Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Gate Crash Explain Why Grineer Show Up In Derelicts?

(PSN)Hollow118

Every so often in a Orokin Derelict Exterminate, Grineer would show up and replace the enemy faction after killing 20-30 infested.

And after reading up a bit on Gate Crash, is it possible that this was the reason why we would see Grineer appear in Derelicts up until now? They would be using the portals and sometimes run into the Tenno during missions?

It seems to add up.

Also if I'm just now catching on, forgive me for being slow, I never put thought into it.

(Yup, I'm quite slow)

You guys think this is the case?

Logically speaking as Tenno, if we saw Grineer in the Derelict we would try to find the portal and close it. That would have made a lot of sense. That could be a way to incorporate Portals as side objectives in Derelict keys. (I already know its becoming its own mission but would still make a cool side mission)

Except for the fact that we would probably have found the portal long before this event, this makes a lot of sense.

We also never found the ship that (may have) brought them there, I assume it's because we didn't go looking/Lotus didn't tell us to.

Edited by Gelkor

Well since most derelicts are not in the void, the Grineer and Corpus occasionally showing up is pretty strait forward they are looking for old Orokin tech.

Its obvious as to why either faction would appear there, I'm just saying it seems like Gate Crash basically showed us "Hey this is why you see Grineer in the Derelicts, now you have the chance to stop them"

Well considering we invade Derelicts floating in space maybe they are Grineer that fled their ship in escape pods, and got stranded on the Derelict. Maybe they did have a portal, but it was overrun, and destroyed by Infested, or maybe the last of the grineer unit saw it as a threat so they blew up the Portal. Would also lead into an interesting explanation as to how infested can get a foothold so easily on planets.

Well considering we invade Derelicts floating in space maybe they are Grineer that fled their ship in escape pods, and got stranded on the Derelict. Maybe they did have a portal, but it was overrun, and destroyed by Infested, or maybe the last of the grineer unit saw it as a threat so they blew up the Portal. Would also lead into an interesting explanation as to how infested can get a foothold so easily on planets.

My question to you is why would Grineer abandon their ships in escape pods? I actually wanna hear a little more of what you think

I thought it was obvious after the Grineer used the Janus key to open up the portal to your sleeping Tenno.

True, but even the old tutorial and new player experience up to Vor made it seem like ONLY Vor had the technology/Key and he wasn't sharing. Which was the point of killing him back in the old new player experience IIRC. 

Edited by Gelkor

I thought it was obvious after the Grineer used the Janus key to open up the portal to your sleeping Tenno.

The Janus Key isn't anything special I don't think, I think after Vor's Orokin Energy Rebirth he gave his key the name Janus. Not sure why but I could be wrong, correct me if I am

EDIT: Turns out Janus is the name of the Roman god of beginnings and transitions, thereby doors, passageway, gates. So it does have mention

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

My question to you is why would Grineer abandon their ships in escape pods? I actually wanna hear a little more of what you think

Tenno destroy generators all the time on Grineer warships. Dying on the ship would be pointless. They would want to live to fight Tenno once more obviously!

The Janus Key isn't anything special I don't think, I think after Vor's Orokin Energy Rebirth he gave his key the name Janus. Not sure why but I could be wrong, correct me if I am

It acts a little more special than other void keys, as he can shoot beams of 'void energy'. The machine used seemed to only amplify a void key's power. If the Grineer were to collect other void keys, derelict keys, I don't see why this technology wouldn't be available onmass.

Before Vor arrived to collect your Tenno, the Grineer who had been there first claimed it was 'his prize'. This would mean he would likely be able to get to it, without the help of Vor.

The first explanation for factions getting to the void was about a year ago in Playstation reveal trailer. It was the same kind of device being used to open portals. But yes, that is essentially the way they or us for that matter, can get to the void which exists in another universe of sorts.

Many Orokin derelicts were caught outside the void when the Orokin disappeared, those are the ones we see when we use the derelict keys, The area we are in during Operation Gate Crash seems to be an infested Tower or an infested section of a Tower that remained inside the void- given Lotus calls it a Tower not a ship/derelict.

"Our incursions into The Void have proven that Orokin ships are full of powerful secrets. The Orokin Derelict ships, the ones that could not escape into The Void, are no different" -Codex

Not being able to escape doesn't mean they couldn't end up there after the fact.

Not being able to escape may imply they tried to go there, made it, but were too late with their crossing, as the infestation had already worked its way into the ship.