I'll give you 5. No? Go **** yourself. "

This is where our current trade is at.

TBH my experience has been entirely the opposite, where sellers get abusive when you refuse their asking price, or god help you if you point out that there's already other sellers advertising the exact same thing for half the price the person you just approached has told you they want....

It's probably fairer to say - there's a lot of people with bad attitudes when it comes to trading on either side of the fence. 

NO NO NO

Not action houses, those would only make prices levitate, and since platinum is real money it is not a good idea for users... no ok let's say it clearly: as user who value his own money, willingly wanting an auction house in platinum is a plain example of "/fullretard mode on"*

At least it should be an inversed auction house, e.g. selling platinum, which has a fixed ratio to money, in exchange for in-game goods (like already is in trade now i.e."WTS 30plat"), but then it' wouldn't be much useful to search for goods to buy.

Actually a Tradepost ala GW2 would be soooo much more better, but i see where people are coming when talking about auction houses...

*No pun intended

A tradepost like GW2 here would be perfect, if the only coin traded is platinum. 

PC/PS4/XB1 all have different price ranges for mods, prime parts, arcane helmets and Kubrow patterns. WFTrading.com is a great sight for PC players because it goes off of PC prices. Being a PS4 player I use WFTrading to give my self and idea of how much something should be sold or bought for, PS4 is usually higher.

I myself like to think of my self as a fair price seller with most mods being sold for 5p-10p and Jagged Edge (Rarity mods) 20p. 3x T4 Survival Keys 15p where as some people think they should still be sold for 10p each. I myself would rather trade more for less than trade less for more.

I have sold things for really cheap when I didn't know better but that made me learn the trade market. If you care about plat you will learn.

Finally, I never ask how much they are willing to pay because by they have already made a deal and I have bought a Crimson Dervish for 25p before U14 was released for the PS4. Should I have told the guy to sale higher....maybe but I couldn't pass up that offer...KNOW YOUR TRADE MARKET.

EDIT:

The silly thing is I offered to buy the stances for 15p with a note that they were WFTrading prices and people came to me instead of me seeking out people.

I am trying to sale a Burston Prime and Latron Prime set for 10p each on PS4 and no buyers...WFTrading tells me I should be trying to sell them for higher.

tbh, I think Joshuaalt has nailed one particularly salient point, specifically, knowing your trade market.

Certainly I grant you that new players need to be more aware of trade prices and have a good feel for how much they are personnally willing to pay for an item, but I'd also suggest that traders too need to invest far more time in trading too.

A lot of traders seem to cut n paste their generic spam into the chat window without looking and then head off into a mission someplace waiting for their pm inbox to fill up.  It probably seems like a sensible way to fill in the time.  The problem is that potential buyers can quite often run into a trade chat channel that looks like this:

lets assume you've chatted about the <ITEM> Prime set in clan chatter, or read on the forums that the set is actually worth 10p at a push...

[Trader1] WTS - <ITEM> Prime set - 30p
[Trader2] Selling - blah, blah, random frame blah,  <ITEM> Prime set, 15p, blah  (slow to respond - 20min+ wait as he's gone into a mission)
[Trader3] WTS - Random assorted junk <ITEM> P, more random junk, pm offers  (and when pm'ed demands an offer, hurls abuse at anything less than 50p)
[Trader4] BP Sale, random stuffs, <ITEM> P BP 18p, random stuffs.

Firstly, you feel like no matter what, the market prices are a bit steep, regardless, then you probably approach trader 3 hoping for a deal, get a load of verbal, and then spend 20 mins trying to get a response from trader 2, potentially getting fed up and resorting to giving up or getting "burned" by trader 1. As for trader4... I mean seriously watch the market dude, pricing up the cost of a component to more than the full set is just stupid, and confusing for newbs who dont realise you aren't selling them the whole set.

If you don't believe me, think of a random item and watch the channel for 30 mins like a prospective buyer - it's insane.

A lot of traders just don't bother to watch the trade channel themselves, then complain about the offers they're getting from newb's who are playing market savvy and offering what seems to be the currently competitive prices.

The problem with this is that prices aren't even remotely consistent, making it very hard for new players to even draw up a baseline price for things, if the traders aren't even actually aware of the current market rate for an item, demanding a newb then tries to do the same is laughable. 

The end result is traders feeling frustrated because they aren't getting the offers they want, because they havent realised the market is offering far better prices than they expect, and newb's feeling out of their depth and just going for the lowest cost item they can and hoping to god they aren't getting too badly burned for it.  Needless to say that experience is particularly toxic regardless of which side of things you happen to be on.

Edited by DrNoesis

-snip-

This is why I do my deals via the forums.

If I'm in a mission, I just let my client know and then we trade afterward.

They get the fastest delivery possible, discounts, pleasant service and I get repeat business and the trust of them and their friends.

Trade Chat is a cancer...

This is fine.

More plat is used up/hoarded away this way, in effect.

More profit for DE in the long run.

Newbies don't really stay very long and this will be better for everyone else instead.

Those who can ignore large losses from losing out in trades early on are rich enough to support DE and can keep it up.

Trade channel is stupid. It's a spambox with the same traders trying to unload their crap over and over again, seriously, just watch it. It's a mess, totally unclear and a pain in the @$$ to see what one is actually selling/buying. We need an auction house, the only people opposed to an auction house must be the people selling their stuff for insane prices.

I've seen those guys. I was looking for an ember prime bp, since i was too lazy to farm ODD myself. I was mr3 at the time so ppl thought i was a noob. I was seriously offered (in the dojo!) normal ember stuff, ember prime stuff i dindt need and to top it off some douchebag wanting 50p for an ember prime BP.. they all claimed to have an ember prime bp.

Yea.. it's easy when you've hoarded so much stuff you can pretty much make up your own prices. Luckily(afaik) an auction house is coming so no more gazzilion plats for a mod that certainly isnt worth that much and no more easy time ripping off of newbies/players new/inexperienced to trading.

Edited by Paxcon

Trade channel is stupid. It's a spambox with the same traders trying to unload their crap over and over again, seriously, just watch it. It's a mess, totally unclear and a pain in the @$$ to see what one is actually selling/buying. We need an auction house, the only people opposed to an auction house must be the people selling their stuff for insane prices.

I've seen those guys. I was looking for an ember prime bp, since i was too lazy to farm ODD myself. I was mr3 at the time so ppl thought i was a noob. I was seriously offered (in the dojo!) normal ember stuff, ember prime stuff i dindt need and to top it off some douchebag wanting 50p for an ember prime BP.. they all claimed to have an ember prime bp.

Yea.. it's easy when you've hoarded so much stuff you can pretty much make up your own prices. Luckily(afaik) an auction house is coming so no more gazzilion plats for a mod that certainly isnt worth that much.

You can't put normal ember stuff in trade. Therefore I doubt zee story.

Also most of us who don't want an auction house, aren't selling for insane prices at all. I am a very reasonable trader and I sell most of my stuff at fair value.

However I am opposed to an auction house because of flooding due to the lazy people just throwing everything in there. It will not be pretty for many months.

This is fine.

More plat is used up/hoarded away this way, in effect.

More profit for DE in the long run.

Newbies don't really stay very long and this will be better for everyone else instead.

Those who can ignore large losses from losing out in trades early on are rich enough to support DE and can keep it up.

Wow. Quite a few assumptions... maybe just for enjoying skimming out the new or inexperience players in trading all day; otherwise, it's hard to understand if one with that rationale can work well in any co-op game