Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest- Final Results!

[DE]Megan

Tenno,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Weapon Skins Contest! We were blown away by all the work that was put into these entries; so everyone that submitted a design has been entered into Stage 2! For more information about the next stages, please see the original contest thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304881-weapon-skins-contest/.

Please note that Voting has been extended until October 6 to reflect the change in voting structure. 

Each skin will be voted on by the Design Council in a 4-round bracketed voting system that will end on October 6th. 

Below are the round duration's and current Round 1 voting brackets:

Round 1: September 22 - 25 
Round 2: September 26 - 29 
Round 3: September 30 - October 3 
Round 4: October 3 - October 6 
*AkMagnus Round 5: October 7 - October 10

Round 1: 

Dual Zoren 

GUWJuWU.png

AkMagnus 

wr5Zp9H.png

Vectis 

ZJEGMhB.png

Each weapon will have 2 winning skins (each side of the bracket) that will be put on the Market! The community will be looped in on updates as each Round of voting is concluded, so stay tuned to this thread for updates. Keep in mind that we never throw away community content, and if your submission doesn't make it, we may still consider it for potential content in the future for Warframe! 

Thank you again for your talented efforts!

*Sorry for the potential alias typos!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 1 Recap!

The first Round of voting has commenced with the following moving forward:

Dual Zoren
mEdsCie.png

Vectis
x6cZ1LZ.png

AkMagnus
Y84uaGL.png

Please note that due to a missed entry on our part, AkMagnus will require a 5th Round in order for accurate voting.

*AkMagnus Round 5: October 7 - October 10
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Round 2 Recap!

Round 2 of voting has commenced with the following moving forward:

Dual Zoren
NO101fy.png

Vectis
eIamR55.png

AkMagnus
lFXIrem.jpg

Round 3 Recap!

Round 3 has commenced, and Round 4 has begun. Round 4 signifies the finals for the Dual Zoren and the Vectis.

AkMagnus
QOUbKnM.jpg

Dual Zoren
GWm9toT.jpg

Vectis
4s4qAhm.jpg

Job well done so far and good luck to all!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Final Round Recap!

It’s been an eventful process, but the winners have finally been chosen! Thank you greatly for all the incredible submissions; they’ll be put into the Vault for safe keeping!

The following winners will not only have their designs added to the in-game market, but they’ll also earn a percentage (25%) Platinum from each sale! We’ll be in contact with the winning designers shortly to acquire .psds so we can get the ball rolling!

Winning Vectis Skin Designs:

Rekkou
pcxGEQl.png

StratoS117
eFzR7NO.jpg

Winning Dual Zoren Skin Designs:

ZeroJackdaw
lvguc2q.jpg

ming1345
g50SKLi.jpg

Winning AkMagnus Skin Designs:

41HEBMH.jpg

The polling still continues for the AkMagnus. The winners will be posted this Friday, October 10.

Congratulations again! This has opened the door to many future possibilities of player content creation. Your talent continues to inspire us!

Thank you. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AkMagnus Final Recap!

The polling has ended for the AkMagnus skin and 2 winners have been chosen! Please join me in congratulating:

MaaYuu
QVtd3ko.jpg

verifitas

FRWv89X.jpg

Congrats again to the winners and thank you to EVERYONE who participated :)
Edited by [DE]Megan
added AkMagnus winners

Keep in mind that we never throw away community content, and if your submission doesn't make it, we may still consider it for potential content in the future for Warframe!

Yay... Because there are way too many awesome entries to pick only two for each weapon... :D

Edited by MeduSalem

Good luck to all who submitted their skins as this competition generated some excellent content and its nice to see that each weapon type will now have 2 winning skins available in the market.

Although, im not a fan of the voting being limited to just the design council especially when this competition was initially open to all to participate in, so it kinda feels like a kick in the teeth to some, but i guess DE has to keep the council happy, so i hope those that do vote will conduct their voting in a fair manner.

Good luck to all who submitted their skins as this competition generated some excellent content and its nice to see that each weapon type will now have 2 winning skins available in the market.

Although, im not a fan of the voting being limited to just the design council especially when this competition was initially open to all to participate in, so it kinda feels like a kick in the teeth to some, but i guess DE has to keep the council happy, so i hope those that do vote will conduct their voting in a fair manner.

I think it also keep the voting extremely secure. Think about it, no one can make 50 dummy accounts to vote. The only people allowed to vote have been in Warframe over a year and all of them paid at least $100 to get into it. That being said there's probably other ways of securing votes and the like. But I'm just trying to paint a silver lining for you. Personally I'm totally impartial so long as no one wins by 5k votes when only 3k people were voting.

Woooooo go KittyDarkling's infested vectis!

Thank you so much for the support it really means a lot to me :D

Edited by KittyDarkling

Even though I can see now that my work is not the best, it has been fun to revisit one of my old passions and learn some new techniques. Great contest! ^ ^)/

Wait... why 1 from each bracket and not the 2 best?? o.O

Edited by ntyd1s

[DE]Megan, i have made 2 entry for the contest, Vectis and Akmagnus. But i can't find my name on the Akmagnus chart. This is the entry i put https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304881-weapon-skins-contest/?p=3474204 I submitted it on 8 September. Or is my Akmagnus entry being disqualified for some reason?

Hope you can get yours sorted out whatever the issue is. I don't usually buy cosmetics but I would buy that akmagnus skin in a heartbeat. Great work.

You don't know what Design Council is, do you?

he might not.

Anyway there are not just people who payed $100 for founder in the Design council now, around 30 people per month are invited to the design council now.

Edited by NovusNova

You don't know what Design Council is, do you?

he might not.

Anyway there are not just people who payed $100 for founder in the Design council now, around 30 people per month are invited to the design council now.

I really didn't knew about that. Thought game designes are in the council.

I think it also keep the voting extremely secure. Think about it, no one can make 50 dummy accounts to vote. The only people allowed to vote have been in Warframe over a year and all of them paid at least $100 to get into it. That being said there's probably other ways of securing votes and the like. But I'm just trying to paint a silver lining for you. Personally I'm totally impartial so long as no one wins by 5k votes when only 3k people were voting.

Allowing a person to vote based on status, time accumulated as a member or how much money they have spent is irrelevant or at least it should be, but i do understand the need to keep the voting secure but i think there could have been other ways to have approached it other than to now lock out everyone except the design council, especially when so many had shown an interest in the competition thread which generated over 700 posts in a short period of time and the competition itself being open to all to participate in. It just feels like a low blow to me which i found unnecessary.

But im certainly not taking anything away from the submissions as they were excellent and i look forward to seeing the results.