Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest- Final Results!

[DE]Megan

My skin won??? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Thanks guys, there were so many awesome entries in this contest and to be chosen is a great honor.

I hope more of them make it into the market, I'd wear the crap outta the Overforged Zoren skin

As a fellow Filipino, I am buying your skin to match with my Philippine flag inspired Volt! I shall call that loadout "Lupang Hinirang!"

Thank you to everybody who voted on the Hivelight skin and supported it through the competition, I've had a blast scrambling to make something I hoped the community would appreciate.  Thank you, thank you, and, of course, thank you for helping me turn this vision into a reality.

Because you all have only seen my design in its natural steel-colored state, I've taken some time to put together this compilation of recolorings to show you just how flexible it can be.

hivelight_colors.png

So, once again, thank you all for your support and a big congratulations to everybody else who won.  I look forward to purchasing all of these neat skins!

Oh DE why have you forsaken me???

GgIydBC.jpg

BjikP3d.jpg

Now that the conspiracy theorists will be working overtime in the Partnership Announcement topic, i still hope you get a response from DE before this topic gets locked.. you certainly deserve to know why your entry was left out.

edit:

also the moderator Devoid had included a link to your submission when they compiled the full list of skin entries, yours being 12th on that list.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/313065-compilation-of-weapon-skin-contest-entries/

Edited by Nemesis101

Congrats to all winners!

I wish there was some word on what happens to the losing skins.

Even if they just say "We're scrapping them".

Some would be really nice to have in game even if not publicly available on the market.

I believe DE said they would go into the Vault, niot sure if that was jut on the design Council forums though. So some conformation here would be great.

I'm curious as to what we can expect the costs to be for these skins (hopefully not as much as the DE skins, to inspire more players to pick them up)

• 3 weeks later...

DE/admin

This post is based on my understanding that you do indeed value and appreciate those that take the time to participate in your competitions.

You made the claim in your opening post that everyone who submitted their designs made it to the voting stage..

Tenno,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Weapon Skins Contest! We were blown away by all the work that was put into these entries; so everyone that submitted a design has been entered into Stage 2!

Therefore please have the decency to acknowledge aXod who has posted asking what happened to their submission that they took the time to design and submit like all the other participants did yet was not included and added to the bracketed voting system.
Doesnt aXod deserve to know what actually happened to their submission and why it appeared to have not been included in the everyone statement.. or would you prefer to continue to ignore the multiple posts and personal messages you have been receiving about this since early October?

Oh DE why have you forsaken me???

GgIydBC.jpg

BjikP3d.jpg

DE/admin

This post is based on my understanding that you do indeed value and appreciate those that take the time to participate in your competitions.

You made the claim in your opening post that everyone who submitted their designs made it to the voting stage..

Therefore please have the decency to acknowledge aXod who has posted asking what happened to their submission that they took the time to design and submit like all the other participants did yet was not included and added to the bracketed voting system.

Doesnt aXod deserve to know what actually happened to their submission and why it appeared to have not been included in the everyone statement.. or would you prefer to continue to ignore the multiple posts and personal messages you have been receiving about this since early October?

Same thing happened to me, my Akmagnus entry is overlooked. The difference is, i immediately report it to [DE] Megan, and later [DE] put my entry in the contest and i was compensated with 100 platinum and a catalyst. Any contestant still have the obligation and responsibility to oversee their own entry through the contest, because mistake and even double mistake can always happens. aXod only bother to start asking after the contest ended. DE indeed made a mistake, but the other half is caused by his own ignorance.

Same thing happened to me, my Akmagnus entry is overlooked. The difference is, i immediately report it to [DE] Megan, and later [DE] put my entry in the contest and i was compensated with 100 platinum and a catalyst. Any contestant still have the obligation and responsibility to oversee their own entry through the contest, because mistake and even double mistake can always happens. aXod only bother to start asking after the contest ended. DE indeed made a mistake, but the other half is caused by his own ignorance.

Yes i agree aXod should have posted sooner but to be fair, why should aXod be penalised for DE's mistake ? a mistake made worse due to admins failure to acknowledge the multiple posts and personal messages that followed afterwards.

The right thing to have done would have been for DE to clarify exactly what happened to aXod's Argonized skin design early on and why it wasnt included in the everyone statement, as i found that opening statement misleading and dishonest. I was hoping that DE would have done the right thing here as enough time had passed to have posted something but for some reason chose not too and that has now demonstrated to me that the communities contributions are less valued and appreciated.

For admin to sit back and stand by that misleading opening statement that everyone that submitted a design had been entered into Stage 2 when that was not the case, to then choose not to acknowledge multiple posts one of which was from the participant themselves asking why had their design been forgotten about and too also fail to respond to any personal messages that followed.. in truth i find it discreditable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...