Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone Remind Me Why Boltor P Is Better Than Latron P Again?

Saih1337

Question

These are the two builds that I'm using (well my mods aren't maxed)

Boltor P:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor_prime/t_30_23042223_131-3-5-132-5-5-133-2-5-134-6-5-137-4-10-138-7-5-141-1-5-150-0-10_150-8-141-6-133-11-131-5-137-7-132-8-134-6-138-6/en/2-0-44/

Latron P

:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Latron_prime/t_30_23002222_132-7-5-134-6-5-137-0-10-138-2-5-140-4-5-141-1-5-150-5-10-159-3-5_137-7-141-6-138-11-159-9-140-5-150-8-134-6-132-8/en/2-0-15/

What I've discovered after using both weapons in T3 survival:

1. Boltor P runs out of ammo after about 35min when the heavies start to take half a clip to kill but Latron P never runs out of ammo.

2. My accuracy with Latron P is at 60-70% but Boltor P only floats around 40%.

3. The only time when Boltor P outshines Latron P is when enemies are weak and it only takes about 1-2 bullet to kill. In that case Boltor P can last a long time without reloading. But that is irrelevant since when enemies get harder this advantage is non-existent.

4. Latron P is much better at taking out flying drones due to its bullet being hit-scan, which makes killing the rest of the stuff on the ground much easier.

5. Boltor's sustained dps is irrelevant because you'll run out of ammo anyway when you really have to use that sustained dps. Burst wise the two weapons are about the same.

6. Latron P is much better than Boltor P for boss fights due to its ammo efficiency. (Corrupted Vor, DDA)

Everyone says Boltor P is miles ahead of Latron P but I just can't think of a scenario when Boltor P is better. I don't mind using a semi-auto rifle so does that mean there's no reason for me to use a Boltor P over Latron P?

Edited by Saih1337

Boltor Prime is far easier to use than the latron. Point and spray with the boltor while you actually need to line up a shot with the Latron. It is way easier to use and as a result it gets used more than the latron. 

#oop

Also can't forget that you can start laying down massive hurt with only a couple formae(on Latron prime, if that wasn't clear)- wherein, people I know that've gone for boltor said it was only by about the fourth was there any noticeable difference between it and any other high-end rifle

Edited by KamijoTouma

It's pretty hard to calculate dps on burst fire weapons you know. But, it's close at least.

Anyways, I would choose Latron P over Boltor P for end game. Though, I would stick with my Dread, thank you.

its wrong for my hek and several other weapons too lol thats just an example

thats why i said, use it to compare builds on the same weapon but not weapon to weapon

Edited by Echoa

I'm a Boltor Prime user and what I do about ammo is I use a Rifle mutation mod, problem solved, but to be honest it's really all about play style plain and simple. That being said it's also the way this game is set up especially for defense and mobile defense missions, kill as many as you can as fast as you can, that's why bows are impractical to use on the above missions.