Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting: An Unsticking Command For People Who Spawn Outside The Map Or Under The Map

DaganEldr

A bit of a rant for my first legitimate post in the forums, I guess, but anyway, yeah. I've been playing Warframe for a couple of years now, mainly as Loki. I love the game, but there are so many things that make me grit my teeth. OBVIOUS things like that one problem everyone complains about.

No unstuck.

Gatecrash mission, Phobos, kill Grineer woman with key, get stuck in the process. Incapable  of using any abilities, can't fire, melee, anything. Lose 2 lives in the process of trying to escape because Grineer keep firing at me and I can't use powers to fend them off.

/Ragequit

I know this might fall into more of a 'feedback'/bug report feel, but I need to blow some steam on this problem, as it ALWAYS happens when I REALLY don't need it to. :|

And I personally think a good way to solve it would be implementing some kind of warp point in the maps that can be accessed by the pause menu, with the exception of using it to cheat things like boss fights/stalker/assassin encounters. Ya know, scenarios in-game that could override it, maybe even in an immersive, level-atmospheric manner, like say, if the map gets distorted, you can't use it. Of course, with the latter bit, THAT would be debatable. For issues like this DURING those kinds of encounters, I'd say a more simplified override that simply moves you a few steps over (provided you survive long enough) could be added to some kind of temporary script, if possible, until those encounters are over (AND you survive them).

BUT that's just the thoughts I have on it. What about you guys? Do you think unstuck should be added? I personally think it would save a LOT of pain.

(Edit: As I've noticed with some comments, I think I've been assumed as a male. For reference's sake, this is not the case.) :P

(Edit 2:Well, now that the moderators have both moved this from General Discussion, AND changed the title of it, hopefully it makes a little sense now, even though it wasn't necessarily about being stuck under or outside of the map in my eyes, but rather for the main point of being able to warp to a prior area if an animation script breaks like it did with me. Ah well, the main point is still there. Onward!)

Now that time has passed, I see that it has been added. Thank you so much, DE! I'm happy you've considered this!

Edited by DaganEldr

They want to find where players get stuck, so send a report with a screenshot if you have one.

WE are the quality control here. WE need to find and report these problems.

They will add an unstuck feature someday. But not anytime soon.

Yup. People would only use the unstuck feature and never actually report the bugs.

They want to find where players get stuck, so send a report with a screenshot if you have one.

WE are the quality control here. WE need to find and report these problems.

They will add an unstuck feature someday. But not anytime soon.

I think my 'stuck' moment was more of an action based glitch rather than location, unfortunately. And I don't know if a screencap would really do anything for that. I'm fairly new to the forums as well, so it may be a ridiculous question, as I'm pretty sure they do, but do bug reports have a specific location in the forums? (REALLY not a big forum user here. :x)

I think my 'stuck' moment was more of an action based glitch rather than location, unfortunately. And I don't know if a screencap would really do anything for that. I'm fairly new to the forums as well, so it may be a ridiculous question, as I'm pretty sure they do, but do bug reports have a specific location in the forums? (REALLY not a big forum user here. :x)

Not in the forums, no.

Community> Support from the main webpage.

Then 'Submit a request'

Report your problem. Try to be as specific as you can. It helps a lot.

Sometimes you can find fixes or workarounds. Sometimes not.

Not THE best interface I have ever used for feedback, but it works.

Not in the forums, no.

Then 'Submit a request'

Thank you very much. :) I appreciate it.

Not in the forums, no.

Then 'Submit a request'

thats the weirdest system i have ever heard, this is not an occasional bug, thy can fix thousands of places you can get stuck at and they will have millions left, his idea is great and can sve this problem easily, so why do you think he should take a pic everytime he gets stuck? That will be too much work for the developers and the players

thats the weirdest system i have ever heard, this is not an occasional bug, thy can fix thousands of places you can get stuck at and they will have millions left, his idea is great and can sve this problem easily, so why do you think he should take a pic everytime he gets stuck? That will be too much work for the developers and the players

Haha. :) If it's not a permanent solution, I think it would really help in keeping players at bay from clipping error rants while the devs work on fixing them. But of course, I wouldn't complain if that could be added as a permafix.

(Also, for correctional/reference's sake, I'm a 'she'. :P Haha)

There is two places on the forums where posting more info will help us fix this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/22-maps-levels/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/11-general/

In general there is two ways to get stuck, purely cause of game environment (e.g. getting stuck between two rocks) and then interacting with it (e.g. stealth kill animation popping you into terrain etc).

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can. For this we need screenshots and as detailed a description of what happened. Thanks for your efforts and sorry for the inconvenience.

In general there is two ways to get stuck, purely cause of game environment (e.g. getting stuck between two rocks) and then interacting with it (e.g. stealth kill animation popping you into terrain etc).

Yup this happens waaaay too often for me when using valkyr with paralysis, to be frank i dunno how you could fix this one with no unstuck button or autokill.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

There is two places on the forums where posting more info will help us fix this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/22-maps-levels/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/11-general/

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can. For this we need screenshots and as detailed a description of what happened. Thanks for your efforts and sorry for the inconvenience.

2 things

1: This should be your avatar

240px-Karpfen.png

Favorite mabi NPC. Shes absolutely epic on the battlefield

<3 Karpfen

B:

Finisher bug made me cry

If i wasnt trapped wedve gone so much further...

OR they could gather the coordinates where someone typed /stuck in the chat ........ automatic screenshot involved.

I can program that (without the screenshot feature) in 5 minutes ...

OR they could gather the coordinates where someone typed /stuck in the chat ........ automatic screenshot involved.

I don't want to put words in their mouth, but I think it encourages active community participation, as opposed to passive participation.

That's definitely another pretty useful idea, but yet again, there are certain circumstances where you have to have time to type it. My idea's got this problem in the form of getting to the pause menu in time. It could get a little tricky.

It makes me wonder if the animation freezing up like that means a script it relied on has broken. It's undoubtedly SOME kind of script error, but I have no clue how to even piece together the basics of scripting yet, so correct my stupidity if this sequence so happens to have it:

Say someone goes with the idea of the warp point, but in order to keep people from abusing it/using it to cheat, it can only be accessed once a script stops responding. I'm personally not sure if this idea is even possible in the least bit, but if it is, that'd be great too.

I was under the impression DE didn't want an unstuck button?

You're correct, which is why I came up with the idea I had. It might be a form of it, but at the same time, if they could use it as a way to quell player's rages while they work on the area the player got stuck in. It wouldn't necessarily mask bugs either, as players could still file some kind of report on it, or even screen cap it and send it in too. Or, like CommodoX's idea. It would save a lot of stress (aside from the flurry of bugs they'd be getting reports of).

This. I cant recall it exactly, but there was a Devstream where they did say it wouldnt be implemented for fear of abuse.

I can understand it, but at the same time, that's why I came up with the idea I had-- ways to prevent players cheating out the game by using it, such as, say, the Stalker completely overriding the ability to use it, and some way to incorperate boss fight scripts into overriding it as well.

Dragon nest and blade and soul both have it with a 30 minute cooldown timer. So the idea of it being an exploit is'nt really a concern for those games that already have it. Rappelz has summon scrolls (cash shop accesory).

i've been in places where the map didnt load at a door or part of a map didnt load fully. (walk into a blackspot that is still loading and bam) youre stuck. proceed to the menu exit to try your mission again.

Another  time i was doing a melee combo just infront of a terminal in a corpus mobile defence mission and got stuck right infront of it. I'll understand them not having a command in beta. But come release they better because there is no way they can predict a player getting stuck due to a mapload issue or movement bug related to combo'ing, infested knockback knockdown or pull.

There was one time today where an ancient pulled through a wall for a good 15-20 seconds. Making my camera flicker like mad against the wall.

Dragon nest and blade and soul both have it with a 30 minute cooldown timer. So the idea of it being an exploit is'nt really a concern for those games that already have it. Rappelz has summon scrolls (cash shop accesory).

i've been in places where the map didnt load at a door or part of a map didnt load fully. (walk into a blackspot that is still loading and bam) youre stuck. proceed to the menu exit to try your mission again.

Another  time i was doing a melee combo just infront of a terminal in a corpus mobile defence mission and got stuck right infront of it. I'll understand them not having a command in beta. But come release they better because there is no way they can predict a player getting stuck due to a mapload issue or movement bug related to combo'ing, infested knockback knockdown or pull.

There was one time today where an ancient pulled through a wall for a good 15-20 seconds. Making my camera flicker like mad against the wall.

Those are all brilliant ideas. I don't understand why they don't incorperate them in some manner. There's not much of a way a cooldown timer can be exploited, and as long as they aren't warping in or out of a large-scale, time-sensitive area (such as the time-sensitive terrain warps in Gatecrash), you'd have to be REALLY unlucky to encounter the same bug within 30 minutes. So I could definitely support that.

I can understand it, but at the same time, that's why I came up with the idea I had-- ways to prevent players cheating out the game by using it, such as, say, the Stalker completely overriding the ability to use it, and some way to incorperate boss fight scripts into overriding it as well.

I agree with you completely. I too would VERY much like an /unstuck function in the game, and personally even find that punishing all Beta Testers by not adding it is less professional then penalizing Beta Testers who DO abuse it.

Edited by Dogoframe

well, in-game bug report from commands is something i have been thinking for a long time, even told [DE]Glen about it. ofcourse it would be a challenge in it self just to script all this, and to keep it functional and bugs free is another rock in the way. But i believe that live in-game simple bug reporting could help a lot. yet, can you imagine the amount of feedback the live bug report system would provide? i dont think there are enough DE's to handle al that info. so they gonna have to dev another srcipt to sort all that info for them.

so in a real quick thought, i think it as i type it.

F7 and then F6 to take a Sreenshot ready to send.

then type:

/Lbr level/stuck

or

/Lbr level/AI/stuck.
/Lbr level/hole

this auto sends the screenshot with your ee.log to DE. Lbr= live bug report. what you type after /lbr is for DE servers to sort the bug report in categories. you need to press F7 in order for the live bug report system to activate, new chat tab, type commands. if there is not Screenshot to be taken skip F6, and it will only send ee.log.

so yes, typing all this from memory might not be that simple but im quite sure i'd rather have it this way than alt+tab the game, go to forums, start a thread, type the info, upload screenshot, etc.

now the only thing left to do is find a way to clean up all the troll live bug reports, cos trust me, there will be troll live bug reports.