Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What This Game Needs Is Energy Weapons.

Makemap

I mean Corpus have them why can't we?

Also as suggested on the explosive weapons thread.

"Explosive munition module" Paris gets bonus becoming Explosive Arrow, but possibly minus its piercing abilities. Hit and blows multiple targets. This module doesn't work on Energy weapons.

Now on to Energy Weapons. There can be two types.

#1 Plasma rifles, sniper, pistol or shotgun. Just like Corpus, but could be different colour. Ability to charge shoot for plasma waste more clip shot for higher damage(only hits one person).

There should be some separate module for these energy weapons. Modules like increase charge speed or charge damage for Plasma weapon. As for modules like "Hornet strike" it works for energy weapons too. Energy weapon base weakness is shield unlike bullets(weapons we have now).

#2 Laser rifles, snipers, pistol and shotgun(shoots line of beams). This could be for new mobs/enemies too.

For Laser we can have "overheating modules" (reduce overheating). 

We can have modules like increase "Energy weapon maximum battery" the works for both Plasma and Laser(not bullets).

Ammunition:

Enemies will start dropping energy pack/battery for laser weapons(shared for all laser weapons, except laser pistol). Laser weapon doesn't require reload as it isn't clip based, but can over heat and have a maximum capacity.

For Plasma, the normal ammo drops we have now should share.

Edited by Makemap

The framework for player energy weapons would appear to be getting worked on already, both sentinels use energy weapons, further, the devs made it clear in the last live chat they would come at some point as will other weapons, sentinels and frames. Even during the short time I have been with the game this is the 5th/6th time this idea has been posted on the forums, the devs know people want more weapon types, we just have to give them the chance to work on them.

this game has energy weapons. just not in your hands... lol.

But I think the biggest prob now is how it will work with the ammo system. iow, it probably requires a lot of changes to the current (payer-centric) game mechanics.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is energy weapons having either a heat dissipation mechanic (Mass Effect's famous bug anyone? Funny how they went back to clips in Mass Effect 2) or a large capacity regenerating magazine. Yes we use dark energy weapons with unlimited power but you just can't use it all at once. (Stargate: Atlantis anyone?)

this game has energy weapons. just not in your hands... lol.

But I think the biggest prob now is how it will work with the ammo system. iow, it probably requires a lot of changes to the current (payer-centric) game mechanics.

Not really. Make new ammo types for energy rifles, and pistols (or just one for both) and then just make the guns different. Maybe something like the Shock Rifle from Unreal, though given that we don't have a dedicated alt fire, it would be "tap" vs "hold".

I'd love to have energy weapons.

HOWEVER, if they're going to use ammo like all the other guns right now, then it'd be best NOT to add yet ANOTHER different ammo type to pick up. Seriously, it's bad enough that we have 4 different types at the moment...

Edited by Braken