Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Difference Of Opinion On The Sheev Dagger - My Review

DogManDan

Hello everyone. I know there are tons of people who do not like the new SHEEV and that there just seems to be real negativity towards it, but I am here to put a spin no this and hopefully show you briefly that it is really a good weapon and can be fun.

If you don't know who I am by now I am one of the luck Official Fan Resource channels, and I like to just play the game for fun and am not too much into figuring out how to get the max DPS of a weapon or really caring about highest damage capabilities. I also create general overal builds for the most part which can simply be taken anywhere without the need to consistently check which configuration, setup for a specific mission, etc. 

In short, I am very random and just grab a run and go. So hopefully you enjoy this video and can see the potential of this weapon. SUre may not be end game content but who really cares when you are just having fun.

Please feel free to leave a comment on the youtube video page as it is the quickest way for me to respond back and answer your questions/comments. 

I like your take on it being a short tomahawk.

My own build is maxed for speed, max channeling damage, max regular damage, max slash damage and as high a status chance as I could get it.

I HAD the stance so never tried it without. Interesting wrinkle there. Potentially a way for new players to get comfortable with the weapons before they get all the stances?

I could care less about maximizing DPS, I just don't like how flighty the attack animations are. However, this is a problem with that all daggers suffer from really, so I suppose it's not specific to the Sheev alone (even if the Sheev does accentuate the problems all other single daggers suffer from, be it unjustifiably slow attack speeds to the aforementioned unfitting and generally clumsy attack animations).

To it's credit though, the status chance is it's saving grace, a nice substitute for the Dual Ichors for those who have yet to get their hands on them, and unlike other daggers when it does decide to make contact with a target you do get results. The attack animations just need to throw you around less, I want to hit the target, not perform a ritualistic dance around them.

Glad to see you're enjoying it though :)

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I like it. Thanks for the build :D

Thank you. It is just one way to make it work.

I like your take on it being a short tomahawk.

My own build is maxed for speed, max channeling damage, max regular damage, max slash damage and as high a status chance as I could get it.

I HAD the stance so never tried it without. Interesting wrinkle there. Potentially a way for new players to get comfortable with the weapons before they get all the stances?

I like how you think with that setup sounds pretty fun to me. I may put it together and try it myself.

I could care less about maximizing DPS, I just don't like how flighty the attack animations are. However, this is a problem with that all daggers suffer from really, so I suppose it's not specific to the Sheev alone (even if the Sheev does accentuate the problems all other single daggers suffer from, be it unjustifiably slow attack speeds to the aforementioned unfitting and generally clumsy attack animations).

To it's credit though, the status chance is it's saving grace, a nice substitute for the Dual Ichors for those who have yet to get their hands on them, and unlike other daggers when it does decide to make contact with a target you do get results. The attack animations just need to throw you around less, I want to hit the target, not perform a ritualistic dance around them.

Glad to see you're enjoying it though :)

Very true the Sheev may just be the weapon which brought out noticeable issues in the dagger class, but definitely the status chance does really save the weapon here. Sometimes it fun to perform a ritualistic dance :)

Ugh. Look at 0:47 in the video. This weapon is SO slow.  In every other game, daggers are usually the fastest weapons in the game. In WF? Naw. Heck, my Skana is faster than this thing.

DE needs to revisit weapons like this and tinker with attack speeds a bit.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/312092-hotfix-1473-14731/?p=3533691

Well, increasing the slide speed of one dagger is a good start...but there is still a LOT of room for improvement in the whole Dagger category. Daggers are supposed to be quicker than swords but with the tradeoff of lower base damage.  Unfortunately, I don't have all of the stats in front of me, but I'd wager that if you sorted weapons by attack speed, that daggers would NOT be on top.