Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr 3D Model: Before The Experiment (Update:21/8: All Updates Added

arch111

I have done some art for frame concepts. Other then that, I'm not sure.

Have we talked? You can easily check me out, just look at my profile page.

Anyway, I am a so-far hobbyist but hope to use my skills professionally one day.

So Update time. After doing a reference image I did a third iteration on the 3D model. Many tweaks later it ended up as my new Valkyr 2.0.

I willdo more work on it, especially when the body comes into play. But allso because I want to test various options out and the Valkyrie Wings most of all. I need to find out if they even work in full 3D.

As allways, looking forward to your comments and feedback!

valkyr_remade_ver2_by_gaber111-d81yvsr.j

• 3 weeks later...

Ok started building the model now. Very early and I am glad to take suggestions along the way if you got any.

This is where I am so far, just roughing shapes.

zb_valkyr_wip02_by_gaber111-d84d3tw.jpg

Her chest looks a tad bit too large and defined as of now. It's too big and muscular to fit her current looks, unless being experimented on somehow shrunk her chest size.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes the chest us to defined for how she looks now, but I am going for an armored look, the idea is Corpus stripped it off, that is why the helmet and body are different colors.

I build up and then carve into it.

• 1 month later...

I thought of modelling the damaged corpus version first. But now I've changed my mind.

Based on my concept ideas, I will explore a battle-angel look. Going from the current build and body shape, I then will craft Valkyr unspoiled, possibly even Primed.

I began anew and I am still focusing on mass. The first design will revolve around the plated and Lotus look.

My current idea is that she originally was Lokis "sister-frame", meaning they fought as a melee-pair against the Sentients.

valkyr_recreationproj_01_by_gaber111-d88

More to come as I refine the shapes.

I love too much her 600 armor points to like her with less of this "going head-on" feeling

That said, and after reading the whole part about scales, Valkyr makes me think of a dragon. Even more when I remember that the Kara helmet has something to hold her mouth, like she would even BITE. So, I really think the scale-based armor is a very good idea

Debating with myself about the size of the scales and if I should make it organic, like Valkyr was really a First Gen Warframe, back to back with Excalibur, Loki, Volt, Rhino and Mag.

Allso I think ankles and wrists will have orokin devices for ripline and claws.

Debating with myself about the size of the scales and if I should make it organic, like Valkyr was really a First Gen Warframe, back to back with Excalibur, Loki, Volt, Rhino and Mag.

Allso I think ankles and wrists will have orokin devices for ripline and claws.

this is perfectly right