Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Or Snipetron

Apathetik

Question

Just built Banshee a few days ago and have been using the Paris on her but it just doesn't feel like I'm doing that much damage to higher levels. Would the Snipetron be a more suitable weapon for her? Also what mods should you use on your Paris?

9 answers to this question

While I don't feel like Paris shines on some boss fights (quick-shield bosses like Hyena), if you max out on serration, armor piercing, and elemental damages with multishot, I believe it does incredibly high damage that makes typical grunts in a level one shot kills at no charge, even.

I can't speak for a high level snipetron.

I would also like to put forth that Paris is silenced, which would matter if you care about stealth at all.

Always remember that you can have a sidearm specialized for heavies and bosses, like I use my Lato Vandal for or Afuris for, depending on the level. But hey, up to you. I recommend learning how to shoot to maximize chances at multi-killing with every arrow. That's pretty satisfying, if still suboptimal compared to some other rifle.

I haven't gotten around to using the Sniperton, but I have seen a few players using it and it can dispatch lower level and mid level enemies quickly, higher level enemies will require some modding, of course. Personally I would rather run with a Paris seeing as how the firerate won't hinder me much and there's no reloading to be done. I also think Paris will require less mods to compensate for its arrow readying and what not. Multishot works wonders with the Paris, I have mine almost maxed out. I think "Serration" and "Piercing Hit" can go well with the Paris. Any elemental mods sounds viable, but some people have a bug that won't let their mods work right if they are not hosting /: there's no exact weapon for frames, more like player preference and playstyle, although heavy frames that are useful for tanking can also be outfitted with heavy weapons for crowd control, their shield cap compensating for the heavy slow attacks. You could try running with the Sniperton it might be better for you, you never know until you try, right?

In my short eight levels of experience with the Snipetron, it is not worth it.  I've only twelve ranks with the Paris and it's given me many things which include:  

Good times ten fold and then some.

Rewarding kills (see first reason above)

An ebb and flow state of combat.  Pull, release, kill.  Rinse, wash, repeat.

I hope I've aided you in choosing the Paris. :)

See you on the field, Tenno.

I've noticed 2 posts above mentioning armor piercing. Doesn't Paris have innate armor piercing capabilities? In this case, would the AP mods just add more damage? If so, wouldn't another elemental mod work better due to added utility?

Paris does come with ArmPen. But any extra +dmg is extra =)

Like other have said I think the paris makes it just win out over the snipertron, even with reload speed mods on the snipertron, it's still not quite fast enough nor the damage you can do with a similarly moded Paris.

The upside is snipertron is basicaly an instant hit where the Paris has some traveltime.

ive just recently got my sniper and tbh its not as good as the paris, paris is fun, long range, easy to aim, decent ammo and quick enough reload, add to that the same damage as sniper and headshot and the fact that it can hit targets in a line with no mods and im now really wishing that snipertron had been a latron :(