Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hong Kong Player? Introduce Yourself Here!

Renegade343

Hello all,

I have introduced myself a long time ago, saying that I come from Hong Kong, but I always wondered if there are other Hong Kong players around here. If so, post here, and get to know other Hong Kong players!

(And before anyone asks, we are not going to start discussing about Occupy Central and whether we would skip school for it. If you want to discuss that, do so in Off Topic. This thread is meant to get to know other Hong Kong players.)

Renegade343

Guest Tehnoobshow

What makes you think so?

The way you speak er.... type is a little bit off beat. It's actually kind of like the way my friend with Asperger's speaks, but then I figured you weren't autistic so I assumed the next closest thing.

Reading through this thread thinking "no way this isn't his first language". I wasn't aware learning English as a first language was something they did in Hong Kong, unless you were an English family who moved there?

I learnt English before Cantonese (so I treat English as my first language), but since the lag time between them is rather insignificant (not to mention that everyday communication in Hong Kong uses Cantonese), that means my Cantonese is more fluent than English. 

EDIT: And guess again about the nationality of my family. 

Edited by Renegade343

I learnt English before Cantonese (so I treat English as my first language), but since the lag time between them is rather insignificant (not to mention that everyday communication in Hong Kong uses Cantonese), that means my Cantonese is more fluent than English. 

EDIT: And guess again about the nationality of my family. 

OOOOOH OOOH I KNOW!

You moved away from Hong Kong before 1997 and use English most of the time while you were away and recently came back to Hong Kong but have been using Cantonese when speaking at home while you were away from Hong Kong?

Edited by MetroFallout

OOOOOH OOOH I KNOW!

You moved away from Hong Kong before 1997 and use English most of the time while you were away and recently came back to Hong Kong but have been using Cantonese when speaking at home while you were away from Hong Kong?

I never moved to another country. That is all I can say. 

Edited by Renegade343

I'm bad at guessing things that I don't know the background of.

I already left a few trails already: 

1. You know that I come from Hong Kong. 

2. You know that English is my first language. 

3. You know that I have not emigrated to anywhere else (implying that I am born in Hong Kong). 

Try guessing a bit based on those.