Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead Enemies Aren't Really Dead

Ailith

After running around in an Exterminate mission for 20 minutes trying to find the last remaining enemy, I feel that this needs attention.

There's a bug that was introduced somewhat recently that causes dead enemies' bodies to remain, they just stand up normally and perform idle animations (they'll sometimes interact with the player, but can't attack, example: Ancients will scream). The only real problem that I've seen up to this point is that, when killed and placed in this state, they don't drop their loot.

Apparently, as I just learned, this bug also prevents Exterminate missions from being completed until you find and attack these "dead" bodies again. To add to the annoyance, enemies in this state don't appear on radar and don't have health bars, so you won't know if they're bugged unless you stand next to them for 5-10 seconds as they play their death animation.

Edited by Ailith

I've seen this before but the "dead" enemy always counts toward the kill counter.

Yeah, they count as being dead, but they still count as an active enemy, meaning you can't complete the mission until you attack any lingering bodies.

I have never seen that happen before ._. and I play extermination missions most of the time so it must be a very rare bug. Does it happen when you play solo or online?

This instance happened in a solo mission against Infested, but I've seen it loads of times in ODD (online) and against other factions (solo and online).

Edited by Ailith

Yeah, they count as being dead, but they still count as an active enemy, meaning you can't complete the mission until you attack any lingering bodies.

That's never happened for me. Once they died, they were dead & I didn't need to revisit them to complete the mission. 

Edited by Rexlars