Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New / Unexperienced Players Being Cheated On Trades

AdFinitum

Recently I sold someone a Rage mod. I asked him what he was willing to pay for it and he told me 15p. I said no and offered it to him for 8p. After our trade it turned out that someone tried to sell it to him for 40p.

This reallly made me feel vicarious embarrassment.

40 Platinum for a Rage mod is insane and I think if new players get abused like that not knowing the game's economy and eventually loosing all their starter plat to a rip-off trader does Warframe no good.

Trading in games can be fun and a nice way to make some in game money. As long it is beneficial to both sides it is just fine. But the non existance of any kind of information on the rough value of things in Warframe turns trading into a shark pool especially for new players.

- First of all I dont like it that reckless people make money in the dark corners of Warframe with their perfidious manners

- Second I dont like new / unexperienced players being disappointed by Warframe due to it

I really wish DE introduced any means of limiting unfair trading.

First of all, I don't care for trading as I'm still spending the plat I got at the beginning of my journey here, more than a year ago.

You call it scam, abuse... it's not. it's economy. i've got something you want, you've got money. The price is just something that you and I convey, if you want it so bad you'll pay anything, it's not expensive for you. If I don't care how much I get, it's not too underpriced for me.

40p for rage is too much? it is for me, but you cannot state what it is too much for someone willing to pay it.

You want to help beginners? Do it. Offer your counsel in the commerce chat. make price list sheets and publish them in thw wikia and in the forums. But if I say "I want to sell this arcane helmet for 5000 plat" or answer someone who is looking for it "I'm selling it for 5000 plat" that's not a scam. He/she is free to decide if he/she will pay so much or pass and look for a better price.

DE's vigilance? Not needed, not wanted. They have their own store, if you want to pay that prices.

Auction house, as many people ask for? it will make the selling proccess easier and keep prices tight, but I don't think it will be implemented, nor it's an urgent need.

Remember - as long as we both know what are we doing and what's the price we conveined, it's not a scam - it's business.

Remember - as long as we both know what are we doing and what's the price we conveined, it's not a scam - it's business.

The whole point of this thread is newer players who DON'T know what they are doing and the Sharks who do. Point missed.

The words "Economy" and "Business" have been thrown around in this thread to justify shady trading, as if using these words somehow excuses the fact that people are being taken advantage of. There is good business, and there is bad business. There is ethical economy and unethical.

In the end of the matter, it's on your conscience, so do what you do. But I am willing to bet you carry the same justifications when you bend the ignorant over in real life as well.

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal

The whole point of this thread is newer players who DON'T know what they are doing and the Sharks who do. Point missed.

The words "Economy" and "Business" have been thrown around to justify shady trading, as if using these words as explanations somehow excuses the fact that people are being taken advantage of.

In the end of the matter, it's on your conscience, and I am willing to bet you carry the same justifications when you bend the ignorant over in real life as well.

It's the buyer duty to make the researches.Sadly it also applies to people in real life too. Would you buy a house without making researches beforehand? 

ANY PLAYER GETTING RIPPED OFF PROBABLY GETS RIPPED OF IRL

ADVICE: ALWAYS SHOP AROUND AND MOUSE OVER WHAT YOURE BUYING AND MAKE SURE THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT

ALSO

KNOW WHAT YOURE TRYING TO BUY IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

AND AS PREVIOUSLY POINTED OUT STARTER PLAT ISNT TRADEABLE AND SHOULD BE SPENT ON SLOTS OR TATOES 

The words "Economy" and "Business" have been thrown around in this thread to justify shady trading, as if using these words somehow excuses the fact that people are being taken advantage of. There is good business, and there is bad business. There is ethical economy and unethical.

In the end of the matter, it's on your conscience, so do what you do. But I am willing to bet you carry the same justifications when you bend the ignorant over in real life as well.

Not really a matter of conscience. it's a matter of people and money. Only way to know a fair price of something is compare different prices and think "Is this worth the price"? If someone doesn't do his homework (looking for item drop rarity, compare prices" and can afford to pay unfair prices, it's their fault, not seller's one.

And real life works that way, too. value IS NOT REAL, just something both parts in a deal agree.

For example - I'm still lacking Loki Prime helmet blueprint. I know it's difficult to get. But if I was to buy it, I would do two things - look where can I find it's orientative price (maybe what a newby could not do, although I doubt it) AND, knowing how MY economy is going, set my own buying price (and that's something even a kid do).

What you call "fair prices" are just orientative prices convened by majority of trades. Maybe I'm desperate for getting it and don't want to wait for a better price. Maybe I just have more money that I need (god hears this!) and I don't care the price.

And please, do not make a forum discussion into something personal. I've been working as a sale representative for 10 years now, and always look for making fair trades for both parts. And the reason is simple - almost everyone get informed before buying something expensive, even if they knew nothing before about what they are buying now. And if you think you can scam someone, don't do it - you'll get caught for sure and will lose a client. Same applies here.

Offline trading. Like trading house or something. So everyone can see the prices. But why? Prices will go down if DE add something like that. => less platinum purchases. => less profit for PW DE, so not in near future and not in the form like steam community market or something like that.

Edited by Sormaran

You cant trade starter plat

If people dont know what somethings worth and are willing to overpay for it, how is that the sellers problem? Ignorance is no excuse for overpaying. 

So you dont like people making a profit? Theres no logic. You should have taken the 15p. Whats a spare 7 plat gonna do for someone anyway?

I dont see a problem with this. Any noob has just as much access to websites like WFTrading or TennoArmory as anyone else. 

The second thing, I do agree with kinda. You really should not get angry that you got ripped off. Its knd of impossible to get riipped off as all trades are consensual. 

I could not disagree with you more.  Your response to this poster is the exact thing that is wrong with Warframe.  It is up to us veteran players, those who've dug through the trenches and research this and that, to help build our community, not profit from it.  This game relies on that core principal of community.  If you are here to "make a profit," then you are not a part of that community - atleast not the community that we all are proud of.

I for one love helping noobs get their footing.  This game has and extremely high learning curve, doubly so for those who've played from the beginning.  It's in our best interests to help those who don't yet understand it.

I could not disagree with you more.  Your response to this poster is the exact thing that is wrong with Warframe.  It is up to us veteran players, those who've dug through the trenches and research this and that, to help build our community, not profit from it.  This game relies on that core principal of community.  If you are here to "make a profit," then you are not a part of that community - atleast not the community that we all are proud of.

I for one love helping noobs get their footing.  This game has and extremely high learning curve, doubly so for those who've played from the beginning.  It's in our best interests to help those who don't yet understand it.

Business is business. If the guy want to buy ammo drum for 50p and that I sell it to him,am I wrong? No.

there are no prices for mods its allways and will allways what ppl are willing to pay and what ppl are willing to self it for .

and if ppl but a rage for 40p sorry but they could say no thanks never ever 3euro $ or so ever for that but if you want it hard enjoy here you go

• 2 weeks later...
My opinion

Inexperienced players should have priced checked the item before they bought it,

or ask some experienced players for help with trading, either way if they got cheated, it would

only be his own fault harsh but the truth 

Guess some people have to learn it the hard way.

I just started playing about a week ago and am fairly new to trading I did get ripped off the guy sold me a reaper prime for 15p then doubled up on the handle gave me no blade and then blocked comms

I got ripped off by someone just like that before, but it was with a Rhino Prime. I bought the part I needed from someone else and resold the Prime set to get over the amount I had started prior to trading with the cheating dude. Then, support helped me by giving me the cheater's part that I needed prior, and I used that to complete another set which I sold again. Note that I took images of our chat so that this could happen. DE's support is amazing, but sometimes really slow.

Karma's a $#*(@, regardless of the ignorance of the buyer.

You "business savvy" sellers beware.

Karma is a $#*(@.  :)

So, a place where you can search your mod and then look at a list of people selling? is that what they mean by an auction house? 

*Goes to place looking for Primed Chamber*

*Looks up mod in the search bar*

*List of sellers and their prices shown*

*choose what seller wanting to buy from*

*buy it, seller gets money*

Like that?

Auction house is a terrible idea, the economy would collapse completely and everything would be worth nothing.  The supply is so much larger than the demand in this game. 

Karma's a $#*(@, regardless of the ignorance of the buyer.

You "business savvy" sellers beware.

Ripping someone off is not a cosmic crime.  If the person who gets ripped off is satisfied with your arrangement, no harm done.

People feeding you negative energy, whether or not you deserve it.  That's the real threat.  People are very powerful beings, more powerful than most realize.

If I remember correctly, you can't use the starter plat to trade. 

But, there is plenty of info out there about what to pay for stuff.  Yes it may suck that people try to rip people off, but at the same time it is not hard at all to find out what a reasonable price is, it takes all of a few seconds to look it up, or ask clan members etc.  The site http://wftrading.net/ works great it is usually up to date, and like I said, open your mouth and ask people you know. 

And this is wrong, there is not justification for an Auction House in this game whatsoever.  An Auction house would be nothing but disastrous, destroying the value of the vast majority of items that are tradeable and making it nearly impossible for anyone to earn plat. 

I am sorry, but I dont care for the value of items being destroyed for the 100 or 200 people hoarding plat in this game, most other folks are trying to make some fair trades.  You can spot the hoarders out there...

WTS blah corrupted mod 1 500p, heavy calibur 500plat, other rank 10 400p, serration 250, WTB blah corrupted mod, heavy calibur 300p, serration 200p

I don't care to protect the above price gougers and an auction house means the average player may now actually trade and find they have a rare mod or two to put up others actually want.  Prime parts will all be 5 to 20 plat soon after as they should be because they are guaranteed drops.  Mods will vary by actual rarity and the auction house will serve all players not just the elite 200 price gouging hoarders.

Ripping someone off is not a cosmic crime. If the person who gets ripped off is satisfied with your arrangement, no harm done.

People feeding you negative energy, whether or not you deserve it. That's the real threat. People are very powerful beings, more powerful than most realize.

Please, explain how ripping off the ignorant is not a "cosmic crime". This should be good.

Also, a buyer's immediate satisfaction, while still being ignorant of being ripped off, is not a valid point.

Many people when buying a product experience immediate satisfaction only to later find that the sale was shady.

Enter regret and anger.

Enter your "negative energy". Well deserved.

Edited by (PS4)PoeticProdigal

I am sorry, but I dont care for the value of items being destroyed for the 100 or 200 people hoarding plat in this game, most other folks are trying to make some fair trades.  You can spot the hoarders out there...

WTS blah corrupted mod 1 500p, heavy calibur 500plat, other rank 10 400p, serration 250, WTB blah corrupted mod, heavy calibur 300p, serration 200p

I don't care to protect the above price gougers and an auction house means the average player may now actually trade and find they have a rare mod or two to put up others actually want.  Prime parts will all be 5 to 20 plat soon after as they should be because they are guaranteed drops.  Mods will vary by actual rarity and the auction house will serve all players not just the elite 200 price gouging hoarders.

This is complete nonsense, devaluing everything would hurt EVERYONE, especially the free players trying to just get enough plat for a couple slots.  Those price gougers don't make as many trades as you are claiming, and they are often called out when they try.

Ripping off is :

1. Buying 'A' and gets 'B'

2. Buying 'A' that is broken and not getting a refund.

3. Buying 'A' that is not as advertised.

4. Buying 'A' and got zilch.

Overpricing is not ripping off, that is why the knowledgeable are rich, and the uninformed pays more.

This is complete nonsense, devaluing everything would hurt EVERYONE, especially the free players trying to just get enough plat for a couple slots.  Those price gougers don't make as many trades as you are claiming, and they are often called out when they try.

I sorta agree with this. As prices starts to drop, it will be harder for people to buy slots, since the profits made off from trading will be so little. I appreciate low prices, but they shouldn't be THAT low. I'm surprised at how easy you can get Loki Prime now.