Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elara, Jupiter Pickup Bug

soundtea

The unable-to-pick-up-anything bug has been around far too long, and it's not just confined to Elara.  Very annoying, especially with Carrier, since pickups and life support packets block your view.  G3 showed up earlier during an invasion and dropped a Brakk BP which I couldn't pick up as well: I had Brakk already, but my clanmate couldn't pick it up, so I aborted.

hi, fellow players and devs...

... This bug seems to be affecting all regions of Jupiter in my case. Specific areas, including small storage rooms, where drops appear (be it lockers, containers or AI units) they suddently cannot be picked up. However, there are areas within the same room where items can be picked as normal. This usually happens, when lockers are involved, as soon as the locker is opened, otherwise is just seems to happen anywhere

To me, this is something related with several tileset holes... Not big enough for a Tenno or an AI unit to drop into it, but big enough to get drops stuck in this 'uncollectible' state... Its a theory though, just as the following where I also think its nothing related with tileset holes but with item drops being initialized as uncollectibles. Not even using a Carrier to suck them up works. This ends up ruining Survival missions in Jupiter and Defense runs, but (at least for me) it becomes irrelevant on other game modes since there is no "special" condition like Lufe Support or a protection detail objective.

It would be nice if it gets fixed permanently, and not simply hotfixed, since most hotfixes now are making old bugs return in force.

On two separate occasions I have played survival on this node and there is a particular area where my warframe will not pick anything up. First time was Oberon w/carrier pet had squadmate, second is Banshee with Kubrow solo.

http://imgur.com/o9cXD2k,QqsoBhI

http://imgur.com/o9cXD2k,QqsoBhI#1

The area with no pickup functionality seems to be the area around the raised platform. In this room there is another platform area also without pickup functionality.

I was also unable to revive a squadmate who fell down in this area, no X prompting or anything was given.

Edited by RugerMK1

Had this issue a day ago.  3/4 players mentioned not being able to pick anything up in the area.

2014_09_15_00004.jpg

In addition there have been times when the right panel of the door (upper-left of the map) would not pop up the interactive marker, so that door could not be opened if it was a "friendship door" and you were not solo.

This isn't specific elara. Jupiter's tileset in general seems to be totally bugged out currently.

I've given up until it's repaired. Elara is just where it seems worst because pickups are so critical during survival. (not to mention not being able to activate big o2 canisters)

Does carrier still grab stuff in those sections where you can't?

It pulls the items towards you but you can't pick them up. They just float in front of your face. The items can also block your vision if you zoom in.

2014-09-21_00004_zps06471ff9.jpg

I couldn't activate 

After a while the items will drop, gathering in a big pile but they cannot be picked up.

2014-09-21_00001_zps8396e780.jpg

fml 

Edited by AnonymousArmadillo

LOL, I created a thread, and posted in countless others, but I guess I missed another 5 threads on the same subject.

Rebecca - We need a bug tracker, I bet there are 20+ threads on this same topic.

I suggested a bug tracker as well in another thread I created many moons ago, and asked a com mod to suggest to you guys..

Anyway, nice to see it has been reported to Devs, thank you.

Merged an additional thread.

I suggested a bug tracker as well in another thread I created many moons ago, and asked a com mod to suggest to you guys..

We have explored different ways of bug trackers to have a role in reports, but with out current structure, bug reports immediately benefit greatly from following this guideline:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/260022-bug-report-guidelines-please-read/

This allows the forum search feature to be used by our team (and fellow Tenno) to find more information more effectively. Also, the forums are publicly permanent. We can search back for records/issues for as long as topics have existed.

Trust me, there is nothing more frustrating than having information about an issue and wanting it fixed, but finite bandwidth isn't going away in the foreseeable future. There are 896,557 forum accounts to suggest improvements (and triage severity of issues), but only a handful of DE accounts to act on them. With such finite resources, we are forced to prioritize. Game crashes, performance, matchmaking, DDoS attacks and connectivity issues, etc often have priority over isolated bugs. Much like an emergency room, wait times may be longer for wounds needing a stitch vs. open heart surgery.

One tool ipBoards has that lends itself to this concept is the "Mark Solved" which we experimented with about 1 month ago in players helping players. Because of the success of this tool in that subforum, it's being seriously considered for bug reports!

Sorry for the continued frustration.

No problem at all, not a frustration with bugs, they are par for the course with a Beta really!

My original idea was that it could save the Devs seeing multiple threads on the same subject, and hopefully save them time.

I was just hoping to highlight a bug tracker as a possible solution, but if the current system works for you guys, I'm not arguing!

Thanks again.

I have new info about this bug, it seams it's not related to any node or mission, it's just this map (check out my picture above , post #42) that is bugged, I tried to collect the resources, mods and credits in that map but only a few of them I successfully obtain, while in other maps I collect them normally 

I had this happen to me twice, once on Exterminate and another on Survival. One happened last night and the other today, I got screenshots of todays. Todays really sucked because there was a rare mod that got dropped (Along with 3 other regular.) and I couldn't get any of them.

However I notice that it seems to be a situational thing, it'll happen in one part of the map but the everywhere else is fine.