Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hong Kong Player? Introduce Yourself Here!

Renegade343

Another HK player here. And just wondering, did u study in an international school before? Otherwise it is quite weird u have English as ur first language. Certainly couldnt survive government schools if your cantonese is bad 

My Cantonese is not bad (in fact, I am more fluent in Cantonese than my first language, English). 

In fact, I can write, read and speak Cantonese quite fluently. 

How long have u played renegade? Or since when?

Around a year ago (I think). 

Edited by Renegade343

My Cantonese is not bad (in fact, I am more fluent in Cantonese than my first language, English). 

In fact, I can write, read and speak Cantonese quite fluently. 

Around a year ago (I think). 

Cantonese isn't a written language. It's spoken only. What you're saying is that you write well enough in traditional Chinese text but I'm nitpicking. I'm guessing you're possibly non-Chinese in terms of ethnic origin.

Anyways it is 10 o'clock and i really need to catch some sleep now. Got school tomorrow. And i'm still a secondary school student. DSE next year TAT. 

Poor thing.

Cantonese isn't a written language. It's spoken only. What you're saying is that you write well enough in traditional Chinese text but I'm nitpicking. I'm guessing you're possibly non-Chinese in terms of ethnic origin.

You can, technically, write it out to be in Cantonese (and it is a recognised language [albeit a rather minor one]). 

I'm guessing you're possibly non-Chinese in terms of ethnic origin.

I'm placing my bet on this one, and I'm guessing British since you write "recognised" instead of "recognized", given that your English wasn't affected by the teachers there who stuck with British English.

Is Warframe actually popular in HK? Are there any active Chinese Warframe communities on Facebook or whatever social network HK people use nowadays?

I'm placing my bet on this one, and I'm guessing British since you write "recognised" instead of "recognized", given that your English wasn't affected by the teachers there who stuck with British English.

I can write both in American and British English (and speak a mixture of such). It is just that the laptop I am using uses British English, and I do not like seeing those red underline dashes. 

Fine. Chinese.

I'm guessing you were born in the early-ish 90s and that your parents either had you study in a secondary school with English as the medium of instruction or you studied in an international school with the former being more likely given your ability to write well in Chinese. Plus, your parents may be in a professional field where English is used often, this would confer a certain amount of English-speaking ability over to you as they would possibly speak to you in English more often.

I'm guessing you were born in the early-ish 90s and that your parents either had you study in a secondary school with English as the medium of instruction or you studied in an international school with the former being more likely given your ability to write well in Chinese. Plus, your parents may be in a professional field where English is used often, this would confer a certain amount of English-speaking ability over to you as they would possibly speak to you in English more often.

Correct on one point.