Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Was This Map Removed From Infested Defense?

yarash2110

there was that indoors map that used to be in infested defense but instead of adding a map DE replaced it and removed the other map, and now we just have that map where it's a square room, boring as hell, with some tunnels that you can't enter because you need to guard the pod, so why can't there be 2 maps on infested indoors defense in corpus tile sets? just like there are 2 maps in a lot of other missions or even more than 2

I'm just gonna go right ahead and quote my homie on the matter:

Old Xini was an absolute clustermess and I am all sorts of glad I will never ever have to touch it again. It had gone through many iterations and designers before I mainly ended up maintaining it and it was such a mess that even trivial fixes took ages to make. I wanted to re-do it from scratch several times but we never had time nor bandwidth for it.

I can understand looking back at it with teary eyes because of rose tinted old game flair googles, I think it was the first map I ever played in Warframe, but gameplay wise, art wise and maintenance wise it was far behind the pack and it should rest peacefully now.

For context, Killerkarpfen is a level designer from DE, and I assume you mean Xini's old defense map, which is the one the quote is referring to. 

I'm just gonna go right ahead and quote my homie on the matter:

For context, Killerkarpfen is a level designer from DE, and I assume you mean Xini's old defense map, which is the one the quote is referring to. 

i still really like it, this one is a lot worse then the old xini map

Me to I've play the old xini so many time against infested that now I miss it a bit.

I can understand Level designer worries about door heroes mecanism hard to avoid, top spawn and path finding a bit tricky, the good old crawler blocked in pod's left end corner's room.

But as player we got use of all this "bug".

I like the new one cause it's still a little map for fast farm, where you got to have a really stupid door hero to lose some unshared XP.

But I can understand the sadness of people how are afraid to never put again 2 vortex on both xini pod's access. :p

Less camping.

Well, I'm not sure you have try the map now that people have found their spot.

Climb crates, Climb the container, Spam penta/ogris.

If you can wallrun+back jump, you can go to the 2 rail (safest spot ever seen in warframe)

Easy 10 wave.

Have understand the "new" mecanism of volatil infested? Take a cc warframe an go to 20+ waves.

TL;DR; Both map are good against infested, will be glad to see xini map design back against infested (don't worry about design problem& path finding, we got use to seek blocked infested)

Edited by ZeGreymane

They didn't need to replace the map, they could have just put it in one of the many other repetitive areas and left Xini alone. This change was just another peg in the massive launcher nerf strategy they regurgitated upon us last month - which as maps go fails because you can still camp and fire off launchers. BTW, the pathfinding on the new map is bad too, with enemies getting confused and stuck in the "tunnels" leading to the main (pod) area - so thats a big FAIL too.