Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Power Nerds Suggestions

Seraphiam

Grammar,punctation be dammed im lazy ~

1.  on the mod screen a small horizontal bar with A-Z on it to quick find mods listed alphabetically by clicking

2. at the end of a survival mission or defence ect. the ability to press tab or assign a hot key to switch from leave/battle or make the entire left/right side of the screen be able to be clicked upon. For instance when in frosts globe its hard to see ur mouse 

3. the ability in controls/key mapping options to disable the occurrence  of wall running straight up letting go too quickly and flying backwards , most often falling out of bounds and losing buffs.  Could be replaced with the slow downward slide

4. with the ash blade storm bug of falling off the world ive a work around and possible suggestion on how to fix the work around being when u start at coordinate x1 y1 u sometimes come back to x0 y1 and fall off the world so in say tower def 1 for example only cast ur blade storm from the second floor and should the bug occur ull fall harmlessly to the 1st floor tested personally. and for a possible fix maybe assign the return value from x1 y1 to x2 y1 so u reappear at ur original spot a few inches off the ground so either u fall a bit and land fine or the bug places u perfectly on the ground never to fall out of the world and die again.

5. display options to make things such as the snow energy in snow globe, clouds of energy from nekros desecrate, transparency of shadows of the dead clones, kubrows, and other visual obrstructions, transparent or non/less  visible. im also aware one can make snow globes energy black to make it less obstructive but that makes players pay 75p to fix a visual annoyance heh

6. in the display options theres a single option to turn off affinity gained and dmg dealt but by turning both* off its hard to tell if uve downed a mob from a distance where as id personally prefer turn off the 100s of little dmg numbers and just keep the affinity numbers as death notifiers for greater graphical clarity.

7. many have complained of poor prize tables at higher rounds/waves giving low tier prizes but how about expanding the game for more challenge and entertainment, as it stands now free potatoes reactors/catalysts are free weekly in runs that many can simply be carried in to obtain, but say how about make those items from the harder places such as odd wave 50+ reactor 100+catalyst prizes pool ? i assure u most skilled* runs are about 30 waves then get  bored and take a forma but have wave 50/100 prizes would inspire greater team work and skill building and thus longer playtime rewards

8. Ability to buy/craft kubrow kennel for say 200-300 platinum or a few 100 rare drops argon,rubedo what have u that allows one to have 2-4 ideal 4 one of each breed active at a time with increased demand on on stablizers and bonus interactions for having a kennel would make players want to breed more have more fun as well, each kubrow is great for a certain mission type sunika capture,assassination,stalker ect, raksa for def/md , sahasha for exterminates survivals to hide and recuperate , and huras for when one doesnt wish to use loki for his invisiblity waiting 3hours between missions or paying 10p to rush is hardly a fun* choice and u could still make money on the 300p kennel instalation fee.

9. Crossbreeding kubrows with 1 random mod trait from each parent such as invisibility from huras with digging from sahasha and so on, lots more breeding and combos more people having more diversity,fun perhaps by some new prime genetic template and blasting thru plats on eggs and such.

10. maybe gamebreaking or game saving not sure may as well suggest it forma prime to change the slash/impact/puncture of a weapon from one to another would allow for far greater versatility in builds and so on ~

11. with the current way matchmaking works a person with a key may recruit, host a run then dc at launch thus causing all players there in to fail and mark on there records id like to suggest a 2min grace window to allow the new host to reinvite the key bearer back in and thus have more game play for people with fudgey connections

12. a platinum market item that one could purchase weekly/monthly that when in possession and hosting  would eliminate tier 1 and tier 2 prizes from tier 3 table lists some manor of prime hunter or what have you happy players getting what they want by pumping cash into the game and still free people have no quandries farming and arent forced to pay to win just a bit of a time saver ~

13. all 4 players can choose to leave or battle on in def/interception mission suggest making the clock go from 20secs to 3 secs if all 4 players agree on the same option

14. allow stacks of fusion cores and tower keys to be traded in dojo even stacks of 5/10 would b a huge help or to that end a platinum ranked item say rank 15 or so that would increase trade limit by 2x current rank 

Feel free to agree,disagree,discuss just dont care bout the grammars tho. and save some forum space by quoting my name or some of the bullet points not the endless wall of text 

Edited by Seraphiam

12. a platinum market item that one could purchase weekly/monthly that when in possession and hosting  would eliminate tier 1 and tier 2 prizes from tier 3 table lists some manor of prime hunter or what have you happy players getting what they want by pumping cash into the game and still free people have no quandries farming and arent forced to pay to win just a bit of a time saver ~ 

Good god all of my no. That would be terrible.

Good god all of my no. That would be terrible.

for numbah 12 and 10

10: So I could buy three Paris primes make one Slashing with Imapct for Corpus and the other for Puncture Slashing for Grineer void and last one is vanilla......Yeah why get a different weapon when I can just Forma this one to do what a different weapon already does......Nope would be a horror to balance if it happened

12:  So I can buy a mcguffin that allows me to only get T3 type rewards.....many I'll be swimming in rare parts, cores, and other stuff that should not be easily gained because I have disposable income.   No that would send WF straight into P2W where I can get ahead and make more platinum than the guy who's a free player and doesn't have the money to buy plats or time to farm for mods to sell.   Nah man nah

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

care to elaborate mr tiger?

Plat purchases should never give you a (massive) direct advantage like that. One of the things Warframe has been pretty good about is keeping the direct gameplay influence of plat relatively low, and it should stay that way as much as possible.

well its merely a suggestion and it could be crafted i suppose at a high rank of course 10 or so?

Well at MR10 is actually what most if not a majority of peeps have reached, so that becomes irrelevant and means any vet will have a distinct advantage over say a newbie in terms of getting items which would make the newbies feel like they can't do anything.

well shouldnt people that invest time and effort into a game not have an advantage over those who are new? as well newbies can pay DE some cash to have the same advantage without the time and thus benefit themselves and the game. Free to play can only exist with excessive advertisements or micro transactions ~ also theres more then just that suggestion let DE know if any of them would be popular,desired, or hated heh

Edited by Seraphiam

well shouldnt people that invest time and effort into a game not have an advantage over those who are new? as well newbies can pay DE some cash to have the same advantage without the time and thus benefit themselves and the game. Free to play can only exist with excessive advertisements or micro transactions ~ also theres more then just that suggestion let DE know if any of them would be popular,desired, or hated heh

That's a misconception.   F2P games that are heavily advertised or have a heavy reliance on M-T end up becoming things that are P2W games with little to no real value.

A good F2P game example is Maplestory, tons of things to do and most of the stuff in the item mall are cosmetics and a few buffs and only like three classes have cash-shop items needed.   Now along with that they allow one to get cash shop items via events of simple grinding, well all but cosmetic stuff.  Even then none of it is OP or Game changing. (though I do love the weapon skins).  Been going on for almost 8+ yrs and very rarely do I see it in adds or people talk about it.

Why? Because it developed a fanbase along with a reputation.   Now you can argue that it's cause Nexon knows it's their cash cow, yet they have many good games

Atlantica for those who like that RTS thing, A few shooters.  DN(kinda bad), Vindictus(now here's a game that knows and owns melee) among a few face book and app games. 

I myself have been playing Nexon games since '08 back when I was a beginning PC Gamer and I have seen my fair share of F2P games go down the drain due to mismanagement or over-advertising that ends up biting a game in the arse.  Worse off are games that are too held up on making a profit that it becomes no fun seeing that paying is better than playing.

On the advantage part I feel the mods and weapons we vets have already set us miles beyond what a newbie can do, adding that whole free rares makes it out to that DE only cares about vets or makes newbies think that buying that pack is the only way to go if they wanna get ahead in life.

Not a good thing to do.  A good example of F2P done right so far is WF and maybe P.O.E though I am not a diablo-esque fan.   Adding that whole free rares for cash option would throw that notion out the window and make peeps think DE just wants cash when they want to make something that'll hopefully last years to come.  By the gods I hope it does, I want to show my kids this game and tell them it's what got me through college and my honeymoon(don't tell my gf that, she'd kill me)   Not say, it was a great game but somewhere something went wrong and now it's a memory.

Great Gaim made me have emotions.......Curse you EP 46/47 of KR Gaim why you have to finish!!!!

Maplestory heh cubes were introduced and now its about 3000~5000$ in cubes/protection scrolls/shielding wards ect if u want to do any endgame raids otherwise you could use the mts and slowly gain nx over say 5 years at 10 cents per transaction? but if ur trying to play maplestory for free i hope u enjoy sitting in town and talking cause ull not be raiding. A non cash user in maplestory will do 50,000dmg per atk where as the cash user will do 50,000,000 dmg without exagerating.   And i suggest micro transactions akin to what DE is already doing either cosmetic or time saving nothing that makes it pay to win as it would also be craftable at the appropriate rank thusly rewarding players for investing time or game sustaining plats. 

I myself don't mind hanging around town and chatting with friends. Its kinda what I do there same with Mabinogi. Though I think maybe adding a mod booster would be great then peeps could run that with 3 other people (resource boosters stack when in groups so having both x4 is awesome :d) but straight up altering mission rewards not so much. With that said most of your options cater to the vets who have nothing to do. Which is good and bad.

Good cause it gives us stuff to do, bad cause a game should never focus end game only. A balance of all stages of the game is needed to continually attract new players and encourage people to buy platinum, not because they need to but because they want to.

(Spent close to $600 on WF this year)

Well one has to view the subject thusly, a player spends 10% of his journey in my case for example 3 weeks getting frames,mods,gear then the last 90% of his time playing in "endgame"  farming keys, prime sets, buying/trading platinum. Endgame is untill u quit so for all intensive purposes forever nubbing around is only at the start of you journey. if you want to entice, cater to new players a far more intensive story/quest mode would be a start as well abolishing taxis and forcing players to go thru the story mode to unlock all nodes/planets and thus earning alert prizes and staying/playing/investing more into the game~

As for spending ive spent about 5$ so far totaly play time of about 1 month have a nice 11 frames very nice gear/mods and made around 13m credits and maybe 500 platinum? my contribution to the game being i can no life farm rare drops for platinum buyers to buy and be happy, a symbiotic relationship heh

Edited by Seraphiam

They have phased out taxis to where unless you unlock the node yourself you can keep the node.if someone else.invited you to the run. Though the quest/story driven stuff is something EVERYONE wants since we got Vor's Prize.....I myself remember my first day.....they were dark days....No Lotus no!!!!! *'Nam flashbacks*....

Anywho what was I saying. Oh yeah I took my time spent most of my first months figuring things out at well mostly loving the stuff be it so basic (every node was a corpus ship, grineer and Corpus spoke English and all of them used braton as their weapons and Lotus sounded just like Rebecca does though I think I used to call Lotus mama....don't know why. But.moral of the story? Game has changes majorly since I began. Trust me we all felt it was the end of WF when trading was added but then we all moved on. Now we just feel they need moar lore and moar quests and something to stop rushers. Also to never sell your Boar cause thing is as rare as a black african rhino.

From the few dozen or so odd's ive been in ur avg player caps out around 25-30.  what i dont particularly like is that from waves 15~300 is just re-rolling the same prize pool over and over.  A modest change in either tiered rotation or say less t1/2 rotation prizes in t3 as u ascend waves would b a lot more pleasant. And id still argue that getting to wave 100 is a trite bit more difficult then getting carried thru a weekly alert in 2-3mins .