Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New / Unexperienced Players Being Cheated On Trades

AdFinitum

If it's something simple to get I'll always lower my cost. But for the most part, I just take offers from people and see what they're willing to pay. If they want to pay it then that shows how bad they want the object in question, not cheated, and they'll eventually learn the ropes.

I did have a trade where the item I bought with plat, a boltor prime receiver, later didn't show in my inventory. I was very careful because, as we all should know, trust no one. Not sure what happened and wondered if there was a way to pull the item out after the trade was done...also, everyone should be careful of similar named items being "mistakenly" offered in trade for the item you're looking to trade for. I did have someone try to trade me a Rhino blueprint when the deal was a Rhino Prime BP. He said he screwed up after I caught him and then he sold me the Rhino Prime...just be slow and careful in your trades.

It is impossible to trade non prime warframe blueprints.

this thread is still floating around?

it's easy, I go to Warframe Trading and that's it. I never buy or sell beyond the scope of what's on their pages. anyone who does is actually causing the price disparity.

I never recommend wftrading for serious trading. Good for beginners, though.

this thread is still floating around?

it's easy, I go to Warframe Trading and that's it. I never buy or sell beyond the scope of what's on their pages. anyone who does is actually causing the price disparity.

Warframe trading is outdated, lacks updates, and has ridiculous prices.

I agree wholeheartedly. I despise the greedy people trying to cheat new players on trades. Like someone said before me, there desperately needs to be an in-game auction house, or at least some form thereof. Trading as it is now is just too inefficient. It's too easily abusable, requires way too much research, and is just generally way too much hassle. Matchmaking kinda has the same issues imo. You just have to go through way too much effort and typing just to host/join a mission (recruiting channel).

WFtrading is complete garbage. I would never use it when trading, either on the buying or selling side.

I definitely don't recommend it in actual trading.

Edited by Leland_Gaunt

now you all say that WFT is garbage, but what's the alternative? without an auction house we need a central point to collate information to create parity, and that is an insanely huge task for even a team of people. do you know how many trades happen a day? can you imagine tracking and collating them all?

no S#&$ it's not perfect, but any trading info hub is better than 'newbs getting pwned on trades' isn't it?

now you all say that WFT is garbage, but what's the alternative? without an auction house we need a central point to collate information to create parity, and that is an insanely huge task for even a team of people. do you know how many trades happen a day? can you imagine tracking and collating them all?

no S#&$ it's not perfect, but any trading info hub is better than 'newbs getting pwned on trades' isn't it?

Learn the prices by watching trade chat, and learn how to get items for the best prices through experience. This is the best way to become a trader in this game. It's not newbie-friendly, yes, but newbies can still take a look at the Trade chat and see Scindo Blade being sold for 30-40p, and not buy it for 60p.

Learn the prices by watching trade chat, and learn how to get items for the best prices through experience. This is the best way to become a trader in this game. It's not newbie-friendly, yes, but newbies can still take a look at the Trade chat and see Scindo Blade being sold for 30-40p, and not buy it for 60p.

that doesn't work as all it takes is one d-bag to over inflate the price and then you have a newb judging potential buying bartering on this inflated price, breaking any consistent price flow.

the problem here, and why alot of people want an auction house, is because we can't actually see what anything is really selling for. someone puts a whatever up in chat for 40p, it's high, through pm's they eventually sell it for 32 and NO ONE EVER KNOWS. so to base any kind of pricing off of chat is crazy, nothing ever sells for chat price, we all barter and that's the real cost of an item.

i still agree that not only is WFT not very good, neither are the others(there are a few Warframe trading tracking sites) but it does give us some insight into the actual sale of an item. personally i choose to stick to WFT prices for buying/selling as it gives me a constant reference point and is easier than spending hours watching price trends myself before making a move. i just throw up 'WTB/WTT/WTS blah blah blah at low/mid/high WFT prices only'. i don't get screwed and neither does the other buyer/seller, win win. 

so far i'ts working and that's all i need. i'm not here to make a living off the game, i like contributing and i enjoy the game but studying the intricacies of current trading trends is not my idea of fun. i run some Void, RNGeesus hates me so i go to WFT, check the price for the part i need and i'm straight away looking to trade with a reference point in mind, one that gives me somewhere to barter from. can't see what's wrong with that.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

Don't you just love the players that spam for few days  "WTB Maxed Heavy Caliber 100p " and then see them selling it for 550p the next day 

Or the players spamming to buy your Arcane helmet for 5p or 10p because you could of got it long time on a alert .

min price for them is 75p any less is not worth selling    ..

People need to be not in a hurry to sell and spend  sometime in trade forum or talk to other players before selling .

Ok first of all its A community u learn from your mistakes if u get ripped off in trade learn from it dont cry about u got cheated in trade and dont lecture about it to 10 other people incidents happen to give us experience, knowledge is gained by experience u dont get it by sitting idle being on tradeing waiting for someone to say WTB, go in void or nodes and earn your stuff if you want plat its diffrent. Learn from your failure thats all i gotta say. rather then crying to someone they could make a device that would stop cheating and people trying to get profit xD

I will be totally honest in that I seek out the people who are trading items severely undervalue. As a trader and in this case a business person you seek the best possible deal every time. In the real world you don't grossly overpay for something just because you "feel bad". If two stores sold an identical item one for $50 and the other for $10, why would you not buy the one for $10? Same thing applies to trading here, I bought the fire set of dual stat mods for 20p maxed out. Did I rip that guy off? yes I did. That set now sells for much more than that because they were an exclusive item to the event. With the introduction of Vor dropping the Poison ones in tier V their value isn't as high as they used to be, but still high enough where I grossly underpaid for them.

I really had no idea what anything was worth about a month ago, but for 30 mins a night in trade chat you get a pretty good idea of what is a fair price. Also you cant be afraid to bargin with people. Just because they are asking 25p for an item doesn't mean they wont go lower. People are greedy and often will not wait for a second chance when selling. If the item is extremely popular then sure they might turn you down, but for a majority of things the price can be negotiated.

Buying multiple mods at once? ask for a discount. If a guy tries to sell Mod A for 5p, Mod B for 10p and Mod C for 15p, I would say "ill take all three for 20p" they might say yes, and if they say no a counter offer usually comes up for 25p, take it you just got Mod A for free.

That's my two cents on trading in warframe....

nothing in this life comes easy and you have to

pay to learn

Easy way hard way most cases hard way rules

I personal follow reasonal prices and market rules : if you

want something hyped and fast you have to pay if you wait

you will get it at real price

And i dont feel sorry for the guy who sells event rare set for 20 plat--maxed!!!

when he participated at the event knows what he will get and the rarety of them

and also for them who pay 550 for a maxed mod or 600-900 for a useless kubrow

and then beg in trade for better price at a powerfull frame like Rhino Prime and so on

(Mag Prime for 20 plat and they asked better price!!!!!!!)

Edited by JoMenton