Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overload

FitzSimmons

Hello

How about make a change on Overload damage ticking delay? when enemies get stunned by the first hit of Overload, the next hit won't stun the enemies again since theyre still stunned when get hit by the second wave of Overload. Can you make the delay between hit become 3 second after the first? so it will stun the enemies again not just gives damage. 

Edited by buavita

Electric procs not overlapping is a problem in general, and I'm not sure that it's intended behavior in the first place.  Your suggestion would be a work-around, but would lower DPS and limit recasting potential.

electric dmg is support type, not really a dps. still better if it has limit to recast because it will gives volt to attack stunned enemies, 6 secs

Edited by buavita

entire duration like world of fire? maybe he can walks around with his overload active like ember lol

He can already do that though. Overload is only 4 seconds, duration is only affected by electronics and unaffected by power duration. So it wouldn't be OP, Hydroid and Zephyr essentially remove enemy out of combat for more than 10 seconds.

Volt's damage maxcase on Overload is huge, even without electronics.  Just because you view something as "support" doesn't mean that it can't also be something else.  

if it can help you stun enemies longer but deal same damage only takes longer time it doesn't really matter. especially when u are on t4 survival or defense, even guns doesn't really one hit enemies there, or when you want to revive your squad.

The truth is: A proper built Amprex in combination with electric shield does more aoe damage than his ultimate would ever be able to do.

It's hard to actually justify Overload's slot for me as a dedicated Volt player. When I'm in a pinch, Overload rarely helps, so I altered my playstyle not to be dependant on Overload.

There was a short time after they reworked it and the shortly after damage 2.0 before some fixes when it was awesome, where I really liked using it from time to time.

It's a beautiful ultimate in my opinion. The way it uses environment and even alters it...

Most people never understood that Volt was all about utility, not beeing a caster. I'm happy, that all those change-Volt-to-suit-me-topics disappeared.

Overload could use some tweaking though. I agree. But I don't think, that damage will make it aweseome.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Let each pulse have 100% Electrical Proc chance.

Let Duration mods add more pulses.
These would both buffer the damaging, and crowd controlling capabilities of Overload.

Also, the Electric Jesus pose needs to be completely removed from the code.
It doesn't happen often, but it occasionally shows up to ruin your day. 

Edited by Flackenstien

Overload could use some tweaking though. I agree. But I don't think, that damage will make it aweseome.

yes, volt is a utility frame, like in description it deals high damage and good on guns, electric shield to cover, shock to stun while reloading, so overload can become a power which is better version than shock, stuns enemies around with longer duration to escape from crowded with speed while theyre stunned.

Also, the Electric Jesus pose needs to be completely removed form the code.

i would like volt to get new animation on overload just like what he did on zanuka in the prophet trailer

i would like volt to get new animation on overload just like what he did on zanuka in the prophet trailer

Eww no.

When Damage 2.0 came out, (can't remember the update number), Overload was changed to be a super quick cast, letting you be free to roam/shoot/whathaveyou while Overload does its shtick.

This allowed you to make use of the stun Overload has, and didn't keep Volt users tied down.

Thing is, from what I remember (been a while since I used Overload), Overload would still rarely/occasionally, presumably unintentionally, put you into the infamous Electric Jesus state. (Probably due to too many electronics nearby.)

The last thing any Volt player should want is Overload to be a long, drawn out, and vulnerable skill again.

Edited by Flackenstien

The only change I would make to Overload would be to allows the electronics in a room to recharge after a certain amount of time.  How much time I'll leave to people better at figuring this stuff out.  This would allow Overload to be more useful in a room it was already used in once before.  Obviously for a lot of the missions it would not matter but for Defense, Survivals, and possibly Mobile Defense depending on the timer length having the ability for the electronics in the room to be rebooted, so to speak, would give Overload much better usage long term.

The only change I would make to Overload would be to allows the electronics in a room to recharge after a certain amount of time.  How much time I'll leave to people better at figuring this stuff out.  This would allow Overload to be more useful in a room it was already used in once before.  Obviously for a lot of the missions it would not matter but for Defense, Survivals, and possibly Mobile Defense depending on the timer length having the ability for the electronics in the room to be rebooted, so to speak, would give Overload much better usage long term.

it's not a problem with only one correct solution, so you can't expect anyone to think the same way as you do. overload is better version of shock, stun all around not in front of player. the strongest point of overload is it's CC not damage. recharge electronics in room or makes overload stuns enemies for duration isn't so different

Edited by buavita