Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading 2.0

Ieyasu_Tokugawa

I have to disagree. I don't want more people with a fat wallet and no experience to buy all the things I worked really hard to get.

thats going to happen anyway... just be glad you can say you worked for it

Edited by Echoa

I'd rather they fix the RNG system for that sort of thing (or plat prices if they prefer... and give console players discounts since we have none?) than make resources trade-able.  

As for trading 2.0, that's a player market imho.  This convoluted and tedious system we currently have has been outmoded for over a decade in games.  Even OG Everquest (which used to have a spam text in a channel then meet in person deal like Warframe) had a player market by 2001... 13 years ago.

I find the platinum prices fair, since you don't need it at all if you can farm two hours a day. I have probably made over 2k platinum in less then two months just by playing the game.

About the resource trading: make everything tradeable but exclude Orokin Cells.

That assumes you can trade.  The trading system on consoles is especially horrible.  All the pain of staring at scrolling text... less resolution, and all the typing of pitches or messaging people is done with a controller.  It's beyond tedious.  That's why I say Trading 2.0 would include a market, the current system is terribad, especially for consoles.  

Platinum pricing is another matter, I find prices for many things to be inordinately high considering how platinum is priced.  I was told, it's not so bad considering you can get platinum for a 75% discount with the proper login bonus, and prices are probably tooled with this in mind.  Of course, console players have the same pricing structure as PC players, but we have no platinum discounts.

So, yes - the system is horribly broken all around.

It's also somewhat disingenuous to say you consider the prices fair if you got your plat by farming instead of paying for it, no?

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

Platinum prices in market aren't balanced, it's that simple.

Farming for it is just as fair a comparison to my mind, since it's trading hours on the game for "money"

Farming presupposes you can sell whatever you farmed for money.  See my previous point about the broken and tedious trade system, especially on consoles? 

When a game expects you to spend time staring at scrolling text instead of actually playing to get something done, then the system is bad and they should feel bad about it.

Farming presupposes you can sell whatever you farmed for money.  See my previous point about the broken and tedious trade system, especially on consoles? 

When a game expects you to spend time staring at scrolling text instead of actually playing to get something done, then the system is bad and they should feel bad about it.

Trading does need to be revamped, but I'd hate to see an open and chaotic market like most MMOs have. Confining it to the trade chat is not a bad solution. I get tired of seeing prime frames and weapons go for as much platinum as you can sell a corrupted mod, I don't think prime weapons and frames should have been made tradeable.

Trading does need to be revamped, but I'd hate to see an open and chaotic market like most MMOs have. Confining it to the trade chat is not a bad solution. I get tired of seeing prime frames and weapons go for as much platinum as you can sell a corrupted mod, I don't think prime weapons and frames should have been made tradeable.

The market we have IS chaotic.  That said, there are numerous ways they could control the market in warframe:

Limit number of market listings by Mastery Rank (e.g. - 1 listing for every 4 ranks): prevents market flooding

Limit number of transactions on the market = # of trades per day currently afforded by MR (same pool): similar impact, and limits the amount of purchasing a person can do

Keep Clan taxes/transaction fees for market transactions, and put a credit fee on listing an item for a fixed period of time

As to the concern about prime items or corrupted mods, they could alter the game to have price floors on those (you can't sell a prime part for less 10p, or whatever), make prime parts untradeable, require having a standard variant to 30 in your codex, or even put MR requirements on Prime part trade/purchases to keep low levels from grabbing primes before they ever see the boss that drops the standard version.

They literally have every tool at their disposal, and many of the existing trade rules could be fitted into a player market.  The current system is bad and needs to be fixed, there's no reason they can't design the replacement intelligently.

As to the concern about prime items or corrupted mods, they could alter the game to have price floors on those (you can't sell a prime part for less 10p, or whatever), make prime parts untradeable, require having a standard variant to 30 in your codex, or even put MR requirements on Prime part trade/purchases to keep low levels from grabbing primes before they ever see the boss that drops the standard version.

Maybe instead of limiting the trades to mastery rank it would be better if they made most prime weapons and frames have a higher mastery requirement than 0 or 1.

This convoluted and tedious system we currently have has been outmoded for over a decade in games.  Even OG Everquest (which used to have a spam text in a channel then meet in person deal like Warframe) had a player market by 2001... 13 years ago.

^ Agreed, so much.

I realize they did it initially because of their peer-to-peer system, not wanting to pay for dedicated servers. It's lazy and cheap, but for a F2P game I suppose I can understand. I'm hoping that the "hubs" they mentioned may have something like a marketplace that might improve things.

I don't know about an auction house. While I can see the appeal, I don't know if it would work well with the current economy. Essentially it will become a bidding market with people that have spent real money on plat, and a lot of people are going to be left out. That is of course, if the auction house is plat based.

Maybe if its credit based, but then i doubt anybody would bother. Money is so easy to come by in this game that a lot of people wouldn't bother. Maybe a pure item for item barter/market system would be better, without the use of currency. At least that way people still have to play the game and get items to trade, instead of just buying everything.

That being said, I buy a bunch of stuff because I can't be bothered farming. I've farmed across 4 MMOs and I'm tired of that gameplay style. I'm fully taking advantage of the founder programs plats :P. Although I would actively take part in an item for item barter/market system, since I really don't need plat and I don't have the patience to navigate through the current trading system.

You had merchants that sold items for you without the need of you being online, staring at chat windows, and negotiating as early as Ultima Online really (1997):

http://www.uoguide.com/Vendor

That said, I'd like to reiterate that it doesn't need to be an "Auction House", a player market is sufficient.  We just need a means of avoiding the time-sink, tedium, and general lack of utility that is the trade channel.  Bear in mind that Console players don't have keyboards (all interaction with players takes place typing on a controller), and that we get none of the plat discounts that PC users can get.

At least that way people still have to play the game and get items to trade, instead of just buying everything.

With similar rules to our current trade system (trades limited by MR, transaction fees), a player would still have to play enough to be able to trade at all, and procure credits to cover the transaction.

As far as buying everything, DE sort of already supports that by selling Warframes/Most weapons/Mods.  If you want controls on buying things, it would be better to suggest they put some limits on things like primes (MR requirements, etc.).  Of course, even that sort of explicitly conflicts with the fact they offer those "Prime Access" packs partially for that reason I imagine.