Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest- Final Results!

[DE]Megan

Seriously round 1 was a 'nail biter' (Unsure if correct term) .

Really hoping those designs come back in the future.

Good luck in round 2 everyone!

In every contest like this round one is the most horrible one for everyone involved. It is literary a massacre of entries

Uh oh.

Looks like I might be facing that Hivelight in the future.

I had a good run lol.

I knew I'm gonna fight Verifitas's Akmagnus. Fingercross*

Thanks for the kind words, you guys have some fantastic work yourselves.  It really depends on what the design council voters are in to, so who knows what's going to happen in the next few rounds.  

Best of luck!

Something I've noticed is that not all participants are DC members...

They can't view their own progress.

o.e

I hope all participants get DC access, sometime in the future.

After all, they have demonstrated some serious texture know-how.

Perhaps in the future, the (real time) poll results could be made publicly visible too.

Yeah, it's a bit stressful not knowing, and I'd certainly like to view the progress. D:

But I can understand why DE doesn't just hand out DC invitations. The Founders paid good money for a spot...  Also knowing how game textures operate doesn't necessarily mean you're savvy with game design, although art and aesthetics are a part of it.

That's not to say I wouldn't love to have a spot. I totally would, but I'm just saying their caution is somewhat justified.

But...

Also...

Hnngh...I can't help it.

*Paws at DE for Design Council Invite*

Good luck to all the entries! And for those who have been eliminated, here's to hoping for your work to be added in the future! (I mean, it does say they still qualify. :D You're not out of the race yet.)

Went through phase 2 yay yay :D but against ZeroJackdaw next round is a pain :( that Kuberzs entry is so great :D

Aww thanks. May the best user with "Z" in their name win! ;D

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

I think my favorites from the remaining are

Zoren - ntd1s & alvitte

Vectis - rekkou & ming1345

Magnus - ranunek-ka & rekkou

Honestly, you all have some awesome textures! Rashyo, the wood grain handle on your akmagnus skin is freakin' sweet! I'm always trying to color my weapon handles to look wooden B-). Tourette lord ur crushing akmagnus is my second favorite XD, my first thought to make a skin was also bullet decal but I like urs he he.

'Twas an honor to lose to you guys! Was fun trying to make a skin lol!

Magnus - ranunek-ka & rekkou

Hu ahm Seeker Raunek-Ka! Nkt Ranunek! Guh'ruk un klos!

...damn, Sargas Ruk, get out of my head, pls.

I wanted to say I really appreciate your liking of my work :) But my alias was terribly misspelled in both rounds :D

This judgment PROCESS disappoints me.

What standard do they use to separate entries into 2 groups and give 1 reward each?

Why can't everyone simply vote for their favorite skins?

Congrats to the winners who truly deserve it. I'm outta here to drown my grief of injustice in Grineers' blood. :')

Aww congrats to ZeroJackDaw, losing you is my sweetest defeat ever. I will definitely buy your Kubrow Zoren Skin. Kudos :D

Daww, thank you, but don't count yourself out yet since they did say that they may be picking more than 2 skins. Which...is odd to me. Why even have a tournament style then? Ehhh, this contest is all sorts of weird.

This judgment PROCESS disappoints me.

What standard do they use to separate entries into 2 groups and give 1 reward each?

Why can't everyone simply vote for their favorite skins?

Congrats to the winners who truly deserve it. I'm outta here to drown my grief of injustice in Grineers' blood. :')

Might I join you?

This tournament style doesn't celebrate skill or the audience favorite, and instead severely limits the pool of voting and prolongs the contest to unnecessary lengths. Truly what difference would it have made to simply have a mass vote for each weapon? Heck, it probably would've been much easier since there's no need to constantly update, manage lost entries into the system, or vote multiple times. Two clicks on your favorite skin from each category, and the Design Council members are free to go.

It has been discussed before, but tournament styles cater to skill...not aesthetics. If we only had one winning skin, the tournament style would be somewhat justified as all skins are compared against each other, but this is honestly luck of the draw. Just as an example, Rekkou's skin may have beaten the Crushing Akmangus, but Tourette's skin could've been the Design Council's second pick very easily.

*shakes head*

I know DE is likely just trying to freshen up the style of voting for contests, but... they really need to manage how they handle these contests more efficiently. Allowing skins whose entries clearly broke the rules (AidenLives' gif which was a recolor of a screenshot) into the voting bracket is just disappointing. I understand that there are more important things DE has to deal with, and I am very grateful they even attempt these contests, but if there isn't enough time to manage these contests, allow your other players (community moderators) to help out. IIIDevoidIII did a wonderful job organizing all of the entries into one list, why not let them collectively assist in checking the entries and brainstorming a way to vote on them all? Perhaps this is the way it is done, and something went wrong, I'm not sure.

*clinks glasses with ntyd1s* Cheers mate. Sorry this set up is broken, but to be quite honest your skin made me very nervous from the start and I don't know which of us will make it. *sips* I guess the Grineer have been distilled enough times that their blood really does turn to alcohol. Congrats to whoever wins. :D

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

It has been discussed before, but tournament styles cater to skill...not aesthetics. If we only had one winning skin, the tournament style would be somewhat justified as all skins are compared against each other, but this is honestly luck of the draw. Just as an example, Rekkou's skin may have beaten the Crushing Akmangus, but Tourette's skin could've been the Design Council's second pick very easily.

I'll join in on this too, although I already posted about this a while ago in this thread. Some more emphasis for this would be nice. I'd rather not see another tournament style for something based on appeal.

Edited by blazingcobalt

Aww thanks. May the best user with "Z" in their name win! ;D

Your Dual Zorens are winning. They are beating the Overforged by very many points that I doubt there is enough DC users to outvote 501 dead kubrow.

As a member of the design council whom clearly cannot be trusted to keep stuff in-house,  do you really think it is a good idea to have said that ? considering the voting has either not finished yet or the results have not been gathered, verified, counted or whatever DE does with them.

Edited by Nemesis101

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Final Round Recap!

It’s been an eventful process, but the winners have finally been chosen! Thank you greatly for all the incredible submissions; they’ll be put into the Vault for safe keeping!

The following winners will not only have their designs added to the in-game market, but they’ll also earn a percentage (25%) Platinum from each sale! We’ll be in contact with the winning designers shortly to acquire .psds so we can get the ball rolling!

Winning Vectis Skin Designs:

Rekkou
pcxGEQl.png

StratoS117
eFzR7NO.jpg

Winning Dual Zoren Skin Designs:

ZeroJackdaw
lvguc2q.jpg

ming1345
g50SKLi.jpg

Winning AkMagnus Skin Designs:

41HEBMH.jpg

The polling still continues for the AkMagnus. The winners will be posted this Friday, October 10.

Congratulations again! This has opened the door to many future possibilities of player content creation. Your talent continues to inspire us!

Thank you. 

Heads up, Tenno,

The winners for Vectis and Dual Zoren skins have been selected!

Round of applause for all our participants, thanks!