Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Build?

yarash2110

Question

11 answers to this question

I do not own Braton Prime, but i played around on Warframe Builder, and this is the highest damage i could get. (Needs 4 V slots and 3 - Slots)

For Grineer:

First row (Left to right)

R10 serration (V Slot)

R5 Split Chamber (V Slot)

R10 Heavy Caliber (V Slot)

R5 Fanged Fusillade (- Slot)

Second row (Left to right)

R5 Stormbringer (- Slot)

R5 Hellfire

R5 Infected Clip (- Slot)

R5 Bane of Grineer (V Slot)

For other factions just switch around elements and the bane mod. (Corpus: Magnetic (Stormbringer+ Cryo Rounds)+Toxin (Infected Clip); Void and Infested: Corrosive (Stormbringer+Infected Clip)+Fire (Hellfire))

Edit: With this you get 1177.55 total damage, 10362.44 brust dps, and 7470.04 sustained dps.

Edited by OmegaMK1

Same as anything that relies on raw damage.

Base damage mods (serration, split chamber), elemental combo of choice, and a bane if you can squeeze it in. Focus elemental combo if a bane is not available. I also like shred on this gun, but you could argue speed trigger if you don't want the punchthrough.

I don't bother with heavy caliber because of the combination of accuracy degradation and the fact the gun is only going to get so good. If I need more, there are simply better guns (and, yes, the BratonP could use a substantial buff).

The new slash mod is interesting on this one, but not sure how it stacks up against elemental mods. I suspect on infested it might be superior to focusing on corrosive, but haven't seen or bothered to run any numbers (yet).

"All 4 factions" Is tough to do. However, since the void has all other factions, you might as well just do Corrosive + Heat.

Serration (V)

Split Chamber (V)

Shred

Rifle Ammo Mutation (Swap out for whatever you want)

Infected Clip (-)

Stormbringer (-)

Hellfire

Wildfire

As you can see, I don't favor Slash damage in my build. There's no reason you can't focus on other mods, but this set-up works best for me in the Void.

I put 6 Forma into mine. The 6th one was because of the new slash mods that came out with this last event. You are best off modding for Slash Damage. 

I have 4 V and 1 - polarity. 

Heavy Caliber (V)
Serration (V)
Shred(V) 
Split Chamber (V) 

I run corrosive damage so it helps with the heavies in the void I have the dual status mods on use them if you have them to make that slash damage proc more, the status chance is not amazing but with full auto and multishot it does proc a lot, bleed procs are nice against infested and grineer as well as corpus crewmen. You can swap out the damage type with what ever elemental mods you have but they cost less then the standard elemental mods.

High Voltage (V)
Malignant  Force (V)

Fanged Fusillade (-) 
Sawtooth Clip (-)

That slash procs fairly often so I found modding for slash damage to be a good way to go. Before the new event mods for Slash damage were released I had a polarity spot for Hammershot instead of slash damage which made the total status chance hover around 50%. I took that off in favor of upping the total slash damage 120% boost at max rank was too good to pass up. 

Braton Prime is not a bad gun but there are better ones out there. I run the same build on the Burston Prime and get a much more balanced damage output, if you want raw damage the Boltor Prime you can get some crazy damage builds with. 

Edited by YoreGawd

I put 6 Forma into mine. The 6th one was because of the new slash mods that came out with this last event. You are best off modding for Slash Damage. 

Heavy Caliber (V)

Serration (V)

Shred(V) 

Split Chamber (V) 

High Voltage (V)

Malignant  Force (V)

Fanged Fusillade (-) 

Sawtooth Clip (-)

You put 6 forma into your gun and do not even bother to squeeze the maximum damage out of it? Where is the logic? Why are you guys sticking with those Slash mods? They are near to useless on Braton Prime. Just put 2 good elemental mods in those two slots and the damage will go much, much higher. AND you will be able to adapt your build to any enemy. Examples:

Your build: 666.74 total damage, 7627.51 burst damage, 5073.64 sustained damage

Build with Infected Clip and Stormbringer instead of Slash mods: 861.29 total damage, 9853.16 burst damage, 6554.09 sustained damage.

You put 6 forma into your gun and do not even bother to squeeze the maximum damage out of it? Where is the logic? Why are you guys sticking with those Slash mods? They are near to useless on Braton Prime. Just put 2 good elemental mods in those two slots and the damage will go much, much higher. AND you will be able to adapt your build to any enemy. Examples:

Your build: 666.74 total damage, 7627.51 burst damage, 5073.64 sustained damage

Build with Infected Clip and Stormbringer instead of Slash mods: 861.29 total damage, 9853.16 burst damage, 6554.09 sustained damage.

The Braton Prime I use primarily for infested. I change the status mods for gas damage along with the increased slash damage. The damage bonuses against infested are quite nice, it procs often so the extra slash damage is not wasted coupled with the bonus from Gas I found that works well. Raw DPS is not always the most important thing. 

are you saying slash procs are better than elemental combo's procs?

EDIT: also, IMO the DPS can be ignored only if the difference is negligible, not the freaking 30%.

Not going to lie, watching your enemies explode into pieces after a slash proc is pretty damn cool to watch too ^_^ 

The new slash mod *might* be worth it, if the enemy type is vulnerable to slash damage.

Sawtooth Clip is not. +30% of ~80% is only +24% damage, as an elemental. A Rank 1 dual status mod could beat that.

Archistopheles probably posted the best suggestion so far. Maybe add in HCal if you don't mind the spread increase.