Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting: An Unsticking Command For People Who Spawn Outside The Map Or Under The Map

DaganEldr

Prior to U14, getting stuck wasn't really that common. Sure, it could happen, but you really had to do something really extreme to get stuck.

Now, everywhere I go, I seem to get stuck all the time. There are places where I can duplicate it, time after time after time.

A /unstuck option would be much welcome. It could even have a cool down (5-10) minutes added to it. Since I don't think this can be ironed out completely.

There is two places on the forums where posting more info will help us fix this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/22-maps-levels/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/11-general/

In general there is two ways to get stuck, purely cause of game environment (e.g. getting stuck between two rocks) and then interacting with it (e.g. stealth kill animation popping you into terrain etc).

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can. For this we need screenshots and as detailed a description of what happened. Thanks for your efforts and sorry for the inconvenience.

So put a system into the game to help us do this!

A lot of people I know don't have a clue they need to post on the forums, and even then all of my posts are never seen.

A simple 'bug report' feature in the game will help streamline this incredibly, so much as to sending data on where and how they even got in there.

Maybe then I will consider that a reason to not have an /unstuck command (rather than, "we wont give you this feature to easily fix a bug because we want you to leave the game and post somewhere we might not see that a lot of players don't even know exists"). And even then there are ways to implement it with the reporting feature, and put in some requirements like a random count down timer before it respawns you and times you can run it per mission to prevent it from being exploited.

I have failed many missions because of this lacking feature and lost a lot of good loot after long defense/survivals

Edited by cam-o-flage20

I guarantee DE that they will get more information from an unstuck command that reports coordinates then they will by forcing people to manually report it. Why? I doubt 99% of people bother to report it.

I never bother to report anything. I'm sorry, but I'm a customer, not a beta tester. You can call an apple a stick, doesn't make it a stick. It's an apple. This "beta" has been out for over a year now. This game has a fully functioning cashshop that constantly gets updates with new weapons and items that are NOT released simply for testing purposes. This game has exclusive date restricted events! You don't hold exclusive events in your game that "isn't released yet"! Does DE have any sort of roadmap to release? You can't tell me with a straight face that Archwing was planned all along. You don't design additional gameplay elements and tack them on in beta phase. Beta are for smoothing out functionality, not for tacking on whatever designers come up with that would be a cool addition.

This game is beta in name only. Period.

the space combat concept, in this case through archwing, was meant to be in the game since the year 2000. yes, 2000. same with hubs. read more about the game, it has an amazing background and history. i will not post any links. if you are interested in learning all these things i invite you to research as i did. plus, i dont post the links out of respect to DE.

This is not your regular free 2 play game, thats another thing you would know if you were more involved with the game. DE wants to build the game with the community and its feedback. nova is one example, kubrows are another.

The fact that there are items for sell is to keep the game and the company growing. money moves the world, what can we do. the events and the items you can get from playing them are also for testing. if you didnt notice every event is to introduce a new tileset and game mode, most of which stays for good. event items will be released sooner or later, they are not exclusive and are more like a reward for your efforts. Beyond cosmetics, there are no items hiding behind cash, and all of them you can get by playing the game. only founder items are exclusives and will remain out of reach, and i think it is totaly justified.

To have a built in report system does not force anyone to actively report anything. to have the unstuck system that auto reports bugs is, since you cant unstuck your character without reporting the bug. and as you said, you are only a customer, you dont want to beta test.

if you'd rather just play and dont participate with the evolution of the game it is perfectly fine and nobody will point fingers at you.

we are not trying to mask things with the beta "shield", but keep in mind that 99% of the games do their beta testing in-house and with the windows closed. in order to build a game like warframe, you need to think out of the box.

Edited by locojuan

There is two places on the forums where posting more info will help us fix this:

In general there is two ways to get stuck, purely cause of game environment (e.g. getting stuck between two rocks) and then interacting with it (e.g. stealth kill animation popping you into terrain etc).

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can. For this we need screenshots and as detailed a description of what happened. Thanks for your efforts and sorry for the inconvenience.

I most definitely agree that yes, we, as the beta testers, have an obligation to inform you, the developers, of anything that is wrong with the game in as much detail as possible so you can at the very least attempt to fix the issue in question.

However, what I disagree with here is while we indeed should be telling you guys about these bugs, there is the rare case where we simply have no choice but to restart the mission when getting stuck, and in some cases (ie a long survival) we may have found (insert rare mod here) that we've been looking for for a while. In situations like this, putting a "!stuck" command or the like into chat would be a great step forward. A suggestion for this would be to automatically screenshot and upload whenever a player uses this command so that whomever is in charge of map design immediately is informed "Hey, there's X thing on Y map getting players stuck and it's in Z location."

There is two places on the forums where posting more info will help us fix this:[/size]

In general there is two ways to get stuck, purely cause of game environment (e.g. getting stuck between two rocks) and then interacting with it (e.g. stealth kill animation popping you into terrain etc).[/size]

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can. For this we need screenshots and as detailed a description of what happened. Thanks for your efforts and sorry for the inconvenience.[/size]

There is two places on the forums where posting more info will help us fix this:[/size]

In general there is two ways to get stuck, purely cause of game environment (e.g. getting stuck between two rocks) and then interacting with it (e.g. stealth kill animation popping you into terrain etc).[/size]

We are in beta still, we rely on your guys reports to iron out as many issues as we can. For this we need screenshots and as detailed a description of what happened. Thanks for your efforts and sorry for the inconvenience.[/size]

Logic connections are lacking. Where does it say we stop reporting because there is a helpful fix that will reduce inconvenience for the time being? Why does that have to stop you from including such a helpful feature? We need it and we won't stop bug reports just because yoy include such a feature. Besides; do you even have enough staff to read every single map bug report, let alone enough to fix each and every single one of them

Edited by Cemges

I guarantee DE that they will get more information from an unstuck command that reports coordinates then they will by forcing people to manually report it. Why? I doubt 99% of people bother to report it.

I never bother to report anything. I'm sorry, but I'm a customer, not a beta tester. You can call an apple a stick, doesn't make it a stick. It's an apple. This "beta" has been out for over a year now. This game has a fully functioning cashshop that constantly gets updates with new weapons and items that are NOT released simply for testing purposes. This game has exclusive date restricted events! You don't hold exclusive events in your game that "isn't released yet"! Does DE have any sort of roadmap to release? You can't tell me with a straight face that Archwing was planned all along. You don't design additional gameplay elements and tack them on in beta phase. Beta are for smoothing out functionality, not for tacking on whatever designers come up with that would be a cool addition.

This game is beta in name only. Period.

I've had it happen far too many times to report it. Rather than report it I usually get frustrated and stop playing if I've lost something because of it.

This is something that has existed since the beginning. I've gotten stuck in the void and that was before are keys got destroyed for abandoning the mission. Still I'll admit being a little angry about that change.

If you're going to implement a change like that I really would like you to actually fix the whole getting stuck thing first...

Not all missions are going to be fixed if I report I'm stuck either. Survival and defense missions are time sensitive. What am I going to do waiting for that ticket to go through? Just sitting here watching my life support and everything vanish because the map decided it wanted me to be stuck under a piece of rock.

This. I cant recall it exactly, but there was a Devstream where they did say it wouldnt be implemented for fear of abuse.

Abusus non tollit usum.

Abuse does not invalidate use. It is incredibly absurd how DE is afraid that a minority will abuse /unstuck and thus decides that nobody should have it, even if it will be for the greater good.It is like if someone starts going above the speed limit in a highway, we ban all cars, every single one of them to prevent speeding.

As has been mentioned multiple times, it would be incredibly easy to design a system that isn't abusable. If it were time restricted and used the Item respawn nodes, the only way it could be "abused" is if someone were to stand still for a period of time, in which case it would almost certainly be faster to just go to where you wanted in the first place.

Or auto unstuck: game checks your input data and makes an analysis of your deplacement if you remain immobile for too long: like checking for afk, but trough hosts pc. Users can report to host pc a matter of immobility / other mission problems, then makes an image of current mission progress, reestablishes a host and places everyone in a safe zone. This could also be initiated with majority vote

Another idea; every unstuck voted successfully auto reports WAR file. There are so many smart implementations, if DE were willing and open to suggestion.

Edit: or it could ask you in UI whether to report it or not, as to not send multiple of them, limit it for a time limit too, and then also take a screenshot automatically, report whereabouts and mission type and WAR file altogether, as to provide useful information, and include a comment bar in case player choses to elaborate the issue.

Edited by Cemges

Finally got back to reading a lot of these ideas, and a lot of them I like. I can agree with those that say this game is in no way, shape, or form any remnant of 'beta'. With an online, functioning cash shop, big time updates/events being released before the supposed 'beta' title is even removed? Most games in beta mode of ANY form usually don't even THINK about cash shops or big time events until they're stable enough to be official.

Long story short, those who are motivated to go to the forums with screenshots could still do so. If they're not going to add an unstuck, they need to DEFINITELY add in-game bug reporting. It wouldn't hurt anything, and it's not really something you can 'cheat'. They could even use ESO's method that includes a screenshot WITH the bug report. I'm unsure of how many games do that, but I'm sure people here get the point.

I just think that warp points would be an interesting thing to add to quell some frustration, wasted money, and could somehow even be fun if immersion is incorporated in some manner (Boss fight=Lotus letting you know there is no 'escaping this battle', or that whatever one would decide to name the warp points would currently be impossible to transfer to due to intense combat, etc.) It could actually be fun, and a decent way to satisfy a player's anger every time they gain decent loot in a game, and for once, WON'T have to lose it due to a bug that can EASILY be fixed by a warp point/unstuck. It's an all around gain, in my opinion.

And when someone DOES have to use the warp point due to a bug, why not add an automatic bug report option? It would be another handy way to sift out those who abuse the use by clicking 'do not report' too many times.

Finally got back to reading a lot of these ideas, and a lot of them I like. I can agree with those that say this game is in no way, shape, or form any remnant of 'beta'. With an online, functioning cash shop, big time updates/events being released before the supposed 'beta' title is even removed? Most games in beta mode of ANY form usually don't even THINK about cash shops or big time events until they're stable enough to be official.

Star citizen. pre alfa. check it out.

Warfame was thought from the beggining to be an ever expanding universe, with weekly updates and constant additions, many of which are meant to come from the community. The fact that there is payed content does not change the beta state by no means. it is one way the game can gather some money and be, not only profitable, but self sustained. how do you suggest we test all these systems (cash shop included) of constant additions works fluidly other than adding new content if not while in beta? who is to test what content is to stay for the final version if not us?? the beta title might not be an excuse for certain issues like needing payed revives to escape a bug, but the cash shop doesnt give us an excuse to "demand" certain things either.

so, we are kinda mixing the points here. beta or not, the thread here is about an unstuck function to work around tilesets issues. this issues need to be erradicated no matter what. trying to justify that the game isnt beta cos this or that, does not change the fact that it is still unfinished and that it needs to be polished, neither it changes the fact that the unstuck function could come more than just handy. so with this points being stated, lets plz stick to the subject and provide ideas on how to implement this function. If DE is interested in providing such a feature, they will do so eventualy. If they dont, then we wait until they decide is time to go final, and then and only then we "demand" solutions for this kind of bugs.

If you dont agree with the beta title, i invite you to read the Eula again. And remember, the items that you can buy on the market with real money, are in no way related with getting stuck in a map. when you first start playing the game, you have all you need for free. even 50 plats are given as a gift. you dont need to buy anything to progress and get stuck in a map lol.

i hope this beta or not thing is settled (you could start a new thread for that subject if not) and that we can continue on with the OT subject. Lets avoid derailment and consecutive lock down, shall we?

Star citizen. pre alfa. check it out.

Warfame was thought from the beggining to be an ever expanding universe, with weekly updates and constant additions, many of which are meant to come from the community. The fact that there is payed content does not change the beta state by no means. it is one way the game can gather some money and be, not only profitable, but self sustained. how do you suggest we test all these systems (cash shop included) of constant additions works fluidly other than adding new content if not while in beta? who is to test what content is to stay for the final version if not us?? the beta title might not be an excuse for certain issues like needing payed revives to escape a bug, but the cash shop doesnt give us an excuse to "demand" certain things either.

so, we are kinda mixing the points here. beta or not, the thread here is about an unstuck function to work around tilesets issues. this issues need to be erradicated no matter what. trying to justify that the game isnt beta cos this or that, does not change the fact that it is still unfinished and that it needs to be polished, neither it changes the fact that the unstuck function could come more than just handy. so with this points being stated, lets plz stick to the subject and provide ideas on how to implement this function. If DE is interested in providing such a feature, they will do so eventualy. If they dont, then we wait until they decide is time to go final, and then and only then we "demand" solutions for this kind of bugs.

If you dont agree with the beta title, i invite you to read the Eula again. And remember, the items that you can buy on the market with real money, are in no way related with getting stuck in a map. when you first start playing the game, you have all you need for free. even 50 plats are given as a gift. you dont need to buy anything to progress and get stuck in a map lol.

i hope this beta or not thing is settled (you could start a new thread for that subject if not) and that we can continue on with the OT subject. Lets avoid derailment and consecutive lock down, shall we?

(Don't get me wrong, like I said, I love Warframe. I know even released games have bugs and such, but I think what really got me into the subject of the cash shop is how people have wasted paid lives because of bugs. I'm not mad at the Devs for creating a cash shop, but if they're going to create a cash shop, they should find a way to take care of the bugs that could intervene with lives a player paid for.

Secondly, I didn't realize right away that the thread has been moved to Feedback despite the fact that I wanted a little space to freely converse, hence why it's original placement was in the General Discussion.)

Aside from that, that's why I switched back to the subject this post pertains to, such as unstuck, or at the very least, the whole idea of in-game bug report.

Edited by DaganEldr

thanks for the clarification. you are not the one who started the beta debate so dont worry. as you can see i am deeply inlove with the game and the devs hahahaha. so i tend to jump out of my chair when i read anything that might seem like an attack. sorry about that, i get touchy lol.

And yes, now that we are clear and as i stated before, paid revives wasted on bugs is a big issue and should be addressed asap. despite that revives get a reset every 24hs, it still needs a fix. i dont see why someone should have to buy new revives while playing normaly just cos one had to use them to get out of a bug. any bug situation that requires money/plat to be resolved needs to change. that goes for kubrows too. while intereactions do not require plat, they are very poor and should not count when your kubrow died because of a bug or glitch. although, kubrows are working much better now.

stuck on a bugged blade storm is a good example. by the time you submit a ticket regarding the plat you wasted to get out of it, your revives are lost and you might have needed them for normal situations. plus, this only makes the support team even more overloaded.

so:
1-how does the game knows when you died because of a bug?
2-how can devs trust that the bug you reported was the cause of death without a support ticket and EE.log?

3-by the time your report is seen, your revives might have been reseted, so no point in sending it.
4-with the above mentioned taken into consideration. how can DE insta-repay for revives wasted on bugs?

5-which is the lesser of two evil? to use man power to repay for wasted revives? or to use man power to develop a system that does that automaticaly? (i'd say last one)
6-how can devs encourage players to report bugs, whether in-game report or forum report, without violating any terms of agreement? (read pay per bug reported. i'd take a t4 key or R5 FC anytime lol)

7- how can devs ensure that an unstuck command or function will not be used as an exploit?
8- we simply report bugs as much as we can and wait for the devs to get rid of all this bugs eventually.

Easy questions to ask, but none of these are easy tasks.

To force a bug report into the unstuck command is to force players to report bugs. Yet, there is something in exchange for both players and devs. whether or not this function would be between the boundaries of legal agreement is beyond my knowledge on the matter. perhaps a staff member could throw some light on the subject.

Edited by locojuan

They want to find where players get stuck, so send a report with a screenshot if you have one.

WE are the quality control here. WE need to find and report these problems.

They will add an unstuck feature someday. But not anytime soon.

So... Unstuck that automatically logs where it was used (complete with tile id and player position in the tile) would be too much to ask?

I don't want to put words in their mouth, but I think it encourages active community participation, as opposed to passive participation.

Yes because being stuck every few meters because of poor map design will definitely improve my willingness for active community participation. I really hope they never said anything like that because it's just plain stupid. Day dreaming at best.

If this game would be a real beta game, you know without 126$ cash shop bundles for 2 years now I would be willing to report some.

But I won't do their job without a reward.

No, being less stuck is no reward. Bugs reported from 1 up to 2 years ago are still not fixed so I don't care

Apologies for the rather late reply. :P Yes, I can see what you mean. It might not be simple, but if they could do something like that, especially if it multitasked somehow, I think it could benefit both sides.

I wonder if there's a way to boot up an idle prompt to act in the same way a session timeout does or something... Hmm...

Also, first they move my topic from GD, then they change the name. /Sigh Just noticed that.

What gives? Oh well. Anyway, I best stay on topic.

But yeah, if there were some way of implementing an automatic prompt of some kind, it could be useful, but how and when would be the tricky part there.

Before I joined the design side of things I was in QA for over 6 years (not at DE). 4 of that as Manager and one of my main tasks was to set up a auto bug report feature like this for various beta tests. Let me make this very clear: Auto Bug Reporting (under which an unstuck would fall) is very situational and by far not as useful as you think.

Especially for level bugs us designers rely on user input. Ok, fine, I now have a screenshot of some sorts, with map coords that make sense if I am lucky. Cool. I still have no idea what exactly happened, how to reproduce the problem and you know the best part? The vast majority of people (usually over 80% from past experience) when confronted with a text input field upon using something like /bug or /stuck will never put anything in that field! So now I am none the wiser after crawling through 8 million screenshots without any info, I wasted a lot of dev time and I couldn't fix anything.

I understand everyone's frustration about this but when you ask for solutions don't storm to something that isn't that much of a saviour as you would think.

The question then becomes if the doubtful efficacy of an auto-report function (which is not core to the concept of an unstuck function) negates the pros of having an unstuck function. This then leads us to compare the rates at which Warframe players report bugs without an unstuck function to fall back on to the rates at which reports are submitted with an unstuck function. I'm certain the problem with this comparison is clear, as is the validity of points founded upon such a non-existent comparison.

However, last I recall, Scott had already shot this idea down, which leaves the chance of it being implemented rather slim in any case.

Edited by SilentCynic