Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr 3D Model: Before The Experiment (Update:21/8: All Updates Added

arch111

Hi fellow Tenno fanartists!

Update 2015-08-21
I used this thread to model Valkyr, prior to her capture be Corpus.

Obviously things chaged when DE revealed the new plans to release a pre-corpus skin.

My two recent models since then.

restoredvalkyrguns_by_gaber111-d8yhax8.j

valkyr_remade_v6_by_gaber111-d90wexm.jpg

Update:18/12/2014
valknew_by_gaber111-d8a7nop.jpg

Update: 11/12/2014
valkyr_plated1_by_gaber111-d89e8mc.jpg

Update 26/9/2014

Added a t-pose of Valkyr, the way DE do it when they show immortal skins.

She have the undamaged default helmet on, other then that I tried to be as accurate as I could with what we got.

valkyr_orto_by_gaber111-d80i0uz.jpg

Valkyr: Lotus
valkyr_lotus_by_gaber111-d810clz.jpg

Update 23/9/2014

The first model was off on a few points, largely proportions and scale.

So I did what I do, I iterate; do redo.

This time it is much more accurate to the default corpus helmet. But wuth a few changes naturally.

The question is: where to go from here?

valkyr_comp_011_by_gaber111-d809clf.jpg

Update 22/9/2014

I imagined how the armour would look if it followed the same leaf y-style her helnet has.

I know its too much, but as an idea, what are your feelings?

The model would show some suit like today, overlayed with armor; similar to Loki, nyx and ash.

sketch1411473591741_by_gaber111-d808idh.

Edited by arch111

What program are you using? Would love to know as I  wanted to make a 3d model of one of my concept frames

This is looking good, keep it up.

As for what I think she looks like pre-corpus, I think you nailed it with removing the half of her helmet we all know, as I think that's corpus fitted. The exposed half of her current helmet makes me that that may be an exoskeleton to what Valkyrs helmet was, but they merged her exo-skeleton with that piece on her current helmet.

I also think all the wiring on the frame is artificial. Just my two cents

Thank you all for your feedback.

The look deviates a bit from the one ww are all used to, I know. Part is I suspect it is modified by corpus, part is texture and bump doing their thing, part is perspective distortion, part is trying to think new and still true to DEs model.

1) Program used is Sculptris. Free, small and awesome. If you get use to it.

2) Neck and such is off, I know. This is my speed sculpt 1.0 so I just wabt the key things in for now.

3) I am really questioning if the helm she got really is hers. The framework is clearly visible all along her spine.

They could gave ripped it off, replaced it witg their own; hence the space marine muzzle she got.

3) The Bastet helm is in here, the default has open neck/scalp so I figure anything goes.

I still can change it 50 times over to get it right :)

Thank you all for your feedback.

The look deviates a bit from the one ww are all used to, I know. Part is I suspect it is modified by corpus, part is texture and bump doing their thing, part is perspective distortion, part is trying to think new and still true to DEs model.

1) Program used is Sculptris. Free, small and awesome. If you get use to it.

2) Neck and such is off, I know. This is my speed sculpt 1.0 so I just wabt the key things in for now.

3) I am really questioning if the helm she got really is hers. The framework is clearly visible all along her spine.

They could gave ripped it off, replaced it witg their own; hence the space marine muzzle she got.

3) The Bastet helm is in here, the default has open neck/scalp so I figure anything goes.

I still can change it 50 times over to get it right :)

Best way to imagine Valkyr is like this:

A) "Valkyr" is derived from the term Valkyrie, which in Norse mythology were beautiful Maidens under the service of Odin rode across battlefields, choosing what soldiers lived and died, and carried the heroes to Valhalla.

B) Most of Valkyr's suit seems like a exo-suit, much like that of Zero-Suit Samus from Metroid. This could suggest she had armor and tenno inspired designed before her capture.

C) Comparing her to most of the Tenno, Valkyr seems to lack that "Tenno" feel to her suit as well. The Tenno look like well claded warriors decorated for combat. Valkyr comes off as a brute of sorts.

So what I'm saying is that the original Valkyr may have had a sense of beauty and glory before her current state. Of course it's possible that her powers would be far different from what they are.

Would really to see something come of this as she is my favorite warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

your neck tapers off to thin, it's cone shaped and it should be cylindrical, and that object on her throat makes her look she's had a tracheotomy. She looks like she's a bobble head doll.

Also, keep in mind that Valkyr is a strong girl. She's probably the meatiest of all the tenno ladies and I'd bet she could give Rhino a run for his money- Rhino is a lot of bulk bodybuilding muscle, its all show and no go. If you look at a lot of special forces and SEAL type guys you can see they're actually pretty wiry and compact, only Jersey Shore gym rats actually bulk out the way Rhino does, and that's all thunder with no lighting. There's not actually a lot of dudes in special forces that are giant Schwarzenegger hulks, being the size of the Undertaker or Brock Lesnar doesn't really help in modern combat, its just a bigger target to shoot at. Valkyr has very athletic professional fighter muscle. I think you started sculpting that, but you kind of forgot it halfway through.

If I were you, I'd take a screenshot of your model, make it transparent in photoshop, and then mask it over a picture of Rowdy Rhonda Rousey and copy her muscle structure, then exaggerate it to the warframe. As an artist, you should never work from scratch, ever. Always use reference, and always cheat like crazy- As long as its not plagiarism, its okay. Never do anything anyone else has already done for you, especially if they did it better than you... And if Rhonda Rousey is the real life Valkyr, your Valkyr should look like her.

Also, keep in mind that its actually pretty easy to figure out what Valkyr looked like before the experiment, because you can isolate all the corpus tech and distinguish it from the orokin tech. You can see that half of her face plate is peeled away from her helmet and there's that ribbed support structure installed by the corpus to buttress it, if you want to make a full 'pre-experiment' Valkyr, just mirror the half of her head that isn't tampered with.

While I agree Valkyr is a melee oriented frame, I dissagree when it comes to the pre-corpus version.

Since we have no way of knowing what part is actually original, exept the claws, feet and neck-collar = all clearly corpus.

For all we know the helmet is a Corpus construct like Zanuka and what we see beneath is the sub-layer of the warframe; basically the tenno is right there.

the whole look of Valkyr is damaged, ripped open. What is missing from it? Is it really as simple as mirroring one side of the helm?

Possibly. Even so, the rest of the body looks badly underdressed.

So body type aside, any ideas on armor or gear she might have had?

I thought about her skills, and from what I gathered, the only one that's less likely to have derived from her rage and actually might be from her original powers is her Ripline ability. So, maybe she was some kind of recon class pre-corpus experimentation? Or maybe a team-based support Warframe where Warcry was some kind of rally skill before it was twisted into the violent scream she has now? So some kind of medium armor with wing-like ornaments? Usually when I think of Valkyries, I think of the way the armor of the titular Valkyries from Valkyrie Profile looked. Or maybe look up some pictures of the Valkyries from the opera, the Nibelung Saga?

Yeah, still needs some work, but Im happy I finally got the features where they belong.

She is tricky. Of all the frames, probably the most irregular of the bunch.

Plus, she keep reminding me of 4Lom, Space Marines and the Predator.

I will keep at it.