Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Mission - Golden Loot Balls Not Open?

CommodoX

Question

I'm doing a T1 Capture mission and in the room with the 2 golden balls in the ceiling one has loot in it (loot radar shows it).

But they don't open when firing at them. I stepped on the platform in the middle for activating.

Is there a time limit for shooting them? Do they only open short after stepping on the button and after that it's impossible to loot?

16 answers to this question

On 2014-09-22 at 6:45 PM, SpongyPenguin said:

In that large room, there is a circular panel in the very center of the room (down in the 'valley' area) that when stepped on for the first time will open only one of the two golden balls for a few seconds. Shoot the containers during this short time windows and the loot will fall to the floor below.

really? I've seen both open when you step on it. Not sure if it's a bug or...

You can break the containers whether or not the orbs are open, with with melee heavy slams, AoE or punch-through.

Then you can vacuum with proximity, or open the orbs, with the trap pressure plates, to drop stars.

The intended way was to open the orbs and quickly shoot the crates, but Warframe moved past that route very quickly.

I'd suggest just jumping up and slamming on them.

Edited by TheArcSet

Guys, look at the date.

But for what it's worth:

3 hours ago, Spoldozer said:

Years ago, void traps in general used to not always trigger all (or any of) their linked hidden walls, orbs, etc. Then at some point they changed/fixed it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Guys, look at the date.

But for what it's worth:

Years ago, void traps in general used to not always trigger all (or any of) their linked hidden walls, orbs, etc. Then at some point they changed/fixed it.

What makes me sad is the original poster hasn't logged in since 2016. Feels bad. Feels Star Trek GIF

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spoldozer said:

The pressure plate can be triggered only once and the treasure vaults close after a moment. The best tactic is to break containers with [spoiler] mode or Heavy attack slams first, then trigger the plate. Some resources can be looted through the surface when jumping against the vaults(after containers within have been broken).

8 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

The pressure plate can be triggered only once and the treasure vaults close after a moment. The best tactic is to break containers with [spoiler] mode or Heavy attack slams first, then trigger the plate. Some resources can be looted through the surface when jumping against the vaults(after containers within have been broken).

Aim an Ogris at them both. Then jump up so Vacuum can grab everything.

Oh that... Yeah You have to Step on The Plate in the centre of them room... this will cause no both Spheres to Roll open.... But then will Slam Shut again very Quickly....

If I remember correctly I used The Astilla to Smash open Those Crates causing The Mods to fall....

Conversely if you have Limbo... His Cataclysm can smash them open without the need to Open the Spheres...because he is GOD...

7 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

What makes me sad is the original poster hasn't logged in since 2016. Feels bad. Feels Star Trek GIF

I checked too.  They asked a question that no one answered,  (apparently there were answers but the forums didn't show them to me until just now when I came to check a reply to my comment.  They're displayed out of chronological order too.)  and then 7 years after they asked and 5 years after they stopped even coming to the forums someone finally answers.

I wonder if they still play and just don't come to the forums, or if they haven't seen the game in all this time.

Edited by (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan
  • Like 2

On 2014-09-23 at 12:45 AM, xlraistlx said:

They open and stay open like two seconds, then close, all the loot that drops from the containers you manage to break fall onto the floor and they remain closed afterwards.

Some times one or even both do not open at all.

I'm curious if they are going to get a email notification from this Thread being replied too 😱....

Is there a time limit for shooting them? Do they only open short after stepping on the button and after that it's impossible to loot?

They open and stay open like two seconds, then close, all the loot that drops from the containers you manage to break fall onto the floor and they remain closed afterwards.

Some times one or even both do not open at all.

Not all Death Orbs can be activated through buttons.

Some I think can't be activated once you have activated a certain switch.

Not talking about Death Orbs here.

Here is your answer:

In that large room, there is a circular panel in the very center of the room (down in the 'valley' area) that when stepped on for the first time will open only one of the two golden balls for a few seconds. Shoot the containers during this short time windows and the loot will fall to the floor below.

Warning! Stepping on the panel also activates the void traps in the area. This includes some void lasers and knockdown traps. Be sure to watch out for them when going to get the loot that dropped from the ceiling!

• Like 2