Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Fed Up With Survival Countdowns

Valletta

There is survival, then there is the countdown, where you have to survive for 10 minutes before you extract. These are usually in alerts and such. Now, usually it isn't a problem. But here is why I am tired of it. In some cases the game doesn't spawn enough enemies, and the ones that it does spawn do not drop enough of the personal life support. So for these I have to really rely on the ones dropped by the lotus. Usually you want to activate them at 60% or lower. Except when you get a troll. I had someone today, and this has happened before, where they come in and activate it at 80%, screwing us over so that we can't complete the mission and lose everything. Its usually only around a minute left before we lose. And of course we cant extract because you have to survive the 10 minutes. Having that extra 10% would have saved us and beat the mission. And to top it off, the mission doesn't end. Instead the timer stops and you go down to 5 health. You are seriously going to let me survive on 5 health and not let the timer continue? I actually survived the 54 seconds left. But I could extract. Because the timer was stopped. That's like a big FU to the face. Finally we gave up and died, losing everything. Either this mode needs to be gone, or let the timer continue after life support runs out.

Yup, I seen this tread again and again, dont know if DE is even awere of this problem, that does exist since survival was invented.

They even included new prime parts on the void surv maps, which of those is T2 surv, that is more then broken, passing the 10-15m mark is quite impossible for lack of enemies and lotus capsules.

Enemies spawn where you cannot see them; if your team is super spread out enemies have less places they can spawn. To increase the volume of enemies the game can give to you, you should attempt to stay together. 

That is the right way to play surv, but even that doesn't work, some maps are just purely broken.

You can stay in a room, visiting no doors until the air goes out, but no enemy will show, nor lotus will drop a capsule.

I even played some with a nekros on the team, not even like that we passed the 10m mark,

Edited by 7grims

You can leave Anytime after the 1st reward you aren't locked in until the next ones. If you have someone trolling Just leave after the 1st reward, then start a game with friends

Did you not read. IT IS NOT REGULAR SURVIVAL. YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE 10 MINUTES WHILE THE TIMER COUNTS DOWN TO 0 TO GET THE REWARD.

Enemies spawn where you cannot see them; if your team is super spread out enemies have less places they can spawn. To increase the volume of enemies the game can give to you, you should attempt to stay together. 

The four of us stuck together near the capsule. The infested didn't come.