Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber On Amprex?

(PSN)TheFuriousFajita

Question

15 answers to this question

It is mostly player preference.

It really depends. For me, the accuracy loss does not matter as the weapon is continuous and arcs to enemies. For the typical missions, the spread of Heavy Caliber helps me to hit enemies without aiming as much, just plain bodyshots.

For others however, in late T4 where Heavy Gunners have a ton of hp, shooting their head will give the Amprex 4x headshot multiplier, and Heavy Caliber may be detrimental for such precision aiming.

Personally I prefer Heavy Caliber on as I barely feel the accuracy difference since I go up close and personal with my enemies.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Did you watch the video? The spread was unbelievably huge. There's no way to score constant head shot with that.

I wouldn't post if I didn't watch the video. I am aware of the spread. Plus that post was a placeholder for my edit. I don't find the spread much of an issue as a Loki player, since I always go very near the enemy while invisible.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Lol thanks but dammit the damage is so hard to give up!!

To me the additional 165% offsets the loss in accuracy, it really depends on how you use the gun. There are situations in Endgame where you cannot afford to take your time aiming, and Heavy Caliber's spread may help in that regard by turning the beam into some form of AOE.

Especially when swarmed by tons of Infested or Corrupted.

To me the additional 165% offsets the loss in accuracy, it really depends on how you use the gun. There are situations in Endgame where you cannot afford to take your time aiming, and Heavy Caliber's spread may help in that regard by turning the beam into some form of AOE.

Especially when swarmed by tons of Infested or Corrupted.

Alright . I guess I'll use it then

If you want to be working on headshots and high-end dps, then you may as well use the Synapse instead. Headshots are great for trying to hit a Heavy Gunner with some extra headshot damage and arcing to its neighbors, but it's not going to be all that frequent. Besides, the Amprex has always favored status infliction over pure damage.

it fine for me i use both amprex & synapse heavy max 

never have a problem with aiming if u dont use it on amprex u might wanna pick another gun instead ( they base dmg are low enough without hc i dont think it a good choice since poor ammo efficiency )

Edited by VioletX