Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access Accessories

RIOT

The higher the prices go, the less inclined I am to purchase plat. I like my transactions micro, not macro.

while I agree! this thread is mainly targeting the pricing of the prime access accessories.

or at least that was the idea...

plat is pretty easy to get once you know what to farm for and how much to sell it for.

Edited by RIOTx

Just gonna add my voice, I would buy the accessories at 20$, but at 50, I once again have to skip out. Would have bought the Misa and the Sentinel Prime accessories at 20ish too. Yes, 20$ for a scarf, I would have paid.

You make these beautiful things and then you make them too expensive to be enjoyed. :(

Just gonna add my voice, I would buy the accessories at 20$, but at 50, I once again have to skip out. Would have bought the Misa and the Sentinel Prime accessories at 20ish too. Yes, 20$ for a scarf, I would have paid.

You make these beautiful things and then you make them too expensive to be enjoyed. :(

same... I really liked the sugaruta from last prime access

Agreed, the accessories are overpriced. Not to mention, the fact that it contains no plat whatsoever makes it even harder to swallow. DE was going in the right direction when they created a separate accessory purchase option, but the job isn't finished and they can still improve it with more options and more reasonable pricing.  

They looked cool in the preview on the site. But once I got them they are not what I expected the level of quality to be. I hate that you are not giving the option to change the gold in the armor parts, and the leg armors are not modeled right and clip in to the shin of the frame. The Sugatra are not a fabric and have awful physics. You can also not change the old.

I am very displeased with this and having to spend $50 on something that is at this level of or more so lack of care and customization is unacceptable.

Any chance you could share some pics?

Well the Prime Access Accessory Pack looks like a 3 months subscribtion to me, plus few extra cosmetic goods, sure they are good, but wouldn't pay them 50$/45€, and more over i wouldn't pay 15€ per month as a sub price... it is way way way  too much.

DE just listen to a stupid, lower the price to 8-10€ per month and you're gonna sell more than double of those Prime Access Accessory Packs.

Really i'm fine with the way overpriced weapons and warframes in the market, it's good they are expensive, because anybody could get them in game just by playing it, but your cosmetic stuff costs way too much. As a fellow ninja posted before, we like micro transactions, not macro ones.

Edited by perfectStranger

Big business 101 ... and it's something a lot of companies seem to fail at.

Charging more money doesn't make you more money.

Drop the prices a bit and more people will be willing to pay.

Even though the prime access packs make them less money as a pack then they would separately. 

And you are wrong by the way, there are many situations were charging more gains you more. 

Edited by BrotherIcarus

DE logic : sell exclusive prime accessories, put a non exclusive prime item in it.

Well the packs with non exclusive stuff is just like buying plat at normal or lower rate, so its not that bad if you don't have at least a 50% or more discount active on buying plat.

Prime Packs:

Control pack 45€ with 1050 plats (50?) and the 2 weapons: this is like buying 1000 plats, but you get the weapons instead of the mod Shred (Sundry Pack)

Chaos Pack 72€ with 2625 plats (why 25? can we get a round number pls??? 2700?): this is the cheaper money to plats ratio, cheaper than buying 2100 plats (90€), and you get the weapons, the warframe instead of Shred and Vigor, nice.

Absorb Pack 126€ with 3990 plats (...90...again...what about 4000?): this is cheaper than buying 4300 plats (180€) while getting everything plus the accessories and the timed booster for 3 months (aka a subscription). Now here the plat is not so cheap like in the Chaos, but you get the accessory pack, which should you buy it separately with the Chaos pack would then rise your total expense nearly to the Absorb Pack (117€ vs 126€) while getting less plats.

So if you are willing to drop money in this game the prime acces packs are a good trade off. All but the accessory pack alone.

But looking at the total as i said, i wouldn't spend 126€ every 3 months, not even 45€ for the quasi-subscription pack. Heck it doens't have a persistant world, no servers to mantain, just a chat, all the rest is hosted buy one of us :/

I do like this game, but i'd like to pay fairly for it.

Edited by perfectStranger

When you're the only one selling and people like what you got.

:l

Even then, more people would buy if the price was lower.

It doesn't matter how you look at it, people love a bargain. If they took 10 whole dollars (i'll go with dollars, i'm British but there seems to be more Americans) off the packs then more people would buy.

Take 20 dollars off then yet more would buy.

Cheaper will always equal more sales.

Increase in demand and when something that is new.

Still haven't proven me wrong.

More people would still buy if something was cheaper.

More sales equals more money.

Always.

Edited by Ailissa

Even then, more people would buy if the price was lower.

If they were cheaper more people would buy them but not necessarily enough to make up for the reduction in price.  It's certainly not a rule that the cheapest price will always make the most money.

In the first place Prime Access was supposed to be a way to basically bulk donate with the nice exclusives as bonuses.  DE make a lot of money off people buying the cheaper armors off the market.

They're targeting a different group with prime access sales.

I'm with you on this one.  I wouldn't even drop $10 for this armor set, especially not $50 considering most other armor sets are less then 10 bucks.

However, I see where DE are coming from.  After 90"ish" days, the armor will be exclusive.

It is kind of a shame because that armor would look sick on on our prime frames....

EDIT:

After some thinking, I have a different opinion.  If you think about it, I am sure many of the player interested in this armor set could be master rank 12 and over.  DE I hate to say it, but giving your long term players boosters is bad marketing.  We shouldn't be "focused" into buying boosters, when half of us don't even want them anymore.

After 740+ hours in the game, credit boosters don't even interest me that must, and affinity boosters are just about worthless.  I want this armors set, but I can't throw down 50 bucks for something that simple a bad @$$ looking cosmetic.  It doesn't feel right, and be be perfectly honest, it doesn't feel like the DE or Warframe I have grown to love and support.

:/

Edited by thottt

They're targeting a different group with prime access sales.

Yes, and this group are the players who are truly dedicated.

Problem is, theese people also have no use for 90 day boosts.

Ive gotten all the MR ill ever need, i have all the the rank 10 mods that i would ever consider using, i have only not bothered to get one frame after 9 months with the game.

I have no use for those boosts. People who have been with the game longer than me have no use for theese boosts.

Edited by Dualstar

Yes, and this group are the players who are truly dedicated.

Problem is, theese people also have no use for 90 day boosts.

I actually agree, but in a way it doesn't matter.

It's silly to buy any form of prime access thinking you got your "money's worth".  It's supposed to be a donation that offers something shiny to show off.  Also, to be honest it does cut down on the mastery grinding that forma addicts like myself go through.  Another cheaper alternative would be kind of pointless though, they may as well just sell it in the market at that point.

It wasn't long ago that people had to pay their way to the top of the prime tier for the pretty exclusives.