Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15: Art Of The Kill [Wishlist]

notionphil

Aaaaaaand this is different from now, how exactly?

True, and they are already working on Proxy Wars, a 'teaching' system and Focus. So it's not like this is out of left field.

I am suggesting a lot of content, a lot of new numbers, but not a lot of complex new systems. The frameworks are simple.

This would not be a healthy addition to the game.

You're trying to give a formal reward to players helping each other. Not only would it be abused to no end, player-to-player assistance has a personal aspect to it, one that should not have an artificial reward attached to it. You don't get paid for making a friend, or by teaching someone to cook.

There is a reason why no other multiplayer games have something like this. Virtue is its own reward.

Actually, a lot of games have this. Jade Dynasty, 9 Dragons, even DCUO has a reward system for getting your friends to sign into the game. 

Ninja'd a bit on this one. 

Edited by Cerebrum123

LOL Why would you ever play with gamepad?

Jk.

I agree on one thing, everyone should be allowed to play a game however they want controls wise, like that guy playing CS:GO using the steering wheel :D

i have 2 primary reasons for wanting to use the gamepad more efficiently. 1 I have mostly been a console gamer, and am now making the move to PC, I find the controls to be more intuitive, and comfortable. 2 I have a condition that causes "myoclonic seizures" which is basically bad muscle twitches. This hampers gamepad play too, but with keyboard/mouse it's a greater detriment due to greater sensitivity. 

Another reason though I that I do terrible with the keyboard/mouse style of controls unless it's a racing game, or a platformer. 

i have 2 primary reasons for wanting to use the gamepad more efficiently. 1 I have mostly been a console gamer, and am now making the move to PC, I find the controls to be more intuitive, and comfortable. 2 I have a condition that causes "myoclonic seizures" which is basically bad muscle twitches. This hampers gamepad play too, but with keyboard/mouse it's a greater detriment due to greater sensitivity. 

Another reason though I that I do terrible with the keyboard/mouse style of controls unless it's a racing game, or a platformer. 

For me its keyboard and mouse all the way. Grew up with it so I am very used to play all games with it, can't say it is always easy but give me a controller and I am like a monkey using a iPhone Smartphone

For me its keyboard and mouse all the way. Grew up with it so I am very used to play all games with it, can't say it is always easy but give me a controller and I am like a monkey using a iPhone Smartphone

i completely understand that. Oh, I forgot to mention one other problem. I have to get up and walk around the room pretty frequently, but I can't move around the room with a keyboard/mouse. The controller gives me the freedom to play the game, while doing some necessary exercise with it. 

what about better controller support, i keep telling DE about my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome DESTROYING my hand & I can only use my controller now but c-support kind of sucks, i have to play in steam big picture mode for the UI button labels to change from W,S,A,D to RB, LT, Back, Start & still at times they either disappears or come up as key board letters.

Using the chat tabs is almost impossible, i can't access the names on the left of the tabs, i  have to scroll through the ones on the right resulting in someone contacting other players way faster than I can mean trading for me is a pain, after one successful wall run, jumping to another wall to continue the move, the second wall run doesn't activate meaning this is IMPOSSIBLE. I LOVE WARFRAME DE, for the love of god please please please do something about this, you are forcing me to take surgery just to continue playing, I've asked about this so many times and I've only received help or advice from another Tenno (Steam Big Picture Mode) so please help me DE.

Edited by Nightwing-009

what about better controller support, i keep telling DE about my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome DESTROYING my hand & I can only use my controller now but c-support kind of sucks, i have to play in steam big picture mode for the UI button labels to change from W,S,A,D to RB, LT, Back, Start & still at times they either disappears or come up as key board letters.

Using the chat tabs is almost impossible, i can't access the names on the left of the tabs, i  have to scroll through the ones on the right resulting in someone contacting other players way faster than I can mean trading for me is a pain, after one successful wall run, jumping to another wall to continue the move, the second wall run doesn't activate meaning this is IMPOSSIBLE. I LOVE WARFRAME DE, for the love of god please please please do something about this, you are forcing me to take surgery just to continue playing, I've asked about this so many times and I've only received help or advice from another Tenno (Steam Big Picture Mode) so please help me DE.

Yup, that's what I've been asking for. They already do this with XBOX One, and PS4, so they shouldn't have a problem implementing it here.

ETA: I'm hoping that that controller that Steam is working on for their console will work on a normal PC, and will work as good as the more classic style of controls.

Edited by Cerebrum123

15.1 - Weapon Category Balance Adjustments

One-hand Light Pistols (all semi auto pistols besides marelok) - added versatility

• You may perform melee combos with the quick attack button while wielding a one-handed light pistol.
  • You may hipfire one-handed light pistols while your melee weapon is equipped. Accuracy and fire rate are reduced by 50%

Machine Pistols/SMGs - added versatility and ammo

• You may perform melee combos with the quick attack button while wielding a one-handed machine pistol.
  • You may hipfire single-handed machine pistols while your melee weapon is equipped. Accuracy is reduced by 50% and reload is doubled.
  • Max ammo capacities of dual wield Machine Pistols are doubled versus one handed.

Shotguns (not including hand cannons) - stop close-range enemies in their tracks

• All shotguns gain a chance to ragdoll targets equal to the % of pellets that hit. IE: 100% pellets hit, 100% ragdoll. Enemies can only be ragdolled in this manner once per 10 seconds.
  • All shotguns deal 50% bonus damage in short-range (5-10M depending on the shotgun).

Snipers - added reliable damage and skill based utility

• All snipers automatically crit when hitting a weakspot. (it's up to you if you still want to add crit chance mods for body crits!)
  • All snipers now have at least 1m punch through
  • Sniper scopes are equipped with IR sensors, allowing faint outlines to be detected through objects
  • Killing an enemy with a one-hit weakspot shot causes a gory death, causing a 1.5 second "frozen in terror" stun in all enemies within 3m who saw the death and are showered with the brain matter of their ally. Enemies can only be frozen in terror once every 10 seconds.
Edited by notionphil

Considering your popularity on the forums, it's highly likely that DE will do something like this for U16; but only if it becomes really popular. Like, really really popular.

Some small, quality of life additions I would add to warframe:

1. You know how stealth kills sort of teleport you behind the enemy and immediately play the animation? That's sort of jarring.

Add some linear interpolation there to make it less wonky looking.

2. Stealth kills actually kill your target now!

3. You don't need to have pinpoint accuracy to use teleport anymore!

4. Teleport freerange.

5. Give sentinels more personality.

Edited by Lukap99

Considering your popularity on the forums, it's highly likely that DE will do something like this for U16; but only if it becomes really popular. Like, really really popular.

Some small, quality of life additions I would add to warframe:

1. You know how stealth kills sort of teleport you behind the enemy and immediately play the animation? That's sort of jarring.

Add some linear interpolation there to make it less wonky looking.

2. Stealth kills actually kill your target now!

3. You don't need to have pinpoint accuracy to use teleport anymore!

4. Teleport freerange.

5. Give sentinels more personality.

How would you do the underlined? Make them like Wheatley from Portal 2? j/k

Seriously though, what do you mean by "give them more personality"? 

How would you do the underlined? Make them like Wheatley from Portal 2? j/k

Seriously though, what do you mean by "give them more personality"? 

In hindsight, perhaps "personality" may not have been the best word to use.

It's just, to me anyway, the sentinels feel way too boring. It's like they've been just plastered on into the game, like they don't even exist for the rest of the world.

I'm not asking for you to be able to pet them or anything, they're not kubrows and they should not be kubrows. But at least give them a semi free roaming mode while idling, or at least some some hit and high speed flight animations.

Edited by Lukap99

In hindsight, perhaps "personality" may not have been the best word to use.

It's just, to me anyway, the sentinels feel way too boring. It's like they've been just plastered on into the game, like they don't even exist for the rest of the world.

I'm not asking for you to be able to pet them or anything, they're not kubrows and they should not be kubrows. But at least give them a semi free roaming mode while idling, or at least some some hit and high speed flight animations.

Okay, I get what you are saying. I didn't before, but I do now. 

I read through the whole thing, and I like most of it. Some of it I'm a little skeptical on, but it was fun to read. It helps that I usually love reading through patch notes and that this was formatted similarly and cleanly.

I see a lot of people mentioning a mentoring system, which, I'd actually like to see. Whenever I see people asking for help in Recruiting or asking question in Region Chat, I usually either try to help them with their mission or answer their question plainly (which may or may not be concise).

I think Region and Recruiting is full of too many people that try to make jokes at the exclusivity of helping people. It actually kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth, figuratively, of course.

Therefore, I liked seeing the Mentor system you laid out, but on the other hand, tying rewards to it just makes it another "game mode" for people to exploit for their own devices, rewards/cosmetics in this case.

This would not be a healthy addition to the game.

You're trying to give a formal reward to players helping each other. Not only would it be abused to no end, player-to-player assistance has a personal aspect to it, one that should not have an artificial reward attached to it. You don't get paid for making a friend, or by teaching someone to cook.

There is a reason why no other multiplayer games have something like this. Virtue is its own reward.

I kind of agree actually. I like helping out new players when I can, but having a distinctive reward system will cause a bevy of people to try to "game" the system. It feels like a universal constant that people are always going to try to minimize input (effort) and maximize output (reward).

Additionally, gaining mastery ranks for newer players is a comparative slog  than it is for veterans with full access to every frame and weapon. As such, tying rewards to mastery rank is seriously going to promote Mentors to hurry their Pupils/Acolytes to just burn through the game and level up.

I can imagine a Mentor saying "Hey, try leveling up every weapon you can get your hands on. We can do Sechura/Hieracon together." At which point, the Pupil is going to keep gathering weapons and frames just to do Sechura/Hieracon with his Mentor and then think the game is just one big grindfest collectathon (as is the case for most people now). Then naturally they'll get burned out and think the game is insanely superficial.

Mastery Rank is at the very least, a time investment, but a very long one, such that any Pupils/Acolytes you find are probably going to quit before they even make it very far. Especially considering how tough it is to get resources and weapons and frames early on, because they have limited planet access.

Who knows, maybe it'll sort itself out, but I have quite a few people on my Friends List that either quit or never really bothered with mastery rank.

Edited by Otenko

Mastery Rank is at the very least, a time investment, but a very long one, such that any Pupils/Acolytes you find are probably going to quit before they even make it very far. Especially considering how tough it is to get resources and weapons and frames early on, because they have limited planet access.

Who knows, maybe it'll sort itself out, but I have quite a few people on my Friends List that either quit or never really bothered with mastery rank.

I wish I could see some #'s from DE on this. I'm willing to bet that mastery rank is very, very strongly correlated with how active you are in WF. And that people who start to 'enjoy' rank grinding are more likely to get hooked.

Yes, Senseis will try to game the system, but if they are helping newbies get into WF while doing so, and having more substantial player interactions...whats the harm in giving them a few more cosmetics?

Either way, I do agree with part of your point...I think the Sensei could be rewarded for other things besides strictly mastery rank, such as the pupil completing acheivements etc.

Mastery rank is a good baseline though, because its pretty darn hard to "exploit".

This is my imagining of U15, if I had shaped it from the start. There wouldnt be an archwing, probably ever.

I am soooo psyched for Archwing. So I cannot buy fully into your vision and can no longer, in conscience, support the mutinous notionphil takeover of DE. 

HOWEVER, 

I really like your vision here. Awesome ideas. Call it  update 16 instead, and I could share your beautiful dream. 

15.1 - Weapon Category Balance Adjustments

[snip]

I love these ideas too. But I am not sure why these should apply only to one handed weapons, logically (I could sort of see the argument from a balance standpoint - to give some incentive to use a single version of an existing akimbo pistol - but then Brakk and Detron are two of the strongest pistols in game, and are both semi-automatic and not marelok). I mean, if you are left-handed hip shooting while you have your sword out, it would actually be easier to do if you had your pistol on your left-leg holster, so I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to do it with dual pistols equipped, i am afraid.

I have always thought that, logically, not only should single pistols have a much faster reload than their akimbo equivalents, but they should have much better accuracy and recoil (single pistols should enjoy an especially forgiving recoil toll when firing while zoom-aimed, because two-handed shooting). If you don't understand this, I encourage you to get yourself to a shooting range and see how well you shoot when dual wielding compared to one handed. Start with the latter style as you are likely to get kicked out/ laughed out when you get your akimbo cowboy on.

+1 cookie

really like your ideas.

except the sensei thingy, it's not really important feature.

And please add "Repolish old content!"

Excalibur Prime, Frost Prime, Trinity model rework ( also immortal skin ), etc.

Sorry for the bad english. :)