Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest- Final Results!

[DE]Megan

I really didn't knew about that. Thought game designes are in the council.

The design council are founders of master or grandmaster rank and anyone invited to join by the DE team (usualy picked due to good ideas, well posted comments and general good forum ettiquite/standing).

I asked in general voting threads, but will ask here too. 

Is there any reasons the voting wasnt just done with a limited choice multi-voting post? (ie select 5 of the options to vote for).

Tornament selection is good for where better skill determines the results but not all that great for asthetic choices, as it becomes simply an X or Y choice not a choice between options A to N.

Edited by Loswaith

Is there any reasons the voting wasn't just done with a limited choice multi-voting post? (ie select 5 of the options to vote for).

Tournament selection is good for where better skill determines the results but not all that great for aesthetic choices, as it becomes simply an X or Y choice not a choice between options A to N.

And I already PM'd [DE]Megan about it too. :/

I asked in general voting threads, but will ask here too. 

Is there any reasons the voting wasnt just done with a limited choice multi-voting post? (ie select 5 of the options to vote for).

Tornament selection is good for where better skill determines the results but not all that great for asthetic choices, as it becomes simply an X or Y choice not a choice between options A to N.

Yeah, I was wondering about that.  A tournament isn't appropriate especially if the two voter favourites happen to be randomly seeded on one side of the tree.  It just means that we only get one of the designs that the voters actually wanted, and something a little more mediocre from the other side of the tree.

I was all for the tournament type thing at first, but then I gave it a little thought.

It's kinda a mix between good and bad.

Oh the good side all the skins get looked at in order to advance. There isn't anything like the super eye grabbing/omg shiny ones hogging all the attention/votes/whatever. It allows each skin to be evaluated and voted accordingly. The bad side is that a skin that a lot of people want, could easily get dismissed if something else looks better by comparison for the moment.

I feel like this gets a pretty good idea of it.

On a side note, I like the idea of the design council voting on it but, what about the people who aren't in the design council? I understand that they're in that for a reason but, what if a vote took place and the council got outvoted by nonmembers? I feel like the voting should be opened up to everyone so that they can all have a say.  An example would be of how you guys did the T-Shirt contest. I dunno why it isn't something similar to that. I also think that the creators should at least get to see how their own skin is doing. I know people have poured hours and hours into this and would like to see how their skin is faring without waiting a week.

(My brain is fried, I hope that all made sense.)

Is there a thread with the images these finalists submitted? I'm really interested in them but I don't know where to find there entries. Thanks!

Sorry but unless your part of the design council, you'll have to go through the submission thread to see the skins submitted.

Edit: Nice didn't realise Devoid made a thread with all the finalists in, https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/313065-compilation-of-weapon-skin-contest-entries/

Edited by NovusNova

[DE]Megan, i have made 2 entry for the contest, Vectis and Akmagnus. But i can't find my name on the Akmagnus chart. This is the entry i put https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/304881-weapon-skins-contest/?p=3474204 I submitted it on 8 September. Or is my Akmagnus entry being disqualified for some reason?

I have found what happened to your entry and it will be added as a late entry for Round 2 (tomorrow) and we will ever so slightly adjust the brackets to accommodate for this late addition. An Orokin Catalyst and some Plat has been added to your account to apologize for the stress that this glaring mistake may of caused!

I have found what happened to your entry and it will be added as a late entry for Round 2 (tomorrow) and we will ever so slightly adjust the brackets to accommodate for this late addition. An Orokin Catalyst and some Plat has been added to your account to apologize for the stress that this glaring mistake may of caused!

Thank you so much for the effort. I did not expect any compensation especially plat, but i very appreciated it.

Good luck all! I'm especially excited for some of the Akmagnus skins.

Some cool beans going on there...

Really cool beans.

Frozen beans.

Agreed, some absolutely great Akmagnus skins across the board. Very nice since I'm actually formaing them currently, great reason to buy them. That said it's gonna be a tough competition, good luck to all.

Round 1 Recap!

The first Round of voting has commenced with the following moving forward:

Dual Zoren
mEdsCie.png

Vectis
x6cZ1LZ.png

AkMagnus
Y84uaGL.png

Please note that due to a missed entry on our part, AkMagnus will require a 5th Round in order for accurate voting.

*AkMagnus Round 5: October 7 - October 10

Tenno,

Round 1 Recap has been posted :)

Congrats!

I can understand peoples misgiving for the Style the voting for these skins is going on.   Yet that doesn't mean that the skins that didn't win might not make appearances down the line.   This is more of a test to see what Players can make and how they are received in game from the community.   One of my favorites got out voted, but I'm hoping that it shows up in the future.   

So lets just see how this all pans out, and if things go well,  Perhaps player designed skins can be added in like clan/alliance badges.  On weekly updates pending approval from Devs that is.  ^-^