Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Energy Based Weapon Mechanic Idea

Vinylz

Hey guys first time posting an idea and on these forums, I am been playing warframe for quite a while now. I have several ideas cooked up in my mind, but for now I am going to try to explain this mechanic that in my opinion will improve the use of an or future energy based weapon.

First off I am going to straight off say, this idea involves including an heat generating mechanic for energy based weapons. So pretty much a bar that increases as you fire your dera, flux, spectra and so on. Cools down if not firing for a short amount of time.

I am thinking different weapon should get their own heat generation per shot and cooldown, to further improve balance and fun gun play for future energy weapons.

So here is my idea, a simple bar that marks 0 to 100% heat as you fire your energy weapons, or have the weapon eject different colored steam from the weapon to indicate it has reach an certain heat level.

But it doesn't just stop there, in different section of the heat bar I think the weapon should receive a buff, change in stats, nerf, or even change on weapon function.

For example(remember just an example to show how this works):

Dera when the heat is between 0 to 20% its just warming up so it gets reduced damage, faster fire rate, and uses less ammo per shot. But generate at 4% each shot.

Now its all warmed up and it gets to 21% to 60% optimal performace stage, it gets increased damage, increased projectile speed and generate at 3% each shot.

After firing a while it reaches a over heating stage at 61% to 90%, it receives another increase in damage, an slower firerate, increased critical chance and damage, also generate at 3% each shot.

Now you're just crazy getting too much heat huh? 90% to 100%, the hot plasma is so hot now it has weight, so now it shoots these sticky hot plasma that sticks to anything it touches and procs status 100%, at a slower projectile speed, another increase in base damage, another decrease in firerate. and generate 2% each shot.

(before moving on I want to mention, the heat generation could also just be the same for all stages)

Thats about it, I just want to throw this idea out there before I totally forget it in my mind. Of couse this is just an example, play around with it if you like. Of course I think this open for introduction of energy based weapons exclusive mods, and more diverse energy weapon. 

Like:

Energy sniper rifles that depends on overheating and shoots grenade like projectile dealing lots of status.

Laser rifle focusing it beam more as it overheats and increases it maximum range.

A Energy overheating shotgun that shoots hot pellets that sticks and burns anything that is on it.

I like it as a mechanic for a NEW weapon, but I wouldn't want to go back and pull this on people who already like their current weapon.

Could also be a series of mods based on continuous fire. Bonuses would give synergy with magazine size to create damage gains as magazine size would allow extended continuous fire. Nerfs would give synergy to reload speed or fire rate decreases. Utility would... be utilitarian?

I like it as a mechanic for a NEW weapon, but I wouldn't want to go back and pull this on people who already like their current weapon.

Could also be a series of mods based on continuous fire. Bonuses would give synergy with magazine size to create damage gains as magazine size would allow extended continuous fire. Nerfs would give synergy to reload speed or fire rate decreases. Utility would... be utilitarian?

Utilitarian thats gold!!!! 

I agree with it being available for new weapons. As for current weapons, I think its best to see how much people like the new weapons mechanics then decide to implement them or not. 

But thank you for your feedback!!!! :)

As for me its quite late I am gonna drop.