Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Prime Viable? Or Hope For Aklex Prime?

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

18 answers to this question

I am somewhat interested in it.

well for starters it does the EXACT same/amount of damage as the lat prime but has a much higher crit change (44% with the crit mod IIRC) but it may last a bit longer due to pistol mod scaling. I put a single forma in mine and it does work. So I'd get one and the parts for a second and wait for AkLex prime. gotta get that mastery.

well for starters it does the EXACT same/amount of damage as the lat prime but has a much higher crit change (44% with the crit mod IIRC) but it may last a bit longer due to pistol mod scaling. I put a single forma in mine and it does work. So I'd get one and the parts for a second and wait for AkLex prime. gotta get that mastery.

Would you use a Lex Prime over Despair or Hikou Prime?

LexP performs quite well.

good Status, good Damage, Crits that are moderately reliable, and it looks damn cool. that Reload Animation is neato.

Haha true.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Seer is viable. Lex Prime > Seer. Oh, and we're definitely getting AkLex prime. It's going to come out 1 day after you forma your Lex Prime for the 6th time.

And you can't compare Despair to Lex Prime. That's like comparing a Soma to a Dread, different playstyles.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Seer is viable. Lex Prime > Seer. Oh, and we're definitely getting AkLex prime. It's going to come out 1 day after you forma your Lex Prime for the 6th time.

And you can't compare Despair to Lex Prime. That's like comparing a Soma to a Dread, different playstyles.

I'm not asking him to compare them, I simply asked which one would he rather use.

Guest Tehnoobshow

I'm not asking him to compare them, I simply asked which one would he rather use.

That implies that they are comparable... And why would you care anyway? You're not him, use whichever one you think suits your playstyle. The meta gets boring pretty quickly.

that depends actually like someone else said its up to your playstyle, so if i want to run around yelling at my screen "say tenno skooom again" and then proceeding to blast a massive hole in their body then lex prime it is. but overall i enjoy using the lex more BUT the dispair should be slightly better than the hikou prime (dont have the hikou prime yet) also i havent actually formaed any of my stalker weapons despite having them for a long time. 

i would, as i like both Despair and LexP (i'd rather not get started about how pointless Hikou has always been), but i feel LexP is more effective most of the time.

LexP is more flexible, and better at doing most things at the same time, i feel.

it's also a Power Ranger gun, who can say no to that.

that depends actually like someone else said its up to your playstyle, so if i want to run around yelling at my screen "say tenno skooom again" and then proceeding to blast a massive hole in their body then lex prime it is. but overall i enjoy using the lex more BUT the dispair should be slightly better than the hikou prime (dont have the hikou prime yet) also i havent actually formaed any of my stalker weapons despite having them for a long time.

Oh. Do you think the Hikou could out Damage the Despair from status chance and procs? Also check the wiki, Hikou Prime has more benefits.

i would, as i like both Despair and LexP (i'd rather not get started about how pointless Hikou has always been), but i feel LexP is more effective most of the time.

LexP is more flexible, and better at doing most things at the same time, i feel.

it's also a Power Ranger gun, who can say no to that.

Me.

My vote would be that it's a quality weapon and no guarantee we'd actually get higher dps, RoF, reload, or w/e with an ak version (ex look what happened to bronco prime), nor do we know a time frame of its release. 

I often run sniper/bows as primary so it doesn't make a good secondary choice for me. But I did enjoy the weapon.  The search for the perfect secondary weapon continues for me. 

Seer is viable? lol but ya I get ur drift

Far as the Hikou Prime vs Despair goes, assuming the same mod'ing, Hikou Prime has like a tiny bit higher burst dps (5% more), 26% more sustained, (2.5% more), 24% more sustained, and far better status proc chance-however- not high enough status proc chance to mod toward dmg'ing procs but certainly can get some crazy cc and status effects out of it. Edit: 8.5'ish estimated procs per sec burst (7.2 sustained procs per sec) with a build I'd consider, enough to tear through armor very quickly if using corrosive. This weapon could be a lot of fun. Radiation builds (getting enemies to attack each other) is the only way I can envision this thing being truely dominate at.

Despair just basically has 66% better ammo efficiency. Which in some regards is quite massive. With that said, I wouldn't bring either of these into a t4 endless and expect to go the distance with them-at least, not better than a Brakk, LexP, or Marelok. edit: radiation build has hope?

I realize this is theory crafting but unless there's some mechanic that doubles the dmg of Hikiou P that I'm not aware of, it'll probably just end up collecting dust.  People that fear and advocate against power creep have won this round.

Edited by Quizel

I used my own spreadsheet that I made over summer. It's got a ton of bells and whistles. If you want to try it out you can find a link in my profile.

Anyway, %'s were off a smidgen because I pulled the impact, punture, and slash dmg for despair off of wiki which is currently wrong. WF builder and ingame stats match.

2.5% burst difference and 23.7% sustained.

673rsxe.jpg

wep 1 is despair and the non-proc dps calculation matches wf builders perfectly.
Edited by Quizel

That implies that they are comparable... And why would you care anyway? You're not him, use whichever one you think suits your playstyle. The meta gets boring pretty quickly.

There's no harm in asking for someone else's opinion on choosing a weapon if they acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of each option, then describe how one of those options better fits his/her playstyle.

I used my own spreadsheet that I made over summer. It's got a ton of bells and whistles. If you want to try it out you can find a link in my profile.

Anyway, %'s were off a smidgen because I pulled the impact, punture, and slash dmg for despair off of wiki which is currently wrong. WF builder and ingame stats match.

2.5% burst difference and 23.7% sustained.

673rsxe.jpg

wep 1 is despair and the non-proc dps calculation matches wf builders perfectly.

I see.