Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Writes The Red Text?

DE_Adam

3,098 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The second image on the linked page suggests there's two people behind it. "OK, maybe she didn't really say it like that"

So, one with oversight (Rebecca) and one with artistic license doing the actual writing (Red Sweater Randall). I say Red Sweater Randall since he's the only one shown actually doing anything, and he's typing.

I don't think that it's Steve or Rebecca. Steve likely has better things to do prior to a hotifx/update (Drinking?) and I HIGHLY doubt that Rebecca would have made that strapon joke in the 14.7 redtext. Not sure about Pat or Randall though.

Lmao. Ah, yes that strapon joke!

i've actualyy seen rebecca posting when update 13 was delayed, and red text happened to broadcast the exact same thing rebecca did on her post. go figure.

it is not one DE. as i showed before, even glen got to be red text on update 14.5.1.1. he even got it wrong and typed 15.5.1.1 while red texting. region chat went nuts about that one lol.

All I can say is, this certain red text won me over:

"No ponies in this hotfix so idkwhy I even bother..."

"...Please restart the game at your earliest convenience, and remember: Friendship is Magic."

I practically snorted cider at that. Whoever was behind it, regardless of copyright issues, deserves trophies.

Also, my vote is switching it up for future red texts and letting the community guess who's behind it. Lots of hilarious finger-pointing in store... xD

A quick breakdown is at hand!

Well, redtext is unpredictable, he / she / it displays multiple personality traits almost every time he / she / it is on, so it can't solely be any one dev at any single time, and is probably just a rotation of devs depending on whoever is on / free at that time.

We know Glen used it once when he asked us to /friend add [DE]Glen ;https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262250-friend-add-deglen/page-4

The Red Sweater Randall Persona more than likely gives the devs room to continue this rotation without having redtext be tied to any one person, allowing him to continue his circle of unpredictable comments

Edited by Somedude1000