Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting: An Unsticking Command For People Who Spawn Outside The Map Or Under The Map

DaganEldr

Merged similar topics.

That would explain why this thread said "three people replied", but now we have a whole nother page.

• photo-33527.png?_r=1412880986Dat avatar

On topic, Karp mentioned that he would see about talking to people about this.

Quite a lot, to do it right. I think our previous, negative stance on this mostly came from the game being a lot smaller back then than it is now. There were way less tilesets with way less tiles. I personally will not be able to do this as my priorities are with design. BUT...

What I am going to do is to try and ask for some resources for this. To get something simple and clean, no bells and whistles. I am as &!$$ed off as you players are when you have to abandon a mission because of a bug in the game. I was thinking about past dealing with a topic like this and came back mumbling and grumbling and not happy with just saying "no" to something because "we" said so.

Low priority, but, stay tuned.

i think if unstuck were implemented they should spawn you in the center of the room and a couple feet above the floor to offset the chance of being spawned in/under the map. either that or teleport you to where you spawned at the beginning of the mission

Well, every option has concerns.

Center of the room?  What if the defense objective is there?  It should check to make sure you don't spawn in the middle of an upright artifact and get stuck there too.

Where you spawned at the beginning?  Meta players can start using that as a shortcut for various missions where extraction is closer than the objective.

Just little things like that which likely complicate adding a system like this into Warframe.

Well, every option has concerns.

Center of the room?  What if the defense objective is there?  It should check to make sure you don't spawn in the middle of an upright artifact and get stuck there too.

Where you spawned at the beginning?  Meta players can start using that as a shortcut for various missions where extraction is closer than the objective.

Just little things like that which likely complicate adding a system like this into Warframe.

They could just use the same spot were items re-spawn when they fall off the map. Every map segment has one as far as I know.

It would make the most sense for it to work similar to the teleport volumes--send you back to the last viable location you had. Only, set your speed to 0, so you don't do that stupid "infinitely jumping off a ledge" thing. Also, give 1 second of zero gravity to allow movement adjustment.

To avoid abuse, limit how often it can be used(if you're legitly stuck, it won't matter if you have to wait a bit). Something like once a minute or so.

Dear DE: don't be ridiculous. You could bind the screenshot + upload automatically to the unstuck command. Do you have screenshots built into the game? yes you do. How about uploading information to the servers? (hint.. everything warframe keeps track of? xp, drops? ... ) It seems pretty silly to ask people to take screenshots then manually upload them when you could do it so much easier, automatically and get the whole population of "stuck". It's not like DE doesn't build tools. You implemented anti cheating into the preloader. Along with auto ban. How hard could it be to automatically screenshot when you use the unstuck command, save it to a folder that warframe monitors while you play, and upload to a server specifically for bug screenshots? 

Dear DE: don't be ridiculous. You could bind the screenshot + upload automatically to the unstuck command. Do you have screenshots built into the game? yes you do. How about uploading information to the servers? (hint.. everything warframe keeps track of? xp, drops? ... ) It seems pretty silly to ask people to take screenshots then manually upload them when you could do it so much easier, automatically and get the whole population of "stuck". It's not like DE doesn't build tools. You implemented anti cheating into the preloader. Along with auto ban. How hard could it be to automatically screenshot when you use the unstuck command, save it to a folder that warframe monitors while you play, and upload to a server specifically for bug screenshots? 

Well, the user might be facing the wall or have the camera pointed somewhere that doesn't show their tile and location properly when the command is run.

Versus if the user has to take the screenshot willingly, they're much more likely to position the camera in a way that will help identify the surroundings and their location.

• 1 month later...

Okay.....

Spawned outta the map many times...

1)Alad V killing when joined squad, spawned at the ceiling (can see other players enjoying the fight..

2)Jackal killing when bleed out and revive, dunno where....

3)that's about it.

I dun know how to post screenshots here so, sorry DE, can't get evidence.