Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting: An Unsticking Command For People Who Spawn Outside The Map Or Under The Map

DaganEldr

Mandatory text fields are bad in bug reports... Unless we are just talking about categories. What I am saying is that people tend to type meaningless or junk text (one of the original complaints behind an automatic bug report tool), and there are ways to ensure that the devs can reduce how much meaningless or junk text they have to sift through, and It wouldn't (based on my knowledge of programming) be very hard to create. And, as a bonus, THIS WOULD NOT DELETE OR REMOVE ANY DATA. Filters in a database simply selectively hide unwanted data, but this is only temporary. This would not remove or hide usefull data, just the junk or unwanted text, like someone facerolling the keyboard.

I see, so (as referenced earlier, I believe,) kind of like a detection bot of sorts? You might be talking about something entirely different, of course, but that's the most simplified  trick that comes to mind for me.

I see, so (as referenced earlier, I believe,) kind of like a detection bot of sorts? You might be talking about something entirely different, of course, but that's the most simplified  trick that comes to mind for me.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

I do suppose I could have worded it better. Forgive me. I was barely awake when I replied. Haha.

What I was talking about was more or less something of a bot that would help sift senseless rabble to save Devs time on reading what matters and what doesn't.

Is that what you're talking about when you referred to filters of some type?

Kind of. Some piece of computer software (bot, program, whatever) that would hide junk and stuff from bug reports. Doesn't remove the junk, as you could see it in the database software if you wished, but at least you wouldn't have to look at it. And it would still have the player's name attached, so any abuse could still be dealt with.

Kind of. Some piece of computer software (bot, program, whatever) that would hide junk and stuff from bug reports. Doesn't remove the junk, as you could see it in the database software if you wished, but at least you wouldn't have to look at it. And it would still have the player's name attached, so any abuse could still be dealt with.

I see what you mean. :) Yeah, it would most certainly help.

I wonder how far Killerkarpfen has gotten with asking for the resources for possibly seeing if someone could work on this. I wish I could help somehow. :| But I'm certainly not going to be impatient about this. Haha.

I know it used to be said quite often that unstuck needed to be in the game but I feel as though with every new content dump there are bugs (old and new) that can completely cripple a players experience and we should all push for getting a bug report tied to an unstuck function.

I mean seriously I tried to do the new alert 3 times two times solo then just ended up going in a group and this old fairly well known bug still happens on Ash.  Three times in just this one mission even.

I really hope I'm not the only person who'd really like to see unstuck fix a lot of problems with animation lock-ups and getting stuck on map tiles.

I've gotten stuck under walls, in walls, under floors. Hell, my friend that I introduced the game too got stuck in some railings. We had a good laugh because it took like 5 minutes of shouting at him to try different things to get out. He got out, but still, a /stuck function would be nice. Especailly for players that get stuck using blade storm.

I've gotten stuck under walls, in walls, under floors. Hell, my friend that I introduced the game too got stuck in some railings. We had a good laugh because it took like 5 minutes of shouting at him to try different things to get out. He got out, but still, a /stuck function would be nice. Especially for players that get stuck using blade storm.

Absolutely I understand that they'd like us to report bugs so they can fix them but we have lots of things that they just haven't fixed in many updates

more than that.   

we need 

-unstuck, for being trapped in a wall or the like. 

-a fix for sliding off a ledge, pop back up, slide off ledge, pop back up, ... cycles that can't be broken easily.  These usually are not endless cycles but you can fall more than 10-15 times before it stops on a bad one.

- a fix for falling off the world and dying, both for tenno & kubrow.   It should detect this and put us back as if we fell off a ledge. 

DE Refuses to put in an unstuck feature as it "Doesn't give them enough info on the problem".

This is only provided that the player doesn't say what they did. The fact that they will have a Screenshot of the persons screen, and will be able to see the minimap, and will easily manage to find out what kind of tileset it is just by looking, there's enough info there to know "There's a problem on this tile where players can get stuck"

Pretty bad excuse if you ask me

Do you know what we need more than an unstuck button?

An in-game report system.

press a button, the game automatically records where you got stuck, takes a snapshot, and you're able to type in some text explaining how to recreate that, and sends it directly to DE.

more than that.   

we need 

-a fix for sliding off a ledge, pop back up, slide off ledge, pop back up, ... cycles that can't be broken easily.  These usually are not endless cycles but you can fall more than 10-15 times before it stops on a bad one.

- a fix for falling off the world and dying, both for tenno & kubrow.   It should detect this and put us back as if we fell off a ledge. 

Some of that is just detection issues that need to be tightened up like they have been recently in the void and I hope they get it clean so we can't fall out of the world anymore on all the tile sets.  I really wish when it replaced us where we fell from it put us completely neutral simply standing where we were that'd avoid the infamous unlimited edge falling problem.

DE Refuses to put in an unstuck feature as it "Doesn't give them enough info on the problem".

This is only provided that the player doesn't say what they did. The fact that they will have a Screenshot of the persons screen, and will be able to see the minimap, and will easily manage to find out what kind of tileset it is just by looking, there's enough info there to know "There's a problem on this tile where players can get stuck"

Pretty bad excuse if you ask me

Do you know what we need more than an unstuck button?

An in-game report system.

press a button, the game automatically records where you got stuck, takes a snapshot, and you're able to type in some text explaining how to recreate that, and sends it directly to DE.

I absolutely agree with both of these sentiments

I got stuck during the Tactical Alert in a little triangle area. Stuck between a rock, a hard place, and a walled off area. Luckily I had a couple of teammates, because it was absolutely impossible for me to do anything while stuck there. I couldn't even wall run or slide-jump my way out. Heck, I find that in situations like that I tend to rely on how easy it is to fall out of the map in the game.

Some sort of unstick command that spawns you in close proximity to a teammate or even to the starting area would be much appreciated, especially for issues such as this. I hate being useless in a mission due to issues on the game's end.

I got stuck during the Tactical Alert in a little triangle area. Stuck between a rock, a hard place, and a walled off area. Luckily I had a couple of teammates, because it was absolutely impossible for me to do anything while stuck there. I couldn't even wall run or slide-jump my way out. Heck, I find that in situations like that I tend to rely on how easy it is to fall out of the map in the game.

Some sort of unstick command that spawns you in close proximity to a teammate or even to the starting area would be much appreciated, especially for issues such as this. I hate being useless in a mission due to issues on the game's end.

Yea feeling useless is pretty much the worst.  Contributing to the mission is why you go on the mission so it is really disappointing to be reduced to basically dead weight due to a bug.

more than that.   

we need 

The sliding off edge endless loop can easily be averted by spamming toggle crouch;  it still needs fixing though.

DE staff has posted that due to the way levels are generated, coordinates and other such basic data are useless for automatic reports.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/314149-requesting-an-unsticking-command-for-people-who-spawn-outside-the-map-or-under-the-map/#entry3541716

(Somewhere else in that thread as well.)

If you get stuck, do as that post says and take a screenshot.

... but yeah we really need an unstuck command somehow.  It'd be tricky to implement (due to the tiled levels and different rotations of the tiles) but come on, we need it.

DE staff has posted that due to the way levels are generated, coordinates and other such basic data are useless for automatic reports.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/314149-requesting-an-unsticking-command-for-people-who-spawn-outside-the-map-or-under-the-map/#entry3541716

(Somewhere else in that thread as well.)

If you get stuck, do as that post says and take a screenshot.

... but yeah we really need an unstuck command somehow.  It'd be tricky to implement (due to the tiled levels and different rotations of the tiles) but come on, we need it.

i think if unstuck were implemented they should spawn you in the center of the room and a couple feet above the floor to offset the chance of being spawned in/under the map. either that or teleport you to where you spawned at the beginning of the mission