Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Stalker Blueprints Tradeable?

gaurdianaq

I don't care about Stalker weapons and I don't have a stockpile so this doesn't affect me but the arguments against being able to trade these items because "no one will go farm them" make no sense since you can already buy them off the market. Plus Prime items are also being traded yet hasn't stopped people from farming them. If there's plat to made, people will farm them. And people will buy them because there will always be people who don't want to farm. So please stop making that argument.

Here's how I see it:  the stalker items, and anything else on the market, will never be tradeable, and SHOULD NOT be tradeable. If you're that lazy/hated by RNGesus, buy them from DE in the store.

The reason prime parts are tradeable is becasue they simply can't be obtained from the market, and by having people buy them from other players, DE benefits.

If anything in the market was tradeable, though, it would end up undercutting DE and lowering the prices. DE likes to have the viewpoint of "The point of the game is to do this slashy stuff and run around being a ninja and stealing people's stuff. If you really are too lazy to spend time on the game to get stuff, you'll have to pay through the nose to get it instead".

No, they wont do it.

(PS: I like that viewpoint.  Remember, ninjas are the ony ones who play free)

Welcome to Warframe :D

Our beloved god is the RNG so please dont make him angry

RNG is female.  Seriously, how many guys do you know that are that fickle and petty?

I see you're grinding for T4 Survival keys, to then grind for Loki Prime bits.  Well...you didn't sacrifice to me this week, so... nope.  T3 Defense for daaaaays.

On Topic;

Lore wise, restricting trading doesn't work.  That out of the way, we need restricted trading to keep things exclusive/hard to obtain.  It makes people feel special and gives them a goal to work towards.  Personally, if I can trade for everything, I lose interest in the game.  It makes it too easy and I have no reason to try.

Tradeable Stalker-weapons/Detron/Brakk are never, ever gonna happen.

Detron and Brakk were Event-rewards originally so DE want them to be hard to obtain now. It's already generous that we can get them at all.

Stalker-weapons are available in a bundle on the market, with slots and pre-catalyzed. If you don't have the patience or gear to face Stalker multiple times, you can get them without any effort. I cannot recall one single thing that is on the market and tradeable (the helmet-story aside). DE need to make some profit afterall. If they'd make Stalker-BP's tradeable, nobody would ever buy the What-Stalker?-bundle again.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Why make them tradeable really? Do you want only the shiny sht or do you want the thrill of a hunt for stalker? (pun intended)

Zanuka and J3 are pleasant surprise always and I had much fun farming for Detron. When I got that final part I was happy for the rest of the week.

What I`m trying to say - dont kill the game for yourselves, enjoy it and RNG will reward you.

After farming the brakk for 3 months straight day after day with NO LUCK AT ALL I would happily pay 1000 platinum for it...But it's not tradeable...

I can guarantee you'd regret spending 1000 plat on something you can even get without asking for. I had Detron and Brakk after two weeks of intensified invasion-runs.. got sick of it, Brakk took a while because G3 can be tough without the proper gear, but by then I had the Phage and the Detron to face them. And happened to get into a team with a Nekros. Plus, you get the rare multishot-mods, even if there are no Brakk-drops.

Im not sure it negates the "farming" of them... given its kinda hard to farm Stalker at the best of times never mind the fact the RNGs hate us all with a passion at the best of times but as already said its likely they cant be traded because they are incentives to buy for real money from the marketplace.

Here's how I see it:  the stalker items, and anything else on the market, will never be tradeable, and SHOULD NOT be tradeable. If you're that lazy/hated by RNGesus, buy them from DE in the store.

The reason prime parts are tradeable is becasue they simply can't be obtained from the market, and by having people buy them from other players, DE benefits.

If anything in the market was tradeable, though, it would end up undercutting DE and lowering the prices. DE likes to have the viewpoint of "The point of the game is to do this slashy stuff and run around being a ninja and stealing people's stuff. If you really are too lazy to spend time on the game to get stuff, you'll have to pay through the nose to get it instead".

No, they wont do it.

(PS: I like that viewpoint.  Remember, ninjas are the ony ones who play free)

You can actually buy things on the market that are tradeable though.  In particular, I'm think of the Prime Access stuff, since the same Prime suit/gear you buy can be traded piecemeal.  Bundles on market can also give you specific mods (Lethal Torrent, Shred, and... one other that escapes me).  There's also the Void Key pack and the Fusion Core/Mod packs.  

It's an interesting point about undercutting prices though.  The cost of prime gear is pretty is typically much cheaper in trade than Prime Access.  DE also sells most weapons straight out for X amount of plat, and it's true THOSE aren't tradable.  However, you can get a prime version of the Boltor, Latron, etc. for less plat than DE's in-market plat prices for weapons (even counting the slot + potato).  So, they're already being undercut, in a manner of speaking.

That's not to say that I think they should make Stalker (or G3) stuff tradable.  I'd prefer an in-game solution like stackable marks for G3 that reward time spent with less irregular spawning.

Kind of repeating myself a bit here, but I think we should at least have something to do with these extra BP's and parts. Selling a Detron Receiver or a Hate Blueprint for 3500 credits just seems like a crime to do to something so rare. If not make them tradable, then maybe exchanging them for something rare resources like Reactors and Catalysts?

I don't fully agree with this idea, first off there won't be no point into farming stalker really if you can just buy his parts, and secondly he has all his complete gear into the market for a high price already.

I respect ur opinion but stalker is already hard to farm as he is. With 3% spawn chance at max and dropping nothing or just dread most of the time I still dont see why people wont farm him. Not to mention the incredibly expensive what stalker bundle thats obv there for marketing reasons. 800 plat for 3 weapons and smoke colos is just too much.

Kind of repeating myself a bit here, but I think we should at least have something to do with these extra BP's and parts. Selling a Detron Receiver or a Hate Blueprint for 3500 credits just seems like a crime to do to something so rare. If not make them tradable, then maybe exchanging them for something rare resources like Reactors and Catalysts?

Reactors and catalysts might be overkill for something like a blueprint.

Perhaps if they had something like a NPC trade-station, where Corpus-guy "insert-name-here" would offer you varying amounts of resources for rare dropped blueprints, and you could take the payment in X number of neurodes, orokin cells, neural sensors, or whatever.  Early game Blueprints like Seer might only be worth a single Orokin Cell, but later game and rarer ones like the Miter/Detron/Boltor Prime could get you slightly more.  It could help take some Prime stuff out of circulation since people are always hurting for things like cells/neurodes.

Alternatively, if the trader man could give you special blueprints/items that you couldn't get in clan research or the market for trading in lots of the clan research resources, that would be neat (you tend to wind up with a lot of worthless mutagen samples, etc. since clan research is finished so quickly and those have no other use).

However just looking at this thread you see many people with duplicats of stalker weaponry meaning that he isn't behind a massive RNG wall

People with 500+ hours of gaming .... you can get everything statistically with enough play time, having duplicates means nothing.

Your argument is stupid.

Edited by CommodoX

I would love to be able to trade some of the extra assassin drops. I would personally trade an entire set of detron components for the last brakk part I need.

Really though wasn't the point of trading prime components in the first place meant to offer an alternative to RNG grinding? Why shouldn't this extend to the assassin drops?