Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist, Why We Need A Gun Have Shorter Range Than A Melee Weapon?

cary2010haha

Polearms & Whips non-stance slashes hit further range in AOE without use any ammo.

And most melee weapon do more damage than Embolist 2, so why DE you don't get Embolist some changes?

Hey, I am not asking you to nerf the melee weapon.........................if you really want to nerf something. nerf NYX, nerf her can fix everything :P

Edited by Cary2010haha

I have no idea why it is like it is.

My fear is that DE will go along with requests that it be able to use Firestorm and consider the job done because that was the common request from the boards when this issue was hotter. Firestorm is % based like everything else. Can't hit $hit +40% will just become can't hit crap and cost us a utility or damage mod. It needs to be changed fundamentally IMO.

You know how there's a little bit of a build up time before the Ignis gets to full range? I think it'd be cool if Embolist had a crazy high firing rate, crazy long range, but a very slow 'drift' time, so you could dump the whole mag to make a custom shaped cloud that drifts forward for a long time. Supra-like speeds, maybe a little slower. I don't remember where I read that, but that was my favorite.

Edited by VKhaun

I have no idea why it is like it is.

My fear is that DE will go along with requests that it be able to use Firestorm and consider the job done because that was the common request from the boards when this issue was hotter. Firestorm is % based like everything else. Can't hit $hit +40% will just become can't hit crap and cost us a utility or damage mod. It needs to be changed fundamentally IMO.

You know how there's a little bit of a build up time before the Ignis gets to full range? I think it'd be cool if Embolist had a crazy high firing rate, crazy long range, but a very slow 'drift' time, so you could dump the whole mag to make a custom shaped cloud that drifts forward for a long time. Supra-like speeds, maybe a little slower. I don't remember where I read that, but that was my favorite.

Ammo consumption is already bad as it is right now, and you still want to nerf it even further...funny

Ammo consumption is already bad as it is right now, and you still want to nerf it even further...funny

Yes. I would make it more like Angstrum. Something you fire big shots of, rather than a ffrrrrppppppppppprrppppp in something's face from a foot away. I would discuss my idea vs yours, but you didn't post an idea. You just want ammo consumption to change so you can ffrrrrppppppppppprrppppp longer.

ffffrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppprrrrpppppppppp.

Yes. I would make it more like Angstrum. Something you fire big shots of, rather than a ffrrrrppppppppppprrppppp in something's face from a foot away. I would discuss my idea vs yours, but you didn't post an idea. You just want ammo consumption to change so you can ffrrrrppppppppppprrppppp longer.

ffffrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppprrrrpppppppppp.

That was one of my suggestions: reduce the ammo consumption by half and increase the range to be at least 15m. It'd make sense since Embolist is small, it doesn't spray as much so it doesn't cost as much fuel as Ignis. We don't need another cloud proc weapon like Torid considering it was so weak for a long time